Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Eufloria

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Eufloria is an ambient real-time strategy game with unique and abstract visuals. The purpose of the game is to conquer a small asteroid field while competing with a computer opponent with the same task.

Eufloria quicklook? What the hell?

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By thatfrood

According to the front page... they're doing a quick look of Eufloria tomorrow?

What the...

did I... miss something on the bombcast? is this some sort of archival footage? did ryan davis find a mixtape labeled "eufloria quicklook" in between the cushions of his couch and brought it to work?

Why is...

what

Freezer_Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Freezer_Burn

It's coming out on the PS3 this week.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

@Freezer_Burn said:

It's coming out on the PS3 this week.

OH.

Goodness, thank you.

You have no idea how baffled I was that they were going to do a quick look for some small indie game from 2 years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-643fcf03a370c
    deactivated-643fcf03a370c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

While it's been out for quite a while on pc, it only just got released on the PS3.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

Eufloria is a neat little game albeit a simple one. Good to see it on more platforms.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By kalmis

Right so it is the same game. Pretty sure I had this on my Steam collection already. Never played it though. What made it confusing was that somewhere I remember seeing this being a PS3 exclusive.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoFooQ

how good is this game?? is this just a puzzle game, where each level you have to find the little secret than attack, or is there actual thought and replayablity?? IF anyone already played let me know cause it looks interesting

cactusspines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cactusspines

I bought this game after about 10 mins of their Quicklook. It satisfies that RTS space planet conquering vibe, but in a real relaxed and ambient way. Then I made it to level 11 and haven't figured out how to get more than four planets before I just get overrun. It is a simple concept, well-executed and will scratch that minimalist RTS itch if you have one. Think of it as a really stripped down Sins of the Solar Empire without trans-galaxy movement, politics or tech building(outside of planet terraforming to affect your seedlings).

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Wraxend

@cactusspines: Glad to see I'm not the only one stuck on level 11. Thank god it has that unlock stages option.

cactusspines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cactusspines

Yeah, the difficulty really spikes on 11. I've contemplated the solution being, getting at least two planets immediately up and running with laser satellites. If I remember correctly, I had at least 2 and that allowed me to micromanage their position as I moved to other planets and held off invaders, while my seedling population grew. However, due to you being in the middle, the computer AI just goes a-gallavanting around the rest of the planets with impunity.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By mfpantst
    @cactusspines: Have you made it past level 11?  Is what you wrote above how you got past it or what you were thinking would work?
    cactusspines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cactusspines

I have not made it past level 11, rather I got the furthest with that type of situation. I'm not sure what the answer is, other than having Laser Satellites are probably key since they do so much damage so quickly. Micromanagement and being able to have a full understanding of what the AI is doing is probably the order of the day. I just didn't expect the computer difficulty to spike so quickly when comparing level 11 to the rest previous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.