LIVE BLOG: EA Press Conference

Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
3:15 PM
EA closes off. My thoughts? EA is gonna bring in some serious cash this year. Now that they've got BioWare with them they've got some AAA games.

3:14 PM
Still I'm a little worried for a Star Wars MMO after galaxies. It's just hard creating a class based system when everyone wants to be a jedi.

3:13 PM
Between this, Dragon Age and and Mass Effect 2 EA sure has a lot on its plate.

3:12 PM
Oh snap, Jedi vs. Sith battle. Massive amounts of sabers being swung.

3:11 PM
Cinematic seems pretty cool. It's a sith lord taking on a whole set of dudes. Looks like we've got some Jedi and Bounty Hunters as well.

"4th pillar or story to MMO genre". Cinematic trailer being shown.

3:10 PM
Full voice-over game. No text. Pretty intense, though will that mean I can't skip horrible quest descriptions?

3:09 PM
BioWare and LucasArts execs talking up Old Republic. "Story driven"

3:08 PM
There are a shit load of fake jedis on the stage.

3:07 PM
Fuck yes. Old republic?

3:06 PM
There's shooting and driving. Looks real time? You are either a good guy or a bad guy. I'm still terribly confused.

Looks kinda story driven. Wonder how they work in the MMO aspects. Kinda confused about what this actually is.

3:05 PM
The character customization and modeling in APB looks pretty sweet. Best yet?

New IP from Real Time Worlds. All Points Bulletin is their new mmo? 100 players in a live world where they must achieve fame and fortune.

That was quick. They're not showing much from it. No gameplay.

Crysis 2 will be on 360, PS3 and PC. Simultaneous launches.

3:04 PM
Thickly accented CEO of Cytek shows up to talk about Crysis 2.

3:02 PM
It involves Tim controlling Jack Black through an x360 controller. SOme more gameplay footage. Looks like there are some racing sequences in the game.

3:00 PM
2600 lines of dialog for Jack Black. Video message from him running now. It's part 2 to that earlier trailer.

2:59 PM
Apparently there is a "sacred beer tree" in Brutal Legend.

2:58 PM
New Brutal Legend trailer is up. Looks awesomely goofy. Battling lots of druids and metallic spiders. That seems about right.

2:57 PM
Tim just comes off as damned authetic. I love how he's a little nervous. This guy loves his job. OZZY!

2:56 PM
Dude, Lita Ford! Yumm.

2:55 PM
I love that the villains in Brutal Legend are built from real rockers. This game is gonna be sweet.

2:54 PM
Schaffer, if I made a list of people I wanted to meet when I was 14, I got to meet them making this game.

2:53 PM
Tom Schaffer is up to show off Brutal Legend. Nice.

2:52 PM
The open world naure of this game kinda reminds me of InFAMOUS. Except with more brothels. 

2:51 PM
Definitely looks better then Velvet Aassassin

2:50 PM
NM, looks like we've got some gameplay. i LOVE the desaturated environment with super saturated color in certain spots. 

2:49 PM
I'd really like to see some real gameplay from this one. The titling kind of reminds me of Valkyrie.

It's the pandemic guys. We had an interview with them last week. Check it out. The saboteur is on display. Really looking forward to this one.

2:48 PM
Peter Moore is wrapping up. I love that dude. He wins best Exec award.

2:47 PM
He's dyed his hair on top to hide it. Just shave it like Agassi did. That's how you go classy. Back to the games. Grand Slam looks pretty fun. Definitely a bit more nuanced then previous Wii tennis offerings.

2:46 PM
Look, it's Sampras. And he's bald too! That's 3 of um.

2:45 PM
I like the hardcore tennis stance these two are getting into. Peter Moore always looks like he's having so much fun.

2:44 PM
Two bald men are playing sports right now. This is realistic.

2:43 PM
Grand Slam Tennis is up next. I really hope there are some motion controls for McEntroe's anger.

