Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released December 1982

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial is an adventure game based on the film of the same name. Its major commercial failure is considered an important factor of the Video Game Crash of 1983 and the collapse of Atari, Inc.

Of ET and Trashmen.

shodan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Edited By shodan2020

I've never really liked the movie E.T. That cornfield scene used to terrify me as a kid. Also, the scenes with the FBI and E.T. almost biting it were the... worst when I was really young. I think I first saw it when I was 4 or 5. It was on VHS. LOL! VHS! A tape you put into a VCR that was on top of your TV. :) I don't think it's a bad movie, it's ok; but I wouldn't put it that high on my "Favorite Spielburg Films" list.

Also, one year E.T. was the one of the only games my parents bought me for the Atari 2600. We got it when I was about 7. We visited my grandma one time in Columbus. The massive outlet center is still there to this day. I drive past it during work at least 8 times a month. Edinburgh Prime Outlets, represent! :) I've never beaten that game (the pits were awful). It's still hilariously horrible. I think I did get pretty good at it, for a kid. However, my mom eventually grew tired of my brother and I playing on the 2600 and the Odyssey2 her brother gave us. They were set out by the trash one morning by my mom. I put up an impassioned fight for the systems, but she eventually won and I watched the trash truck compress my brother and I's 2600, and Odyssey 2 systems and game libraries. It was the early '90s. It was like 9. That day sucked.

I think it's also why I like video games so much. My parents totally don't get them at the time (they have a Wii now and love it). They also gave me a really unique and needed outlet at the time. So many weird ideas and interfaces. I still love really weird and odd video games. Old and new.

I need to get back to playing Rule of Rose and Haunting Ground. Super Mario Galaxy, New SMB Wii, and Kirby's Epic Yarn are awesome distractions though. Dark Souls and Assassin's Creed 2 as well. :)

shodan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By shodan2020

I've never really liked the movie E.T. That cornfield scene used to terrify me as a kid. Also, the scenes with the FBI and E.T. almost biting it were the... worst when I was really young. I think I first saw it when I was 4 or 5. It was on VHS. LOL! VHS! A tape you put into a VCR that was on top of your TV. :) I don't think it's a bad movie, it's ok; but I wouldn't put it that high on my "Favorite Spielburg Films" list.

Also, one year E.T. was the one of the only games my parents bought me for the Atari 2600. We got it when I was about 7. We visited my grandma one time in Columbus. The massive outlet center is still there to this day. I drive past it during work at least 8 times a month. Edinburgh Prime Outlets, represent! :) I've never beaten that game (the pits were awful). It's still hilariously horrible. I think I did get pretty good at it, for a kid. However, my mom eventually grew tired of my brother and I playing on the 2600 and the Odyssey2 her brother gave us. They were set out by the trash one morning by my mom. I put up an impassioned fight for the systems, but she eventually won and I watched the trash truck compress my brother and I's 2600, and Odyssey 2 systems and game libraries. It was the early '90s. It was like 9. That day sucked.

I think it's also why I like video games so much. My parents totally don't get them at the time (they have a Wii now and love it). They also gave me a really unique and needed outlet at the time. So many weird ideas and interfaces. I still love really weird and odd video games. Old and new.

I need to get back to playing Rule of Rose and Haunting Ground. Super Mario Galaxy, New SMB Wii, and Kirby's Epic Yarn are awesome distractions though. Dark Souls and Assassin's Creed 2 as well. :)

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

@shodan2020 said:

However, my mom eventually grew tired of my brother and I playing it all the time with our friends.

Rightfully so. She realized the mistake in giving a young child ET and decided to rectify it :P.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mandude
    @Video_Game_King said:

@shodan2020 said:

However, my mom eventually grew tired of my brother and I playing it all the time with our friends.

Rightfully so. She realized the mistake in giving a young child ET and decided to rectify it :P.

Indeed. You're lucky she wasn't too late.
    shodan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shodan2020

When I said "my mom got tired of my brother and I playing it, I meant the 2600 and NOT E.T. We did play E.T. once in awhile, but we were more into games like Popeye, Atlantis, Circus, and Demons to Diamonds. Also, Yar's Revenge. I loved Yar's Revenge! It's the only 2600 game I can still go back to this day and play for more than 10 minutes. I've re-edited the post to avoid future confusion. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.