Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Endless Ocean: Blue World

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 22, 2010

The Nintendo Wii-exclusive sequel to Endless Ocean; an aquatic simulator based on real-life scuba diving.

Endless Ocean 2 Reviews

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

I can't paste content properly anymore, for some reason... Here's a dodgy html insert paste... But first, some stuff to make the thread pretttier:

And my review: buy this game. If you liked the first, this is bigger, better, more compelling and more beautiful. If you didn't like the first, GTFO.
    I have to say, some of these reviewers completely missed the point, and likely didn't go far enough to experience the variety and additional mechanics that make it a more compelling experience than the first game, especially for people who considered it a little too simplistic in concept and execution.

What The Critics Said

1UP

Blue World is a great sequel: There's lots more to see and do, with refinements all around, from graphics to gameplay.

Read Full Review >

Digital Chumps

Although Endless Ocean: Blue World undeniably deviates from the typical definition of a “game”, that doesn’t mean that gamers cannot enjoy it. The massive assortment of collectible treasures and shockingly expansive game environments will appeal to any chronic completionist, and the storyline is actually quite captivating.

Read Full Review >

NintendoWorldReport

For anyone with an affinity for sea life and an appreciation of gaming at a slower pace, Endless Ocean: Blue World is a must purchase - especially since it's hitting stores for a low initial MSRP of $29.99. Regardless, Endless Ocean: Blue World is a great game rife with content, and it's a steal at any price.

Read Full Review >

N-Europe

One of Wii’s deepest, most surprisingly enjoyable games.

Read Full Review >

Worth Playing

Overall, Endless Ocean 2: Blue World is a huge step in the right direction for the series, and developer Arika has pulled out all the stops to make this a heck of a sequel

Read Full Review >

Cubed3

Arika has taken the core of the first Endless Ocean and developed the idea for Adventures of the Deep so considerably that it has easily become one of the exemplar products on Wii, full stop.

Read Full Review >

3DJuegos

A relaxing, beautiful and well done underwater adventure.

Read Full Review >

NGamer UK

A relaxing underwater adventure that teaches you about fish and shows you how to battle sharks for their buried treasure. [Feb 2010, p.62]

Nintendo Life

Essentially, you’re getting a lot more game for your money with Endless Ocean 2; it’s less free-form and meandering than the original, with greater purpose and direction. Whether that’s what you want from a diving game is up to you, although truth be told there’s few other alternatives.

Read Full Review >

IGN UK

With a greater emphasis on structured gameplay elements, and the continued freedom to go off and explore to your heart's content, Arika has ensured that Endless Ocean 2 is a much more rounded experience without ever compromising its unique qualities.

Read Full Review >

Telegraph

Its good-natured feel and simple controls make it ideal for families, and though some of the wonder of discovering a new species will be lost on those who played the original, there’s plenty of new content to keep everyone occupied.

Read Full Review >

GameSpot

This underwater adventure is beautiful, enchanting, and a big improvement over the original.

Read Full Review >

GameDaily

If you never got into the first game, then you'll probably skip this Ocean in favor of faster-moving waters. However, if you don't mind playing something with a laid-back pace, a gorgeous presentation, a strong co-op multiplayer component and lots of discovery, strap on the diving gear and enjoy this brand new world.

Read Full Review >

Games Master UK

Slightly dumbed down in the name of accessibility, but packed with aquatic goodness. [Apr 2010, p.67]

Destructoid

As a self-proclaimed non-game, Endless Ocean: Blue World is a charming diversion and comes recommended to anyone looking for something unlike anything else out there.

Read Full Review >

Multiplayer.it

Endless Ocean 2 is a step forward for the series: this time there is a nice plot and a real ending to achieve, but the game doesn't lose its fundamental relaxing and fascinating nature. While it may be still too slow for some, Endless Ocean 2 will surely appeal to much more gamers this time around.

Read Full Review >

Meristation

If you want to go under water and have some fun watching the animal life that you can find in there, Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep offers plenty of what you’re looking for. A relaxing, beautiful and very well done adventure that’s able to improve almost every aspect of the original, though it’s not enough to became the greatest undersea adventure of all times.

Read Full Review >

9Lives

Adding a storyline was an attempt to meet the requirements of the action-oriented gamers. The essence is still reconnaissance of the ocean though. Varied locations, new objects, improved graphics and the possibility to go on land, give Endless Ocean 2 plenty of innovation compared to its predecessor. If you are not looking for a challenge, but if you merely want to study sea life, then this is the perfect to dream away on after a long and stressful day.

Read Full Review >

Nintendo Power

A significant step up from its predecessor. [Mar 2010, p.89]

InsideGamer.nl

Endless Ocean 2 is the perfect game to kick back and relax with on the Wii.

Read Full Review >

Official Nintendo Magazine UK

Succeeds in offering something genuinely different, but it's still snooze-inducing.