2:42 PM
EA Active sold 600k in 2 weeks. That's a huge launch.

2:41 PM
Busy Mom's don't have time to work out like they used to. That's right Peter Moore.

2:40 PM
Nothing like introducing a woman by broadcasting her body size. Sheesh.

2:39 PM
Oh, off the couch and standing in front of the TV. I gotcha. This fitness stuff is killing in sales though. I wonder how well this stuff works. Anyone messed with it?

2:38 PM
EA Sports Active "get people off the couch". Err, ok.

Looks pretty comprehensive. Has iPhone support, message boards and full web connectivity.  Yeah, it's just Madden, but it's still madden.

2:37 PM
Madden 10 online franchise. Online drafts with 30 friends. 

Team Builder is available today 1 month before the game is released. Neat.

2:36 PM
Team Builder in NCAA football allows you to add logos and teams. My guess is this is their way to battle the suit brought against them from NCAA players.

2:34 PM
500k games played online with FIFA.

2:33 PM
Peter Moore joked about an MMA tattoo. "My wife would kill me".

2:32 PM
EA "gets into the cage" with EA Sports Mixed Martial Arts.

2:31 PM
Ryan just IMed. He's gonna upload some MS press conference photos he took here in a bit. I wonder if we'll see a trashcan.

2:30 PM
Mike totally took one on the nose. Looks like he's in trouble. This game has really excellent sweat. Let's talk about the sweat engine.

Can detect the difference between glances and full hits.

2:29 PM
Mike Tyson vs. Mohammed Ali. I'd pick Tyson, no joke.

Fight Night Round 4 is up next. Physics engine is the big thing Moore is pusing with the title.

2:28 PM
Peter Moore is up. I wanna see a new tattoo!

2:27 PM
EA Sports goes with the operetta options for their music. Classy.

2:26 PM
BioWare is all about the Heavy Metal. Mass Effect 2 looks pretty awesome, but I'm curious to know if they made they actual shooting a little less clunky. Looks like your've got some zoom effect weapons though.

2:25 PM
Gameplay being shown for Mass Effect 2. Looks a whole lot darker with musical undertones that are all kinds of moody.

2:24 PM
Quick trivia. Name the game that BioWare only worked on the sequel property?

2:23 PM
Mass Effect 2 is up next.

2:22 PM
Oh, there's Marylyn. I don't mind it. This game looks fucking brutal. So excited. Looks like a really mature storyline. Still. They aren't showing a whole lot of gameplay from this game. Has me a little worried.

2:21 PM
OK time to pretend like I'm a fanboy. IM SO PUMPED FOR DRAGON AGE. I HOPE THE STORY IZ GUD!

2:20 PM
Looks like BioWare ditched the Marylyn Manson for NiN. Good move.

2:19 PM
Competition at the SHIFT booth for a BMW you can drive away for. Dragon Age is up next.

2:18 PM
I love the blur effect that happens in the cockpit so that it forces you to focus on the road.

2:17 PM
Poor Patrick, so far he's the most awkward presenter of the day. Still, I'm really looking forward to SHIFT. It looks a lot like Codemasters' GRID series.

2:16 PM
"Driver Profile" is the term for what I like to call the badass cockpit. Oh man, that had to start the video over. This one is going horrible.

2:15 PM
Patrik tells me he's excited about NFS Shift, but he sure doesn't emote it. "Redefines the racing experience".

2:14 PM
This totally reminds me of Teen Girl Squad from Homestar Runner. Cheerleader... The Ugly One! Scattered applause from the audience.

2:13 PM
Look at those girls shake those remotes! How come this stuff isn't on Natal?

2:12 PM
"Games for Girls" is the new studio. We've got some little tykes on stage with a women who has a whole lot of hair. Apparently you get to run the most awesome pajama party. Let's tease our hair... ZOMGZ!

2:11 PM
All kidding aside, if I were a girl I'd totally love Littlest Pet Shop. It's smart to get the kids addicted to consumerism early.

