Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Europa Universalis IV

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 13, 2013

The newest game in Paradox Interactive's grand strategy franchise, focusing on Europe in the Age of Discovery.

EU IV announced!!

thebigJ_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By No0b0rAmA

PRAISE BE TO THE LORD

Q3 2013 WILL BE THE SECOND COMING

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

here's some of the announced features via strategyinformer;

- Take your own decisions: Nation building is flexible: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and more. The possibilities are endless.
    - Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your spread of choices is influence by the caliber of the man you have at the top. Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war.
    - Experience history coming to life: The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Thousands of historical events guide you, with unique different flavor depending on the country you play. Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal.
    - The world is now your playground: Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographic map in full 3D. Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span.
    - Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Seize control of key ports to expand your trade, support it with your powerful fleet and the wealth of the world will flow to you.
    - Bring out your diplomatic skills: Deeper diplomatic gameplay, with coalitions, threats, fleet basing rights and detailed support for rebels. Introducing unilateral opinions, a country may dislike you, but you can be neutral towards them.
    - Engage in Multiplayer: Battle against your friends or try co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation for up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking server andsupport for a standalone server.
    - Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire.

improved diplomacy mmmmmmm

thebigJ_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By thebigJ_A

That map.... so good. It's even got (from what I can see) a proper projection!

Cannot wait. EUIII, with expansions, is my favorite grand strategy game. I played a bit today, and it is getting long in the tooth. Now we just have to wait a year or so. Aw poo.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By inkerman

Jese, I haven't played EU, but I've played the crap out of Hearts of Iron III, might have to check this one out.

axisandallies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

[url]http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/ffa15571050[/url]

Hello fellow paradox masochists!

Could you do me a kindness and sign up for me with the link above? no need to sign up for newsletter.

ThomasG666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good news everyone!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.