Am currently playing through this game

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3724 posts) -

I bought five games at Futureshop this week, some of them at low price. Enslaved was $20, Dark Void 10$ (I noticed afterwards they charged me 15$, those fuckers), Nier $25 and The Sly Collection $30. I also bought Crysis 2 for $60.

I am currently playing through Enslaved on hard (not-so-hard, really) and I am really liking it! The characters are just great and the facial animations are just unmatched. Like Brad said, Heavy Rain could have used a page out of this game. I am most definitely going to buy the DLC once I'm done (and once PSN is back...). I heard the story only gets better and better, so I am really looking forward to seeing the ending of this game.

I will just into Dark Void after this game, as I remember Jeff saying how great the characters and the soundtrack was.
#2 Posted by spankingaddict (2670 posts) -

Awesome! That's a fantastic game. I heard a lot a people didn't like the ending. Not sure why. It was a fine way to end it...

#3 Posted by NTM (7374 posts) -

Yeah, I'd love to play that game! I just haven't yet because there has been so many other games to get. I've watched the intro and it looks appropriately cinematic with the great camera views that show the scope of the environments, and the intense soundtrack.
#4 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -

I didn't care for much of the gameplay in Enslaved, but the story was worth seeing to the end.  I dunno why you bought Crysis 2 for full price, shop around bro =x

#5 Posted by AuthenticM (3724 posts) -

I finished the game the other night. I really liked the game! Some people seem to claim that the gameplay is shallow; while I get what they are saying, I personally thought it was just fine. The graphics are beautiful and the face animations marvelous. The relationship between Trip and Monkey was really believable and much more... organic (for a lack of a better word) than what is found in other games. However, I will say that the ending is bullshit, not mentioning plot discrepancies.

#6 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

I've played about an hour or so and while I like the characters and writing, I just wish it was more of that. I don't want to play it at all since the gameplay part is so fucking monotonous and boring for me. I can't see myself finishing this game, but I'd love to see all the cutscenes and stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.