2:10 PM
It's the EA logo in PINK. Oh man. You crazy EA.

2:09 PM
Chip Lang seems pretty conformable on stage. Maybe it's the undone button up shirt. Sorry, I'm obsessed with execu-wear. He's showing off Littlest Pet Shop adventures for the Wii and DS. EA goes from Inferno to "cute, cuddly plush" pets.

2:08 PM
"2008 EA got back on the map with 16 games rated 80 or higher". Is that metacritic? 

2:06 PM
I wonder if the Sims dudes are at all scared about the Milo stuff from Lionhead. I still can't get into these games, but they are definitely looking fairly impressive.

2:05 PM
First jeans and blazer look for the night. Some mom jeans going on though. In comes some gameplay for Sims 3.

2:04 PM
No game is complete without a bearded antagonist. I hope the game is better then the snorefest the book is :D

2:03 PM
Ok, let's get it on. Looks like some Dante's Inferno action to start stuff up. I swear this game might as well be God of War 3.

2:02 PM
How does everyone think Brutal Legend will turn out?

2:00 PM
Apparently it's PM, not AM right now. Silly Dave.

1:57 PM
I'm hoping we'll see some Old Republic action in this event.

1:55 PM
I have attached the old school logo to this story to set it off on the proper foot.

1:54 PM
Ok, let's get this thing rolling. What are everyones predictions? 
#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
3:15 PM
EA closes off. My thoughts? EA is gonna bring in some serious cash this year. Now that they've got BioWare with them they've got some AAA games.

3:14 PM
Still I'm a little worried for a Star Wars MMO after galaxies. It's just hard creating a class based system when everyone wants to be a jedi.

3:13 PM
Between this, Dragon Age and and Mass Effect 2 EA sure has a lot on its plate.

3:12 PM
Oh snap, Jedi vs. Sith battle. Massive amounts of sabers being swung.

Cinematic seems pretty cool. It's a sith lord taking on a whole set of dudes. Looks like we've got some Jedi and Bounty Hunters as well.

"4th pillar or story to MMO genre". Cinematic trailer being shown.

3:10 PM
Full voice-over game. No text. Pretty intense, though will that mean I can't skip horrible quest descriptions?

3:09 PM
BioWare and LucasArts execs talking up Old Republic. "Story driven"

3:08 PM
There are a shit load of fake jedis on the stage.

3:07 PM
Fuck yes. Old republic?

There's shooting and driving. Looks real time? You are either a good guy or a bad guy. I'm still terribly confused.

Looks kinda story driven. Wonder how they work in the MMO aspects. Kinda confused about what this actually is.

The character customization and modeling in APB looks pretty sweet. Best yet?

New IP from Real Time Worlds. All Points Bulletin is their new mmo? 100 players in a live world where they must achieve fame and fortune.

That was quick. They're not showing much from it. No gameplay.

Crysis 2 will be on 360, PS3 and PC. Simultaneous launches.

3:04 PM
Thickly accented CEO of Cytek shows up to talk about Crysis 2.

3:02 PM
It involves Tim controlling Jack Black through an x360 controller. SOme more gameplay footage. Looks like there are some racing sequences in the game.

3:00 PM
2600 lines of dialog for Jack Black. Video message from him running now. It's part 2 to that earlier trailer.

2:59 PM
Apparently there is a "sacred beer tree" in Brutal Legend.

2:58 PM
New Brutal Legend trailer is up. Looks awesomely goofy. Battling lots of druids and metallic spiders. That seems about right.

2:57 PM
Tim just comes off as damned authetic. I love how he's a little nervous. This guy loves his job. OZZY!

2:56 PM
Dude, Lita Ford! Yumm.

2:55 PM
I love that the villains in Brutal Legend are built from real rockers. This game is gonna be sweet.

2:54 PM
Schaffer, if I made a list of people I wanted to meet when I was 14, I got to meet them making this game.

