Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Eternal Sonata

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 14, 2007

Eternal Sonata is a fantasy RPG developed by tri-Crescendo that tells an alternate history story of Frédéric Chopin's final moments.

The erm, ending...(Spoilers, obviously)

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By JackiJinx

Look, I let all the philisophical rubbish slide throughout the game and still managed to enjoy it, until the end. 

I really don't get it. Chopin went mad thinking he was in a dream, and Polka decideds to end it all for...well, I just label her as mentally disturbed. And the credits? Very, very creepy. I can't believe I'm watching this stuff. Holy crap.

The ending just felt like a cop-out with more philosophy bull. Someone please let me know I'm not alone in this.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By zitosilva

Yeah, to be honest it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either. But it kinda looks like that Chopin also existed as a different being inside his head, because the world inside his head had a life of its own and did not need Chopin's existance to keep on existing? At least I got that much.

Just don't ask me about Polka being the one to end all darkness, and old Polka with weird tree and time loops with polka's mother.

I think that, in the end, all I could really gather was: "so, I killed Chopin as a last boss in a game. I am complete".

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Snipzor

You aren't alone, but then again to be honest I phased out near the end.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By FireBurger

It was a while ago, so I can't really remember my exact thoughts, but I think I was pretty confused. All I remember is that Chopin all of the sudden threw a hissy-fit and Polka jumped off a cliff...

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I couldn't stand this game to be honest. It's an insulting way to portray Chopin's final moments and the melodrama overshadows the potential the story had.

Don't even get me started on Claves' death.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zitosilva
    @Sleepy_Insomniac: Oh, I had forgot about that. That was horrible, such a long a melodramatic monologue.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @zitosilva said:
    " @Sleepy_Insomniac: Oh, I had forgot about that. That was horrible, such a long a melodramatic monologue. "
    Yeah, I know! I never finished the game and I watched the ending on YouTube. I'm glad I didn't slog through the final chapter.
    JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#8  Edited By JackiJinx
    @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " Don't even get me started on Claves' death. "
    I completely forgot about that. That was needlessly drawn out.

Didn't realize that I hadn't actually finished the credits when I wrote this. The ending's ending somewhat makes up for the rest of the ending. Chopin at the piano, playing mysteriously for the rest of time.

Still doesn't make much sense to me, but philosophy hardly ever does.
    LightGaia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By LightGaia

I was very confused by the ending. A lot of the scenes are needlessly dramatic too. According to what I heard, the PS3 version not only has extra content but a re-written story as well. I also heard the ending was changed. Some people claim that version's story makes more sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.