Read Full Review >

Play.tm

It's definitely worth a look, if only to have something on the shelf that's gently mesmerising and a very nice break from the norm.

Read Full Review >

GamesNation

Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep offers a unique and rather original game experience. Pity, though, it is way too similar to its predecessor.

Read Full Review >

Eurogamer

It's a genuinely peaceful and relaxing experience, with a wonderfully becalmed atmosphere, subdued beauty, and an earnest, innocent attitude - all of them rare properties in games.

Read Full Review >

VideoGamer

If you like the idea of generally not doing much, exploring and looking at lots of sea creatures, dive in. If the idea of shooting a gun at a fish to heal it and not blow its face off sounds bizarre, avoid.

Read Full Review >

Teletext GameCentral

The scuba diving sim isn't a crowded genre but this makes a good effort to dominate it all the same.

Read Full Review >

NZGamer

I'd say it was a pleasant experience, but forgettable.

Read Full Review >

Gameplayer Sweden

While it's apparent that Arika doesn't know how to deliver a good story, you could argue that the story does help to relieve the past chore of progressing the gameplay. And while the added action is pathetic, the hypnotic exploring is as addictive as ever. Truly gorgeous, while under water, and ridiculously meaty content wise. A case of split personalities, indeed, but nevertheless a solid experience which will please fans of the series.

Read Full Review >

Gamer.nl

Playing Endless Ocean 2 is like taking a nice warm bath. It isn’t really an effective manner to freshen up, but it relaxes intensively. Not everybody will be able to appreciate this game soaked in Japanese gameplay elements, but Endless Ocean 2 offers a beautiful world to explore. Anyone who ever wanted to discover the secrets of the ocean from his couch can buy this game without any hesitation.

Read Full Review >

Level7.nu

If you're in the market for an easy going adventure game free from all the stress of modern day games Endless Ocean 2 is the game for you. Although a nice change of pace this also represents one of the major flaws in this title. You're never really challenged at all and the game's plot is weak at best. If you're looking for a relaxing experience this is the game for you, everyone else would do best to pass this one by.

Read Full Review >

IGN

I appreciate what the game does and how well the game does it, but the overarching concept just never resonated with me with the same impact it had on other reviewers.

Read Full Review >

For more pretty stuff, check this thread, or the official websites. The title is different for Europe as you'll notice it's called Adventures of the Deep.
    TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TinaWood

Wooo!. I can't wait to pick up a copy myself and get online with my friends. 

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Alex_V

I thought the original game was generally completely misinterpreted by many reviewers. Instead of accepting that it succeeded or failed on its own terms, they seemed to generally criticise it for not being a different game. I'm expecting the reviews for the sequel to run along very similar lines.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

Oh man, stop it. There are already 5 or 6 games I'm playing atm. : /

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

What areas did it take a step back in (other than the lack of custom music support)? Some things are done differently for seemingly no reason, so it can be a little jarring if you expect things to work like the first game, yet they don't, but they're not really worse in the end, and tend to fit the new game more. At first I thought it's worse in that it forced you forward to accomodate the storyline but after a bit it's just as open as the first, and you can do everything at your own pace, while the side missions are more varied and sometimes have their own story strings. The upgrades are more numerous and do more than merely change your appearance, while there are various ways to earn points to purchase them with. It's a lot more fleshed out for people who want purpose and reward in game terms yet just as open and relaxed as the first for those who enjoyed it. The biggest thing for me, is how much more (and mostly better made, with few exceptions) fish and stuff it tends to throw on screen. The first seems empty now. It's up for 30 pounds on Amazon UK, possibly cheaper elsewhere.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

I'm looking forward to it. It comes out at the end of this month in NA. I can't wait to relax and learn. The whole experience will be new for me, having never played the first game.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Q&A with the director of the game. I can't say they asked anything really interesting though. Most of the things you probably already know even if you haven't played it yet. They should have asked what they think of the reception so far and if they plan more games like it and what not... Or stuff about the development process. Instead they just asked questions about the game's specific mechanics, like they're not gonna describe them all over again in their review.

I've finished the main story, it took me over 13 hours. I didn't deviate from it too much (only some), and there are tons of things left to do. There are some post-story goals given as well, aside from the pre-existing side missions and stuff. I wish I could share photos but it doesn't seem to recognise my SD.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: IDK if you know my preferences too well, but I am kinda on the fence about this one, especially since I have a shortage of cash... persuade me.
    TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TinaWood
    @Claude said:
    " I'm looking forward to it. It comes out at the end of this month in NA. I can't wait to relax and learn. The whole experience will be new for me, having never played the first game. "

Oh you'll love it, it really is a great way to unwind. 
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By c1337us

I just found a copy of the first game second hand. I havent played it yet, but I'll probably stick with that. I don't need two Endless Oceans.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

Some (crappy) photos by me. I added some more reviews in the OP earlier.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Willy105

Dory looks scary in this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.