Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Epyx, Inc.

Company »

Epyx was a game developer and publisher that was founded in 1978 and went bankrupt in 1989.

An Introduction, In Ten (X) Parts - Director's Cut

Cpervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Cpervin

Okay. 
    Here are some facts about me: 

1. I've never driven an automobile legally, and in my 25 years of life, I've only driven one (1) Subaru four (4) times in two (...) adjacent parking lots in Ashland, OR.
    2. The closest thing I've had to a career was in the exciting, draining field of residential care for the retired and enfeebled, eventually obtaining CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant) certification from the state of Oregon. Mostly, I kept orderlies and cooks on task when not delivering special meals to the very ill - or recently deceased, on two occasions.
    3. I was offered a writing position at Jeremy Parish's side project/zine, Gamespite.net, but I couldn't figure out the wiki markup language the day my first article was due and, showing the kind of derring-do and stick-it-to-ive-ness I've developed a reputation for, I just kinda stopped posting on the staff forum. Since my first piece of Gamespitefullness is nearly a year over deadline now, I don't think I really have a position there. I can still access the staff forums, which is kinda neat.
    4. I've played guitar for nearly 9 years, and I'm still barely an intermediate talent at the instrument.
    5. I cannot whistle.
    6. The only time I've ever been a recognized member of a videogame message board/community type thing was four or five years ago, on the insertcredit forums. Oh, those were the days. I never countenanced to selectbutton.net - although there's still a bunch of old "internet friends" posting there I wouldn't mind communicating with.
    7. I've been toying around with interactive fiction for the past three months or so, using the Inform scripting language (if you can call something so... intuitive a scripting language - which is what it is, of course, it just uses, like, actual grammatical sense to this Lit Comp major).  When I get something that is not pre-alpha done, I'll host it somewhere. Any zcode interpreter will run the Inform language, I think, so it shouldn't be much of a hassle no matter what system you've got. Right now, I think a true experience with my project requires a Commodore 64 with an Epyx fast cart loader. Hopefully, I'll get some stuff written on the process of writing IF with no prior game development experience and post it here, but I'm pretty slow and notoriously flaky when it comes to this stuff. 
    8. I like NEXT GENERATION POWER and all, but lately I've been enjoying PSP and DS gaming way more than the NEXT GENERATION POWER experience - the recent slew of awesome fighting games and Far Cry 2 notwithstanding. 
    9. My favorite comic artist is Alex Ross, of being Alex Ross the Comic Artist fame.  One of my favorite high brow authors in any field is also named Alex Ross, of the New Yorker and writer of 2007's Pulitzer Prize nominated The Rest is Noise: Listening to the 20th Century. 
    10. I play bar trivia at the Hawthorne Hideaway (it's on SE Hawthorne St. in Portland, OR) every Monday.  Our team is named Willocalypse, for very long and convoluted reasons.
    That about covers it. Since my 'official' gaming blog, A New Sku for This IP, has more or less died out due to lack of audience, I'm going to post all game-stuff here until this blog also becomes a depressing wasteland of no consequence. The over/under is 6 months.
    Cpervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cpervin

Okay. 
    Here are some facts about me: 

1. I've never driven an automobile legally, and in my 25 years of life, I've only driven one (1) Subaru four (4) times in two (...) adjacent parking lots in Ashland, OR.
    2. The closest thing I've had to a career was in the exciting, draining field of residential care for the retired and enfeebled, eventually obtaining CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant) certification from the state of Oregon. Mostly, I kept orderlies and cooks on task when not delivering special meals to the very ill - or recently deceased, on two occasions.
    3. I was offered a writing position at Jeremy Parish's side project/zine, Gamespite.net, but I couldn't figure out the wiki markup language the day my first article was due and, showing the kind of derring-do and stick-it-to-ive-ness I've developed a reputation for, I just kinda stopped posting on the staff forum. Since my first piece of Gamespitefullness is nearly a year over deadline now, I don't think I really have a position there. I can still access the staff forums, which is kinda neat.
    4. I've played guitar for nearly 9 years, and I'm still barely an intermediate talent at the instrument.
    5. I cannot whistle.
    6. The only time I've ever been a recognized member of a videogame message board/community type thing was four or five years ago, on the insertcredit forums. Oh, those were the days. I never countenanced to selectbutton.net - although there's still a bunch of old "internet friends" posting there I wouldn't mind communicating with.
    7. I've been toying around with interactive fiction for the past three months or so, using the Inform scripting language (if you can call something so... intuitive a scripting language - which is what it is, of course, it just uses, like, actual grammatical sense to this Lit Comp major).  When I get something that is not pre-alpha done, I'll host it somewhere. Any zcode interpreter will run the Inform language, I think, so it shouldn't be much of a hassle no matter what system you've got. Right now, I think a true experience with my project requires a Commodore 64 with an Epyx fast cart loader. Hopefully, I'll get some stuff written on the process of writing IF with no prior game development experience and post it here, but I'm pretty slow and notoriously flaky when it comes to this stuff. 
    8. I like NEXT GENERATION POWER and all, but lately I've been enjoying PSP and DS gaming way more than the NEXT GENERATION POWER experience - the recent slew of awesome fighting games and Far Cry 2 notwithstanding. 
    9. My favorite comic artist is Alex Ross, of being Alex Ross the Comic Artist fame.  One of my favorite high brow authors in any field is also named Alex Ross, of the New Yorker and writer of 2007's Pulitzer Prize nominated The Rest is Noise: Listening to the 20th Century. 
    10. I play bar trivia at the Hawthorne Hideaway (it's on SE Hawthorne St. in Portland, OR) every Monday.  Our team is named Willocalypse, for very long and convoluted reasons.
    That about covers it. Since my 'official' gaming blog, A New Sku for This IP, has more or less died out due to lack of audience, I'm going to post all game-stuff here until this blog also becomes a depressing wasteland of no consequence. The over/under is 6 months.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

What?

Cpervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cpervin

Exactly.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Did somebody say NEXT GENERATION POWER?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.