Nintendo Re-Trademark Eternal Darkness

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#2 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

If there is a sequel to this game, I may have to buy a Wii again.

#3 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

I really don't see how Eternal Darkness would benefit from a "New Play Control" version regardless of whether we're talking gameplay or sales, so I'm betting it's either brand protection or an upcoming sequel. Really hope it's the latter.

#4 Posted by Dalai (7074 posts) -

Too bad Silicon Knights is too busy on... whatever the fuck they're doing. I'm thinking it's just to protect the brand.

#5 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

David Ellis on some 1UP video said that an Etenral Darkness game was in production. But he was drunk. Coincidence though?

#6 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12130 posts) -

For all the excitement about the brand, I don't know if I would play another Eternal Darkness. I played the first game recently, and found it to be a somewhat clunky but still decent Action-Adventure game that you can totally tell was originally for the N64 with a sanity mechanic that becomes null and void once you learn the "Restore Sanity" Spell. Maybe it was awesome in 2002. I don't know.

#7 Posted by xyzygy (10079 posts) -

Although I love Too Human I still haven't played this game. I should really get on that.

#8 Edited by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -

Considering Nintendo Patented the 'Sanity' System years ago, this could be a new game, but i'm thinking it will be one of those 'new play control' games. All i know is, Denis Dyack ain't touching this unless he removes himself from Microsoft (they ARE a 2nd party still right?)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.