4.5 stars 4.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 2 releases and 0 DLC

Fun, but you can't get lax during battle 0

I recently picked this up and I've logged several hours of play time at this point, but I've barely scratched the surface of this game. The main premise here is that you are a guild of adventurers (entirely created and customized by you) trying to get to the top of the Yggdrasil labyrinth to see what's up there. You are tasked with making a map of the dungeon as you go, which I assume comes into play in the story at some point(?) but at first seems mostly to help you survive and get around. Rand...

The explorer and old-school PC RPG fan's dream. 0

RPGs have different "focuses", the primary one is often the story and character development, which is a staple in most of today's best coming from Bioware and Square Enix. Combat, I find often best found in tactical RPGs in the vein of Disgeia, and Fire Emblem. I find that one other, the sense of being lost in a world, is sometimes cast aside, and takes far too small a roll in the game's progression. The focus on story makes the above mentioned dev's games often too linear, offering just a few s...