Those Holding Out Hope for an Enslaved Sequel Might Want to Just Go Ahead and Stop Doing That

• 173 results
#151 Edited by Peanut (953 posts) -

Every time I go to a store with a bargain bin and see copies of games like Enslaved and Majin for $10, forgotten and gathering dust, I fucking hate each and every one of you more.

#152 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

@MisterDakotaJ said:

@spankingaddict said:

Ninja Theory are fantastic devs. It's a shame that their not getting there props... I was a fan of Heavenly Sword , and Enslaved is a very special game. I'm ok with it not getting a sequel , but I hope there are more games like it... like POP 2008...

Thank YOU. Jesus Christ, I smiled ear to ear all the way through POP 2008. My friends hated it just because it wasn't the prince from the previous trilogy. Those bitches.

YOUR Welcome. It's nice to see someone agree with me.

The prince from pop 08 was easily a better character then the pop trilogy prince! It was Nolan North : )

#153 Posted by infestedandy (266 posts) -

Heavenly Sword was basically a tech demo for the PS3, nothing more. The combat was clunky, the voice acting (besides Serkis) was pretty bad, and the boss fights were subpar. You also can't forget the atrocious frame-rate problems. I would look forward to a sequel since now they can probably do it better, but the first game definitely wasn't very good.

Enslaved however...

#154 Posted by SteveTabernacle (18 posts) -

Enslaved works as a fine stand alone game. I would have liked to see more, but it was wrapped up nicely enough.

#155 Posted by Dooleh (114 posts) -

good riddance to bad rubbish :)

#156 Posted by Archaen (136 posts) -

@Asurastrike said:

I bought Enslaved. It was a fun game to watch, but not to play. I also bought Heavenly Sword way back in 2007, and after 5 hours I got to the last boss and gave up in frustration. Haven't touched it since.

You must not have understood how to reflect projectile attacks, then. The last boss in Heavenly sword was not difficult.

#157 Posted by Rasnik (9 posts) -

Ouch! I feel sorry for Ninja Theory :I

#158 Posted by Lelcar (597 posts) -
@Peanut said:

Every time I go to a store with a bargain bin and see copies of games like Enslaved and Majin for $10, forgotten and gathering dust, I fucking hate each and every one of you more.

Agreed. Enslaved was fucking amazing. Everybody needs to buy it.
#159 Posted by Ersanven (91 posts) -

I really feel that Enslaved is better off as a one off. The ending while somewhat abrupt ( I think the game could have used an extra level at the end) seemed definite to me. I'm fine with this outcome.

#160 Posted by Erotolepsy (29 posts) -

No offense to Alex, but "unlikely we'll ever get one" is a phrase I'd never use in conjunction with a sequel to a film or video game property these days...

#161 Posted by gunstarhero (67 posts) -

shame i realy enjoyed the game and was looking forward to another.

#162 Posted by GeekWhenSpoken2 (48 posts) -

Oddly enough, this news has sort of dampened my interest in DMC, since I really was only looking for hints of how the studio has grown since developing Enslaved. The combat was the weakest part of the game and following DMC I imagine they could have very successfully revamped the combat for a sequel.

I still plan on supporting Ninja Theory moving forward and will buy DMC when it comes out. I'd advise anyone who's played Enslaved: OTTW and enjoyed it to also check out the DLC 'Pigsy's Perfect 10'. Who knows, with enough fan support perhaps the team can create another original title the likes of—Enslaved: OTTW, that is every bit as fun and engaging.

#163 Posted by MeatSim (10772 posts) -

Well at least the studio hasn't had to shut down.

#164 Posted by Hilts (256 posts) -

Great title Alex. I laughed out loud

#165 Posted by Boopie (191 posts) -

OK let's be realistic here Enslaved was not "great" it was good but very forgettable and the gameplay might as well have been on rails. It's no great loss if we never see those characters or that universe again.

#166 Posted by squidracerX (765 posts) -
@Peanut said:

I own both of them and Heavenly Sword and bought them for around $40 a piece when they came out! Don't be hatin' on all of us! Hahahaha. I did pick up Vanquish for like $15 at Target recently though. Still at least its not used and all that.

#167 Edited by Peanut (953 posts) -

@squidracerX: You are exempt from the hate and the Heavenly Sword purchase puts you into "likable" territory, although you do get a twinge of annoyance for holding out on Vanquish. We can't all be spending $60 on every game that comes out, though, so it's excusable.

#168 Posted by Ben99 (1135 posts) -

And you wonder why developers come up with recycled games every year instead of venturing out with a new IP.

#169 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2212 posts) -

Enslaved was a surprisingly good game that for a long time I didn't pick up till early this year.

#170 Posted by jensemann (3 posts) -

Let's hope Enslave goes the way of every good game that did not sell. In five to ten year the licence holder will give us a (put whatever graphical fanciness is currently on vogue hear)-version (holo, maybe) and on live arcade oldies.

And if that sell we might finally get a sequel written by somebody without a talent, telling us that the mind control device is actually trips long missing cousin.

That is if Capcom gets its hands on the property.

#171 Posted by Diablos1125 (179 posts) -

This makes me a sad panda

#172 Posted by magusat999 (7 posts) -

This is so sad - I thought the game did better. I played it and it was great fun - I think ti was one of the better "run through" games of the year. The ending was a POS, and there were a few pathfinding issues, but wow - I never thought it was so bad that people weren't buying it at all. I would play a sequel in a heartbeat - too bad.

#173 Posted by MythDarK (535 posts) -

Seriously though, what need to be added to the story? Does this game really need a sequel? I think it's brilliant as it is on it's own.

A new game from the same team, with the same story writer, now that's something I would support.

#174 Posted by Brendan (7695 posts) -

@Ersanven said:

I really feel that Enslaved is better off as a one off. The ending while somewhat abrupt ( I think the game could have used an extra level at the end) seemed definite to me. I'm fine with this outcome.

I just beat the game and I agree that it could have used an extra level. Since I just finished being invested in the story, though, it makes me sad to know that it won't continue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.