Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 05, 2012

The 4th entry in the Etrian Odyssey RPG series, and the first for the 3DS.

4th Land Boss Help. (Semi-Spoilers?)

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm having a really difficult time with the Cradle Guardian. He just seems to do way too much damage and I'm hardly doing any, especially when he's in any mode that isn't his Phys mode. Any suggestions of what I should do?

I'm running:

NS, Logre, D

RM, A/M, F/D

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zeik

What's your level? Did you get Spectral Cage from the Golden Deer Keep? That plus Black Mist will shut him down for awhile.

What's your general strategies with your team? At that point in the game your team is likely pretty specialized, so it's hard to give specific advice. Paralysis is a good status effect to inflict on him if either your Nightseeker or Arcanist has it.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joeyoe31
    @zeik said:

What's your level? Did you get Spectral Cage from the Golden Deer Keep? That plus Black Mist will shut him down for awhile.

What's your general strategies with your team? At that point in the game your team is likely pretty specialized, so it's hard to give specific advice. Paralysis is a good status effect to inflict on him if either your Nightseeker or Arcanist has it.

My general plan for my team is that I use poison with my Arcanist, then do a bunch of burst damage with the NS and Logre. My problem is that once it changes it's face, my main damage dealers start doing very little damage, the only one who seems to be doing any damage is my rune master. The ailments also stop working once the face change happens.

Do you think I need to rest some of my characters? My NS isn't really ailment oriented, I wanted to make it so that the Arcanist did that so that I could focus on just doing burst damage when someone did get effect by an ailment. Otherwise I think my party is pretty sound. Maybe my runemaster needs a rest too? Her general runes are pretty low, I only leveled her actual damage dealing spells rather than her defensive ones.

Levels: NS:49, F: 49, D:49 RM:50 A:47

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having your Arcanist inflict ailments isn't a bad plan, but something to note is that the Nightseeker's Venom Throw is significantly better than the Arcanist's Poison Circle. It does 700 damage a tic instead of just 300. My personal set-up has my Nightseeker with maxed out Venom Throw and the Arcanist with maxed out Paralysis Circle. Make sure you have Ailment Boost maxed (or near maxed) as well. Ailment Boost affects bursts like Spectral Cage too.

I don't use a Runemaster, so I can't really give any good advice for builds, but focusing more on one element might help.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lowest I can get him down to is about 1/4 of his health, and that's will everyones TP increadibly low. I'm gonna respec a few of my characters and try to figure this out.

Thanks for the tips.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Turambar

@joeyoe31: Remember that ice strike is an elemental attack, and you always have the elemental oils to enchant weapons to deal elemental damage.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After an hour of internet searching and some hard decision making, I respec my NS and A/M. I also took a couple of other precautions but I was able to beat him first try after the respec. Thanks for all the help guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.