dsplayer1010's Elite Beat Agents (Nintendo DS) review

Elite Beat Agents Review

At first I didn't get what all the hype was about. "So what, it's tapping circles," I often said to myself. Then it won DS game of the year here at Gamespot and IGN, I decided to check it out. So I went to Gamespot to and downloaded the demo. I was immediatley addicted. After I downloaded the demo again and again over the next two months ( i waited so long because I was playing my Wii,) then I finally bought it.

As i said before, the gameplay is basically tapping. When the big circle gets around the smaller circle. Another thing is that sometimes you have to slide the marker along a path, and sometimes back. The last move is the spin marker. With that you basically just spin the wheel fast. The bad part is the gameplay has really, really scratched up my touch screen.

The sound is great, even coming out of the DS's speakers, (not that they are bad.) The soundtrack is pretty good too. It has some really good songs like "The Anthem," "Jumpin' Jack Flash," and "No Difference." But some either aren't that good, or feel really out of place. Like "Material Girl," and "You're The Inspiration" respectively. Along with each song comes a crazy story done in manga. And when I say crazy, I mean it. One is a white blood-cell fighting the flu, one is lost dog trying to get home, and there is even one about a guy looking buried treasure in the ocean. The story with "You're The Inspiration" might be depressing might be depressing for some, like me. It has even been known to make some people cry, not me though.

In conclusion, Elite Beat Agents definately lives up to the hype. i highly reccomend it.