2:53 PM
Tom Schaffer is up to show off Brutal Legend. Nice.

2:52 PM
The open world naure of this game kinda reminds me of InFAMOUS. Except with more brothels. 

2:51 PM
Definitely looks better then Velvet Aassassin

2:50 PM
NM, looks like we've got some gameplay. i LOVE the desaturated environment with super saturated color in certain spots. 

I'd really like to see some real gameplay from this one. The titling kind of reminds me of Valkyrie.

It's the pandemic guys. We had an interview with them last week. Check it out. The saboteur is on display. Really looking forward to this one.

2:48 PM
Peter Moore is wrapping up. I love that dude. He wins best Exec award.

2:47 PM
He's dyed his hair on top to hide it. Just shave it like Agassi did. That's how you go classy. Back to the games. Grand Slam looks pretty fun. Definitely a bit more nuanced then previous Wii tennis offerings.

2:46 PM
Look, it's Sampras. And he's bald too! That's 3 of um.

2:45 PM
I like the hardcore tennis stance these two are getting into. Peter Moore always looks like he's having so much fun.

2:44 PM
Two bald men are playing sports right now. This is realistic.

2:43 PM
Grand Slam Tennis is up next. I really hope there are some motion controls for McEntroe's anger.

2:42 PM
EA Active sold 600k in 2 weeks. That's a huge launch.

2:41 PM
Busy Mom's don't have time to work out like they used to. That's right Peter Moore.

2:40 PM
Nothing like introducing a woman by broadcasting her body size. Sheesh.

2:39 PM
Oh, off the couch and standing in front of the TV. I gotcha. This fitness stuff is killing in sales though. I wonder how well this stuff works. Anyone messed with it?

EA Sports Active "get people off the couch". Err, ok.

Looks pretty comprehensive. Has iPhone support, message boards and full web connectivity.  Yeah, it's just Madden, but it's still madden.

Madden 10 online franchise. Online drafts with 30 friends. 

Team Builder is available today 1 month before the game is released. Neat.

2:36 PM
Team Builder in NCAA football allows you to add logos and teams. My guess is this is their way to battle the suit brought against them from NCAA players.

2:34 PM
500k games played online with FIFA.

2:33 PM
Peter Moore joked about an MMA tattoo. "My wife would kill me".

2:32 PM
EA "gets into the cage" with EA Sports Mixed Martial Arts.

2:31 PM
Ryan just IMed. He's gonna upload some MS press conference photos he took here in a bit. I wonder if we'll see a trashcan.

Mike totally took one on the nose. Looks like he's in trouble. This game has really excellent sweat. Let's talk about the sweat engine.

Can detect the difference between glances and full hits.

Mike Tyson vs. Mohammed Ali. I'd pick Tyson, no joke.

Fight Night Round 4 is up next. Physics engine is the big thing Moore is pusing with the title.

2:28 PM
Peter Moore is up. I wanna see a new tattoo!

2:27 PM
EA Sports goes with the operetta options for their music. Classy.

2:26 PM
BioWare is all about the Heavy Metal. Mass Effect 2 looks pretty awesome, but I'm curious to know if they made they actual shooting a little less clunky. Looks like your've got some zoom effect weapons though.

2:25 PM
Gameplay being shown for Mass Effect 2. Looks a whole lot darker with musical undertones that are all kinds of moody.

2:24 PM
Quick trivia. Name the game that BioWare only worked on the sequel property?

2:23 PM
Mass Effect 2 is up next.

2:22 PM
Oh, there's Marylyn. I don't mind it. This game looks fucking brutal. So excited. Looks like a really mature storyline. Still. They aren't showing a whole lot of gameplay from this game. Has me a little worried.

2:21 PM
OK time to pretend like I'm a fanboy. IM SO PUMPED FOR DRAGON AGE. I HOPE THE STORY IZ GUD!

2:20 PM
Looks like BioWare ditched the Marylyn Manson for NiN. Good move.

