Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 27, 2013

A 3DS remake of the original Etrian Odyssey. The game will be the first to include a set party of named characters with a more focused, fleshed-out story.

This is out! Anyone getting it?

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

The newest Etrian Odyssey experience is out today (Oct. 1) and it seems like no one is really interested. I'll be picking up my copy on my way to class today and I'm pretty sure I'm the only who pre-ordered it at the store I go to.

I thought I wouldn't be ready to play another Etrian game so soon after IV, but after I played the demo for EOU, I was chomping at the bit for more of that glorious cartography adventuring.

I'm not quite sure how similar this is to the first EO, since this is suppose to be a remake of that, but with a story mode. I never played the first three games. However, I really enjoyed EO IV and wanted to support the series' newest entry.

If anyone is at all interested in getting EOU, I suggest checking out the demo on the nintendo eShop. The level cap is 10 and it brings over your progress to the full game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I would love to, but I don't get paid 'til the end of next week. Even then I don't know if I'll be ready to dump $50 on it. I might buy it, but there are other things that I need to pay for.

You'll have to quote me when you've played it some and tell me how the story mode is.

EDIT: Oh, wait, it's $40, not $50.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really enjoy the EO games, but I just finished up IV not that long ago. With Disgaea D2 out next week, this poor game is going to sit on my "games to buy" list for a fairly long time.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Yeah I'm planning to grab this as my first Etrian Odyssey game. Really enjoyed the demo.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IV only came out here about a month back, I need to get back to playing that first!

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If it wasn't for GTA Online, Pokemon Y, and the PS4, I'd be all over this game.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@irrelevantjohn said:

Yeah I'm planning to grab this as my first Etrian Odyssey game. Really enjoyed the demo.

Great time to get it if you are getting the first 3ds game. It dropped by 10 dollars on the eShop.

Sadly no, I have Pokemon X/Y and Phoenix Wright on tap so I'll skip this iteration for the time being.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zeik

Unfortunately I think this is hitting at a bad time for a lot of people. It's not far enough away from EO4 to being dying to play another EO game, and it's coming out right when a deluge of other high priority games are being released. Under different circumstances I would definitely be picking it up, but there's other stuff on the near horizon that takes priority.

I hope the game sells well enough though. It would be a shame for it to flop after they got it out so quickly.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty bad timing. I want to get it but still not done with 4, shin megami tensei's latest release, or gta v. Just too many other things to play right now.

Miyuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 14

I got my copy today (preorder from Amazon.) I loved the demo, and the story mode gives me what I wanted out of EO - fun mapping with a storyline to get me through all the dungeons. I didn't yet play IV, so I went with this instead. I'm still playing Soul Hackers, so I am not ready to get into it yet, but I wanted to order early and support.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

I always thought EO games would be a lot better with a more cohesive story being told and it looks like they finally delivered. I picked this up off the eshop last night.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's ever released in Europe, I hope NISA wasn't expecting much from 4's sales numbers.. I didn't bother with the true last boss in the original, finishing the story was accomplishment enough. Also, ants suck.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got my copy in the mail today. Never played any of the series, so looking forward to it. Not sure when I will get to play, still trying to finish Persona 4. Too many long-ass-rpgs to play!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

OK, so my birthday just passed and I have some extra money. I'll likely pick this up soon, though I won't actually play it until I've finished the copy of Soul Hackers that my brother got me. Also I guess I need to finish EOIV first as well. I'm stuck on that fucking boss in the caves.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By apathylad

I hardly played the last one, but I guess I could download the demo..

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By monetarydread

I just picked up EO 4 about a month ago, so I doubt I am going to pick up another EO game this soon. Plus, the last thing I want in my EO games is story. Then there is the whole Pokemon being released in a few days thing.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Turambar

@monetarydread said:

I just picked up EO 4 about a month ago, so I doubt I am going to pick up another EO game this soon. Plus, the last thing I want in my EO games is story. Then there is the whole Pokemon being released in a few days thing.

There is an entire separate mode that lets you play the game without any of the plot in the same vein as past games.

Millenium Girl is a remake of the original EO, but this time with a separate dungeon explored in tandum with the main one that has its own enemies and bosses, a change in boss mechanics, two new classes, skill tree rebalances, and grimoires that lets you obtain skills from other classes/monsters/bosses.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

Purchased this game (along with Rune Factory 4) this weekend. Plan to start this as soon as I wrap up SMT IV. Really loved EO4 (my favorite game of this year so far) and hoping to get a similar experience here in EOU.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt I will be snagging this any time soon. I still have EO4, SMT4, and, well, Pokemon X/Y this week as well, I've got too many hours and games to give to other RPGs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.