Should I buy Euro Truck Simulator?

#1 Edited by phoenix6153 (42 posts) -

so, this is really dumb. i've watched vinny and drew play euro truck simulator a couple of times and it looked pretty good. now, with the steam sale, it's only $6.50. should i do this?

#2 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3740 posts) -

Sure? It seems to be pretty fun if you like driving a truck around.

Don't be afraid to like Euro Truck Simulator.

#3 Posted by MB (11968 posts) -

@phoenix6153: please post threads like this in the appropriate forum instead of lumping it into general - also I'm changing your topic title to something not so vague. Thanks.

#4 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I was thinking about it but I'm not sure how long the appeal will last for me, plus I have a huge backlog and just bought a vita today. Also I think it's way more fun watching Vinny play rather than play it by myself, not saying it won't be fun but Vinny just adds that extra special something.

#5 Posted by phoenix6153 (42 posts) -

@mb: my bad...sorry

#6 Edited by Dark (360 posts) -

Surprisingly fun, however you are just driving a truck around ... I also have a G27 so maybe that also adds more appeal?

#7 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

I would say to get the 2nd one. Not sure how the first one holds up as I haven't played it, but the 2nd one was a nice surprise to me. After watching the quick look of it I bought it on a GMG sale, and the combo of driving and RPG mechanics in the game is surprisingly fun.

#8 Posted by Fruitcocoa (478 posts) -

It is surprisingly fun. You'll certainly find your money worth it if you just let the game grow on you.

#9 Edited by Enai (173 posts) -

Get the demo from their website. Maybe steam also has it? I tried the demo and that was enough for me personally.

#10 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

Yes.

#11 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

The first one is okay but the second one is the one to get. I can't speak for others but personally I find it better if you've a steering wheel to play it with. While it's not a game I'll label as fun, it's pretty relaxing and it's a good game to play with if you just want to cruise to whilst listening to podcasts or music.

#12 Edited by phoenix6153 (42 posts) -

so i've been playing it for the last few days and it is surprising relaxing. i've really enjoyed it so far. only problem is that i need to get a wheel to do it properly. also, i feel like i'm getting a lot of speeding fines when i'm not going super fast...o wells, can't complain too much. it's really enjoyable. thanks

#13 Posted by ShaggE (6325 posts) -

I wish I had a Drew-like setup for this game, as I feel like I'm missing an integral part of the experience when using a keyboard or controller.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.