2:19 PM
Competition at the SHIFT booth for a BMW you can drive away for. Dragon Age is up next.

2:18 PM
I love the blur effect that happens in the cockpit so that it forces you to focus on the road.

2:17 PM
Poor Patrick, so far he's the most awkward presenter of the day. Still, I'm really looking forward to SHIFT. It looks a lot like Codemasters' GRID series.

2:16 PM
"Driver Profile" is the term for what I like to call the badass cockpit. Oh man, that had to start the video over. This one is going horrible.

2:15 PM
Patrik tells me he's excited about NFS Shift, but he sure doesn't emote it. "Redefines the racing experience".

2:14 PM
This totally reminds me of Teen Girl Squad from Homestar Runner. Cheerleader... The Ugly One! Scattered applause from the audience.

2:13 PM
Look at those girls shake those remotes! How come this stuff isn't on Natal?

2:12 PM
"Games for Girls" is the new studio. We've got some little tykes on stage with a women who has a whole lot of hair. Apparently you get to run the most awesome pajama party. Let's tease our hair... ZOMGZ!

2:11 PM
All kidding aside, if I were a girl I'd totally love Littlest Pet Shop. It's smart to get the kids addicted to consumerism early.

2:10 PM
It's the EA logo in PINK. Oh man. You crazy EA.

2:09 PM
Chip Lang seems pretty conformable on stage. Maybe it's the undone button up shirt. Sorry, I'm obsessed with execu-wear. He's showing off Littlest Pet Shop adventures for the Wii and DS. EA goes from Inferno to "cute, cuddly plush" pets.

2:08 PM
"2008 EA got back on the map with 16 games rated 80 or higher". Is that metacritic? 

2:06 PM
I wonder if the Sims dudes are at all scared about the Milo stuff from Lionhead. I still can't get into these games, but they are definitely looking fairly impressive.

2:05 PM
First jeans and blazer look for the night. Some mom jeans going on though. In comes some gameplay for Sims 3.

2:04 PM
No game is complete without a bearded antagonist. I hope the game is better then the snorefest the book is :D

2:03 PM
Ok, let's get it on. Looks like some Dante's Inferno action to start stuff up. I swear this game might as well be God of War 3.

2:02 PM
How does everyone think Brutal Legend will turn out?

2:00 PM
Apparently it's PM, not AM right now. Silly Dave.

1:57 PM
I'm hoping we'll see some Old Republic action in this event.

1:55 PM
I have attached the old school logo to this story to set it off on the proper foot.

1:54 PM
Ok, let's get this thing rolling. What are everyones predictions? 
#2 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

Skate 3, but I doubt it.

#3 Posted by Porridgelad (90 posts) -

EA are bringing WoW to all gaming consoles, that is my E3 prediction to the day i die .... okay maybe its a bit far fetched ....

#4 Posted by Porridgelad (90 posts) -

might expect some Spore crazyness, game play of bad company maybe

#5 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

more need for speed obviously. WTF!

#6 Posted by deadly_polo (471 posts) -

hopefully some FIFA and a new battlefield

#7 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6155 posts) -

I'm definitely hoping for more information on The Old Republic.  That's looking like a hell of a cool MMORPG.

#8 Posted by johndubya (25 posts) -

Sims 3 for consoles!!!!!

#9 Posted by SunKing (686 posts) -

Does anybody know of a stable vid stream?

#10 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

All I care about is Mass Effect 2.

#11 Edited by Blue (92 posts) -

Mass Effect come on!

#12 Posted by Duh_ave (94 posts) -

Mass effect 2 is a must show, having it missing at the microsoft press conference was crazy.
A lot of the microsoft press conference was crazy.

#13 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -

Some Mass Effect 2 hopefully.

#14 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 please. :)

#15 Edited by Renegade (374 posts) -

Mirrors Edge 2, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2 (not extraction, more me hoping for this than thinking it will be announced), and maybe a new game that isn't a sequel?

