Enslaved did not save my progress (possible bug?)

#1 Edited by snorge (50 posts) -

So I got Enslaved and played it for a couple of hours. I finished chapter 7 and made sure that the game saves my progress (checkpoint, blue spinning thingy in the lower right corner). I backed out to the main menu and turned the console off. The next day I wanted to continue playing and was suprised that the game did not offer me the choice to "continue the journey". I checked my file system and the save file was there but the game wouldn't load it for some strange reasons. Also, I was not able to go into chapter select and choose the chapter were I left off. It was as if I never played that game before. So I had to start over and up until now the saving seems to work, but I am still a bit concerned, that the game will screw up my savegame once more and thus leaving me with no other option than to start a new journey - again!

My question is: did anyone else experience similar troubles with this? Any advice?

EDIT: I should add that this is related to the XBox version of the game.

#2 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -

What system are you playing on? 

I beat it a few days ago on the 360 and didn't have any issues. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing!

#3 Posted by snorge (50 posts) -

Played it on the 360 as well. Sorry, forgot to mention that in the original post. I added the information.

#4 Posted by JAVK (61 posts) -

This has happened to me. I got to chapter 4, then turned it off for the night. Now every time I try to load up the game it can't find my previous save.

Now I have to go through the opening bullshit again!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.