killed by Grenade Launcher!!

#1 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

I play this game alot.  I really like how balanced the game is due to the different ways its possible to play each level.  The weapons all have there pros and cons which makes for interesting battles. 
However;
One thing I really dont like is the Grenade Launcher.  There is no time to avoid the grenade, and even if you do kill the shooter with some headshots you still die from the explosion!  Everytime i die from being sniped, naded (hand thrown), air striked stabbed or just plain old shot in the damn face, I die knowing the other player kicked my ass so i deserved it.  Yet when i die from someone touting a grenade launcher i feel unbelievably sour about it. 

Can someone provide the counter argument for grenade launchers?  I think they are noob weapons, however thats just my opinion.

#2 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
Stevokenevo said:
"I play this game alot.  I really like how balanced the game is due to the different ways its possible to play each level.  The weapons all have there pros and cons which makes for interesting battles. 
However;
One thing I really dont like is the Grenade Launcher.  There is no time to avoid the grenade, and even if you do kill the shooter with some headshots you still die from the explosion!  Everytime i die from being sniped, naded (hand thrown), air striked stabbed or just plain old shot in the damn face, I die knowing the other player kicked my ass so i deserved it.  Yet when i die from someone touting a grenade launcher i feel unbelievably sour about it. 

Can someone provide the counter argument for grenade launchers?  I think they are noob weapons, however thats just my opinion."
I think if they were less accurate it would be balanced. And im not a big fan of them either.
#3 Posted by DanneDanger (9 posts) -

Yeah they're pretty bad, and the only weapon that I really have a problem (as in: game would be better without it) with as well. Mostly people only use it to go in and spam 8 nades and hope that they get one frag before they respawn and repeat, total noob-cannon (in lack of a better word).

Could probably be fixed somewhat by having them not explode on impact with a player, since that gives you no chance of survival.

^ Accuracy is not really an issue since most players who use them generally aren't good shots anyhow (there's no way an experienced player would trade the scope for the launcher), when they do get you it's either because they launch it from 1m and go out with you or they run in and get a lucky random shot, both of which are equally annoying.

#4 Posted by pause422 (6216 posts) -

Yeah they are quite retarded like that...but I don't know how many other games if I thought about it I could count that have the same problem with grenade launchers, so I kinda just got to accepting it.

secondly- I hope you're playing this game on the PC, console versions are fucking pathetic.

#5 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

^ pc all the way.  Ive never had chance to play the console versions and from what ive heard im glad.  nothing at all good has been said of them.

btw; try throwing strogg grenades at the orange defense shields around the base....new kind of grenade launcher!  never managed to kill anyone in that way however....

#6 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

We all ought to meet up and have aginat bomb quake wars pc night :D

#7 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

i was thinking that but didnt know how many people on here would be interested.  a bombing run of ET:QW would be awesome.

#8 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Deffo - one condition tho - NO DRONES xD

#9 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

haha....well if youre ever online (anyone from gb for that matter) i'll be around the OCB / OH My Strogg servers,  same user name.

#10 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Sweet - ill leap on over the weekend :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.