#16 Posted by Crono11 (1645 posts) -

I think that Brutal Legend is going to look like a Tim Schafer game, which means it'll be awesome.....and hopefully people buy it.

#17 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

I want some Brutal Leend gamplay. I'm not really interested in Dante's Inferno, it doesn't look that interesting. Just a God of War clone. Maybe they will show something that will blow my mind though...

#18 Posted by SunKing (686 posts) -

lol, "Go to Hell" :P

#19 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

Why bother making Dante's Inferno with God of War 3 coming out? :P

#20 Posted by Blue (92 posts) -

Hahaha nice tagline "Go To Hell"

#21 Posted by Kalisynth (22 posts) -

I am afraid brutal legend will turn out like Jack Black, loud and energetic but with little to no substance.

#22 Posted by TheKing (830 posts) -

For all the yang people talked about Dantes Inferno it doesn't look half bad.

#23 Edited by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

When will they announce the Sims MMO?

#24 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -
SunKing said:
Does anybody know of a stable vid stream?

Would love to know, too.

#25 Posted by Blue (92 posts) -

I'am not sold on Brutal Legend......yet

#26 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

brutal legends = crap

#27 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -

They tried a sims MMO already, it was not so good.

#28 Posted by EpicVandal (76 posts) -

dave you ARE the bearded antagonist

#29 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

Littlest petshop :( Off to a slow start.

#30 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

Can't wait for Mass Effect 2 and The Old Republic.

#31 Edited by SunKing (686 posts) -

Gamespot is working for me now: http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/

Very stable and clear.

And also, yay, Little Pet Shop Online :P

#32 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

I'm gonna go on Littlest Petshop Online and pick up 9 year old girls.

#33 Posted by TheToecutter (125 posts) -

GURLZ LIEKZ DA ANIMALS LOLOLOL!!!!12!1

#34 Posted by Binman88 (3686 posts) -

Littlest Petshop? What the fuck.
How can this guy talk seriously about a game like this.

#35 Posted by Blue (92 posts) -

Jeez Its the microsoft press conference all over again

#36 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (479 posts) -

Why is this dude saying 'girls' so much? Am I, as a male, not allowed to play Littlest PetShop?

#37 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

Littlest pet shop, Just what im looking forward to!

#38 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

@SunKing:

Cheers!

#39 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -
Guerrilla_Mason said:
Why is this dude saying 'girls' so much? Am I, as a male, not allowed to play Littlest PetShop?
No.
#40 Posted by Wyre (24 posts) -

Littlest Pet Show Friends = GOTY

Are 7 year old girls at E3? I understand the appeal of the game... for kids, but that's not who came to E3 to see EA's stuff.

#41 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

Question of the Week: Which of the little girls is hottest? GO!!!!!1

#42 Posted by Puppy (295 posts) -

Hmmm. So this is live, eh? Neat. Uhm yeah, TOR; though I'm pretty peeved at Bioware for jumping ship from the real KOTOR.

Let's see some of that Dragon Age: Origins....sans death metal.

#43 Posted by Blue (92 posts) -

man this is brutal.

#44 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

Yay, a Littlest Pet Shop trailer. I'm so glad the stream on G4 is working for this.

Charm Girls Club! Games for girls! EWWWWWWW. barf.

#45 Posted by TheToecutter (125 posts) -

The title Littlest is teaching kids bad grammar.

#46 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

WOO PAJAMA PARTY FTW!!!!!

#47 Posted by Legendary (136 posts) -

Are games sexist?

#48 Edited by Renegade (374 posts) -

What the hell? Games for girls? What? WHAT?! Oh lord...This seems insulting to girls who play games everywhere, and it has hints of sexism.

#49 Posted by Insectecutor (1186 posts) -

How can anything this appalling exist? VOMIT.

#50 Posted by Crispy (212 posts) -

This is some disgusting sexist shit. Can't stand watching it.

Funny as hell hearing the people applauding and her nervous laughter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.