Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Energy Drinks

Object » linked to 46 games

Usually caffeine-filled, these provide the protagonist with a boost of some sort, such as an increase in stamina.

24: The Energy Drink, only £0.29.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By FlipperDesert

So I was in town helping my little brother shop ("Dude, just get Dead Space." "Is it like zombies or something?" "... Look, we go through this every time, just get Dead Space before I start cutting your fingers off." "Yeah, maybe tomorrow or something.") when, suddenly, I realised I hadn't drunk anything but half a pot of coffee throughout the entire day. Instead of doing the smart thing and going home, having a glass of water and lying the fuck down, I decided to have more energy! But I didn't just get any drink, mind you.

We went to a cheap food store, with promises of an energy drink for just 29 pence (according to a moon money converter on the internet, that's the equivalent of 40 cents), it turns out that it's covered in 24 branding.

In case you're wondering, the diet one is on the left. I'd have gone with the full experience if Farmfoods stocked it.
    In case you're wondering, the diet one is on the left. I'd have gone with the full experience if Farmfoods stocked it.
    "24 the Series Diet

Be your own action hero...

When the clock is ticking, revive and conquer Jack Bauer Style
    You can pack a lot of action into 24 hours...
    Every second counts...
    "

Now, at first, I was worried. Actually, the whole experience has been kind of harrowing. Could this drink successfully replicate the extreme lifestyle of Jack "Damn it!" Bauer in liquid form? Could I even handle such an intense experience?

The first thing to test was smell, and frankly, this is the first time I haven't exaggerated when I've said something smells like an odd mix between a cleaning product and some burned sugar. My and my brother have differing opinions on the colour, I think it looks like lemon-lime, whereas he opted with the phrase "neon piss". Charming, huh?

In terms of flavour, it also tastes like something I could kill germs with. No, really. I have a headache from drinking this stuff and I think my nose is bleeding as I can smell blood. Every sip of it is like a punch to the face in liquid form. I actually kinda feel like I'm gonna die any second.

So yes, I'd say it successfully replicates the intense experience of 24 which has you gripping the edge of your seat. Except I really am gripping the edge of my seat, and I can't stop tapping my feet to a rhythm in my head. At the least it was extremely cheap and I had a legitimate excuse to yell "Every second counts!" in public.

What's the best/strangest branded drink you've found? And can someone please call a doctor?
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FlipperDesert

So I was in town helping my little brother shop ("Dude, just get Dead Space." "Is it like zombies or something?" "... Look, we go through this every time, just get Dead Space before I start cutting your fingers off." "Yeah, maybe tomorrow or something.") when, suddenly, I realised I hadn't drunk anything but half a pot of coffee throughout the entire day. Instead of doing the smart thing and going home, having a glass of water and lying the fuck down, I decided to have more energy! But I didn't just get any drink, mind you.

We went to a cheap food store, with promises of an energy drink for just 29 pence (according to a moon money converter on the internet, that's the equivalent of 40 cents), it turns out that it's covered in 24 branding.

"24 the Series Diet

Be your own action hero...

When the clock is ticking, revive and conquer Jack Bauer Style
    You can pack a lot of action into 24 hours...
    Every second counts...
    "

Now, at first, I was worried. Actually, the whole experience has been kind of harrowing. Could this drink successfully replicate the extreme lifestyle of Jack "Damn it!" Bauer in liquid form? Could I even handle such an intense experience?

The first thing to test was smell, and frankly, this is the first time I haven't exaggerated when I've said something smells like an odd mix between a cleaning product and some burned sugar. My and my brother have differing opinions on the colour, I think it looks like lemon-lime, whereas he opted with the phrase "neon piss". Charming, huh?

In terms of flavour, it also tastes like something I could kill germs with. No, really. I have a headache from drinking this stuff and I think my nose is bleeding as I can smell blood. Every sip of it is like a punch to the face in liquid form. I actually kinda feel like I'm gonna die any second.

So yes, I'd say it successfully replicates the intense experience of 24 which has you gripping the edge of your seat. Except I really am gripping the edge of my seat, and I can't stop tapping my feet to a rhythm in my head. At the least it was extremely cheap and I had a legitimate excuse to yell "Every second counts!" in public.

What's the best/strangest branded drink you've found? And can someone please call a doctor?
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I've had those before. If I remember correctly it's basically tastes like a red bull rip off.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By killdave

Gotta admit the marketing is good though... 24, this is the longest day of my life xD

>>> off to farmfoods >>>

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Endogene
    LordAndrew said:
    ""
    O wow, persona 4?
    Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Lashe

24:  The Energy Drink -- I had one of them before a 12 hr long Christmas Ball back at uni last year. Kept me awake enough to interrogate Santa before the end of the Ball ;]

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FlipperDesert
    Endogene said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    ""
    O wow, persona 4?"
    I'd guess it's 3, 4 has yellow menus in the endurance run but it's the same style. I haven't actually played either game, though. :p And it is far too sour to be a Red Bull copy, you can really taste the citrus. Really taste it.

Thanks for the comments guys, is it bad that the instant I saw the branding I thought "GiantBomb needs to know!"?
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
    Endogene said:
    "O wow, persona 4?"
    Persona 3. You'll notice that the menu is blue instead of yellow, and that you can see the item description without having to press a button.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.