My God this game is buggy

#1 Edited by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Almost done chapter 10 now and I've had numerous bugs. The sound cuts out randomly, the sound gets delayed randomly, the sound echos or loops randomly, I've gotten stuck in mid air, I've had Monkey turn invisible during cutscenes, and I've fallen through the ground at least 3 times. Am I just extremely unlucky or has anyone else experienced these things? I'm really liking the game so far aside from these annoying bugs and some pretty horrific frame rate. Twice in the past hour though the game data got corrupted and I've had to delete it and play through this incredibly tedious platforming section over and over. If it happens again, I'm going to move on to another game. If it weren't for my interest in the characters and story, I would've moved on long before this.

PS3 version, by the way. 

Edit: Aaaaand about 10 seconds after starting the game up again, I get the data corruption message. Great. I guess the question now is what game I should move on to. Vanquish or Nier?

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (7995 posts) -

Sounds like bad luck or maybe your PS3 is acting up. I played the game start to finish on PS3 and don't remember encountering a single bug. It's a pretty special game, I hope you get a chance to play it some day.

#3 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

That definitely sounds like a problem with your system.

#4 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

I played through it recently and didn't have a single bug. That data corrupiton message...maybe your disk or installation is acting up?

Edit: Played in on 360, though.

#5 Edited by Gargantuan (1881 posts) -

I don't think I've ever encountered a bug in Enslaved

Edit: 360 version

#6 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

Vanquish is a great game; Nier is not.

#7 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

I remember having a lot of problems with Trip getting stuck in mid-air, making me reload a checkpoint. Or falling through the ground, making me reload a checkpoint. It wasn't too bad; just enough to irritate me

#8 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

I had one issue with money vanishing for a few seconds, other than that everything was fine. I had the ps3 version.

@AuthenticM: I don't know what your talking about, Nier is a good game with a great storyline. Not flawless mind you.. but it's good.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (35997 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:

What the hell does that have to do with anything?
#10 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:

Sounds like bad luck or maybe your PS3 is acting up. I played the game start to finish on PS3 and don't remember encountering a single bug. It's a pretty special game, I hope you get a chance to play it some day.

this
#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
@AuthenticM said:

@Bwast said:
 Great. I guess the question now is what game I should move on to. Vanquish or Nier?
#12 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
@AuthenticM said:

It's the answer to the question in the first post.

I agree: Vanquish.
#13 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

I let my PS3 sit for a couple hours and I managed to finish the game with almost no problems. I just played through InFamous 2 a little over a week ago with no problems so I don't see how it could be my system. Whatever, time to move on to the next game. Vanquish it is!

#14 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

I remember it having some audio bugs but nothing too terrible.

#15 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

You are hell of unlucky dude. Vanquish and Nier are both absolutely amazing; you should play both, at the same time!

#16 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

I've played through on the PS3, too and I don't recall anything similar to what you've experienced.  Maybe there is something wrong with your disc.

#17 Posted by Atlas (2430 posts) -

I played Enslaved on PS3 last month; I had some sound problems during one of the chapters, and a little screen tearing, but nothing as serious as characters disappearing during cutscenes and falling through geometry. Sounds like some bad luck, or a messed up disc.

#18 Posted by marlow83 (239 posts) -

Never had a problem with it on 360

#19 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I had a problem (on 360) where mission objectives were not appearing

#20 Posted by Heltom92 (704 posts) -

Don't remember having any problems when I played it. Still don't knwo what the fuss was about this game, thought it was pretty average myself.

#21 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

Huh, I haven't played Enslaved or Nier yet, and both look quite interesting. 

I can definitely recommend Vanquish, at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.