I finally Finished Enslaved.

Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

PS3 - Front

I think I have what is know as "Refusing to end sydrome" where I get close to the end of a game and kinda quit.

I was three chapters from the end ages ago and I should have just continued but.. i got the inkling that the end was coming so I quit, i guess I never want things to end. I did that with Okage: The shadow King and persona 3 not to mention nameless amounts of sitting at the elite four in pokemon and refusing to continue XD

I played on Normal.. not sure If I would play again on hard.. but that gold trophy.........i kinda want it.

I do know I would like a sequel, and I hope Ninja Theory can deliver with a little more polished gameplay this time is all I ask for. I know you can do it Ninja Theory! I enjoyed Enslaved and I'm glad I got it and considering how cheap it is now you all have no excuse not to pick it up.

so... do it..XD
#1 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

PS3 - Front

I think I have what is know as "Refusing to end sydrome" where I get close to the end of a game and kinda quit.

I was three chapters from the end ages ago and I should have just continued but.. i got the inkling that the end was coming so I quit, i guess I never want things to end. I did that with Okage: The shadow King and persona 3 not to mention nameless amounts of sitting at the elite four in pokemon and refusing to continue XD

I played on Normal.. not sure If I would play again on hard.. but that gold trophy.........i kinda want it.

I do know I would like a sequel, and I hope Ninja Theory can deliver with a little more polished gameplay this time is all I ask for. I know you can do it Ninja Theory! I enjoyed Enslaved and I'm glad I got it and considering how cheap it is now you all have no excuse not to pick it up.

so... do it..XD
#2 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

I actually picked Enslaved up a few weeks ago for $15, and weirdly enough I'm doing the exact same thing you did. I have 4 chapters left I think and have been putting off finishing it. I'll get back to it and Bayonetta now that I've finished Dragon Age. 

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I bought Enslaved a little while ago as well. I almost started playing it today but I figured I would try to get further in Ar Tonelico.

I used to have a similar play style as you. I almost always put down RPGs when I felt the end was coming up. I would also do that with TV shows and anime. Thankfully I don't tend to do that anymore because if I did I would never finish any of my games.

#4 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I'm the type of person who will play a game through its completion as soon as I get it no matter if I enjoy it or not. I did enjoy Enslaved, however. It's not so difficult on Hard, you get to keep your upgrades and stuff and can build on them with the new orbs you get. The only difficult part about getting all the achievements was the orbs, at the time I did it there were nobody who bothered making a comprehensive guide of all of them so I wound up replaying levels over and over. Getting the first mask was a WTF moment to me. I thought they were going to break the 4th wall in some way, but it's fine the way they handled it. Definitely excited for a sequel, but with its lackluster sales I am not really expecting it.

#5 Posted by bartok (2436 posts) -

The ending kind of made me angry and tainted the experience of what was a rather enjoyable game. 

#6 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

I thought it was a great game. 
It gave me faith for DMC

#7 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@NegativeCero:  Yeahhhh I gotta finish bayonetta too.. but I need to start finishing games and now shy off toward the end XD

@Sasran: XD I held off On Ar Tonelico so I could finish enslaved and now 999 cause i was close to the end and quit there too.. I'm a terrible person. Which means I have to bounce back into ff13 too and finish it as well...

@Bennyishere: I wish I had that determination, I kinda quit and then come back to it a year later XD There was rumor that even thought he sales were not so great that NT would be able to get the chance to make a sequel.

@kingzetta: Same here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.