Does Enslaved have a slow start?

#1 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

I'm only a few hours in and nothing is particularly jumping out at me. Does it get more interesting?

#2 Posted by TimFReilly (98 posts) -

If you don't like it after 3-4 hours, you won't find anything particularly new after that. Besides the bananas ending...

#3 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2481 posts) -

You could try bumping up the difficulty level, some of that combat stuff gets real tricky on hard especially depending on how you've upgraded Monkey.

#4 Posted by Kazona (3060 posts) -

Nope. How it starts out is pretty much how it's gonna be throughout the entire game.

#5 Posted by Polydeukes (98 posts) -

@Lydian_Sel said:

You could try bumping up the difficulty level, some of that combat stuff gets real tricky on hard especially depending on how you've upgraded Monkey.

From memory, you have to restart from the beginning of the game if you want to change the difficulty.

#6 Posted by Marokai (2823 posts) -

Yeah; pretty much what everyone else is saying. If you're still not very into it after a few hours you're never really going to be. Enslaved goes at a pretty slow and steady pace trying to build up to something that isn't particularly good in the end anyway, and also also fairly predictable IMO. It's fine, I suppose, but I can't see what so many people really find exceptional about it.

#7 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

The opposite, I'd say. It has a CRAZY START. Then as soon as you land on the ground, it's kind of methodical for the rest of the game. But I loved it.

#8 Posted by theodacourt (520 posts) -

The combat and formula of gameplay never changes really, and the hardest difficult is challenging, but not that hard. I think once Trip and Monkey are together it is a slow burn, but you end up loving the story the more time you give it I think. If you've reached the section where you cross a longish bridge section, give it another hour and if you don't like it then I'd stop.

#9 Posted by lord_canti (1504 posts) -

doesn't that game start off with you in a out of control plane crashing through a city and falling into a jungle....really slow pace

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.