Were you scared when....

#1 Posted by RelentlessKnight (965 posts) -

the bathroom part came up and you first thought that nothing will pop out.. and when you leave thinking that nothing is special about the room, you stumble upon the bath and attempt to click on it when.............. the unexpected happens and you are scared the **** out that you pee on your pants or *insert AVGN joke here*...

I know, I did...
#2 Posted by ahoodedfigure (4240 posts) -

Yes.  Freaky stuff. 

The thing that chilled me to the bone was when I let the game run while I left the living room to go do something else.  The "screen saver" freaked me out! :)

#3 Posted by DerBonk (108 posts) -

That bath tub was the most scary thing I have ever experienced in a game. The entire game is so scary, not only by shock effects, but also in more subtle ways like the voices and screaming as you go mad. Fantastic.

I haven't actually seen the screen saver I think. Gotta check that out.
#4 Posted by r3b3lr0b0t (460 posts) -

I loved this game!! Anybody excited about Eternal Darkness 2?

#5 Posted by SoSerious (59 posts) -

It's been so long that I don't remember the bathroom part, but I loved the game! I cannot wait for another installment!

(Spoiler)
The thing that I most remember about the game is when it said it was deleting my game save, and I freaked out and turned off the console!

#6 Posted by maxx77 (247 posts) -

The infamous bathroom scene made me jump the first time I saw it, and then again on my second playthrough (totally forgot it was going to happen!). It's one of the best moments in gaming imho. Your guard is down and you're not expecting anything... You know, it's pretty fitting such a scary moment should happen in the bathroom of all places.

#7 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Nope, games cant scare me

#8 Posted by underthewether (7 posts) -

In general the whole game was creepy, in a really awesome way.  I especially loved the music and voices in the background.

#9 Posted by DanMarionette (1 posts) -

Yes I agree the bathroom scene scared both myself and my friend watching. My favorite moment was near the end, after killing a boss, when the game said the story continues in Eternal Darkness 2. I remember feeling so cheated..once again both myself and my friend totally believed it...until the screams came back!

#10 Posted by lordofultima (6286 posts) -

My memory card erasing was probably the scariest thing I remember from that game. Srsly.

#11 Posted by LacklusteryMistress (7 posts) -

Honestly, it was a lot of the subtler things which tended to be hair-raising for me. It's been a long time since I've gone through and played it, so I can't really deal in specifics, but I remember a lot of the more minute details which the game had tended to intensify the atmosphere for me rather than just one momentary instance. That's just me, though.

#12 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

I experienced that 2 in the morning...not funny!

#13 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

that scene scared me for life, I seriously wasn't expecting that.....

#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Hahaha. Before I even looked in this thread, I was just thinking "Dude, I bet it's gonna be about the bathtub scene!" Heck yeah it scared me, haha.

#15 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

....seriously, people still get hung up on the bathtub scene?  I don't get it.  The memory card wipe was much scarier.

#16 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

Nope. I aint neva scared. Bitches!

#17 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
MasturbatingBear said:
"Nope. I aint neva scared. Bitches!"
Well of course you're not, you're a masturbating bear. :D
#18 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"....seriously, people still get hung up on the bathtub scene?  I don't get it.  The memory card wipe was much scarier."
Or when it looks like the console/TV was turned off.
I was seriously pissed.
#19 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

That part was awesome !

#20 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

That was pretty awesome. I can't really recall exact moments, but I do remember that one.

#21 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

I played that part during the day while hanging out with my friend. It still managed to scare us both. The bathtub jokes that ensued were awesome.

#22 Posted by jackgordon (53 posts) -

yea that bathroom scene scared the living crap out of me and my friend playing, Awesome Game!

#23 Posted by Dalai (7074 posts) -

Oh bathroom scene... scare me once shame on you, scare me twice, fuck me.

It has scared the shit out of me at least twice.

#24 Posted by Plasticworld (108 posts) -

I played this game at a pretty young age. Needless to say that freaked me the fuck out so bad that I stopped playing at that point.

#25 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I never finished the game but the simple things it did were what got me the most. The crying babies in the 1700's America level, the ringing phone and knocking on doors of the present day mansion. I had nightmares for a whole week from that game alone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.