What is EPIC's new IP!?

#1 Posted by ballblaster (75 posts) -

Oh, the anticipation has gotten to me! I can't help but speculate what it could be, since they say its something completely new... I am going to guess that it's a sci-noir MMO. That's basically the only genre their game engine hasn't dominated.

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

I'm guessing it will use the latest version of Unreal and it will be multiplatform.

#3 Posted by ballblaster (75 posts) -

If its multiplat then MS is in trouble. They have no good 1st party developers working on non-Kinect exclusives.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (12299 posts) -

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it involves shooting.

#5 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

Gears of War: First Class

#6 Posted by cabelhigh (247 posts) -

I really think it's going to be another South Park game.

#7 Posted by mosespippy (4378 posts) -

I'm gonna assume you shoot stuff and that there is multiplayer. There will probably be vehicles and vehicle combat as well. So I'm gonna guess it's called Shooty McGunner's Bullet Racer.

#8 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it involves shooting.

I have a feeling you're probably right but one can always hope they make something else.

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@ballblaster said:

If its multiplat then MS is in trouble. They have no good 1st party developers working on non-Kinect exclusives.

your just going to ignore Halo 4.

#10 Edited by CookieMonster (2443 posts) -

@ballblaster said:

I wouldn't call that 'in trouble'. Also, Halo 4.

#11 Posted by ballblaster (75 posts) -

343 Industries is not a proven developer yet, is it? So lets not count on Halo 4 till its hatched. And yes, MS will be in trouble if they expect to launch a new console in a year or two with no strong stable of exclusives to differentiate it from Sony. I'm not saying the next Xbox could be a flop of GameCube proportions, but the momentum that MS spent a lot of effort building this gen could be eroded very quickly. Considering the Xbox division has been nothing short of a Cash Cow for MS in recent years, Microsoft would be really stupid to not do what they can to ensure Xbox's continued success. That means they better start investing in top independant developers.

#12 Posted by JasonR86 (9763 posts) -

Gears of Cartz or Epic Racing.

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10335 posts) -

@ballblaster said:

I don't think they really care. They're concentrating on making the 360 a do-all home theater box. Besides, there's nary a multiplat that doesn't dominate on the 360, they get the majority of those sales. If they can make a good amount of money renting movies and such to people, they don't need many big exclusives. And it looks like it's working pretty well.

#14 Posted by OldGuy (1572 posts) -

Dating sim. Bet on it.

#15 Posted by Wikitoups (870 posts) -

A remake or reboot of jill of the jungle

Or adventure math.

#16 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -

The Jazz Jackrabbit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.