Punk Buster is AWFUL

#1 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

Hello,

I recently bought this game for $5 at a bestbuy with no real expectations, and I have to admit that after playing it for a bit it is quite good.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM THOUGH: Punk buster is god damn awful.

I have to assume after awhile id didn't want to pay the punkbuster people anymore, so all support for PB has been dropped for ETQW.

BUT here's the kicker, without the non existent PB files on my comp (which you can not get from PB anymore remember) you can not play online for more than 3 minutes without then getting kicked.

So I ask you, the community, does anyone out there know where I can get these files? I have searched for a couple of hours without any success, and admittedly I'm thinking of just uninstalling the game to avoid this bull.

But I thought I would make one last attempt at making it work.

Anyways that all, if anyone knows please and thanks :)

-Matt

#2 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

In other news: George W. Bush has been elected President of the United States!

Kidding :P But yeah, punkbuster really, really blows ass. Always has and probably always will.

Er, nevermind, didn't fully read your post. I guess just keep doing a google search for them.

#3 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

@xobballox: Tried that first, they don't support the game anymore >X/

So no files there.

#4 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@G0rd0nFr33m4n: Yeah, that was my bad, didn't read your post fully, sorry about that.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#6 Posted by Swoxx (3006 posts) -

I never have any problems with punk buster.

#7 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

The great thing about Punk Buster is that it didn't get any better between ETQW and BF3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.