Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Amazing EVE ONLINE Stories/Moments

redeye1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By redeye1984

This is one minor happenings during EVE ONLINE and it got kinda serious...

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By albedos_shadow

Wow...

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

The CCP petition he formed was never heard by anyone significant, I am sure. Even from the short amount of time I've been playing the game, I understand that risks like that are what make EVE what it is.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By tekmojo

Great!

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fr0br0

Haha, man this game sounds so fucking awesome, but I'm actually afraid to play it...

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Duke_Lion

haha, that was great.  Thanks for posting it.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Endogene

Well that is why i dont play MMOs...

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JoelTGM

that's hilarious.  I love how they talk about it like it's real.  I feel sorry for that guy because he's taking it so seriously. 

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I liked the look of eve so I tried one of those free trials they advertise everywhere.  That game has a steep learning curve.  Like cliff steep.  It's not made any easier by the fact that the tutorial seems to cut off half way through.  The time investment must be huge for that game though so I think I'm ok not playing.  I'll find an easier MMO

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hamz

Just found a nice story of more madness going on in EVE thanks to Shacknews. [link]. Seems one of the largest guilds in the game has been taken down due to someone jumping ship to another rival guild. Seems Band of Brothers (BoB) had one of their directors (I assume thats like a leader?) joining a rival guild after much persuasion from, and this is the best bit, the Goonfleet Intelligence Agency (GSA). Now all their ISK (money) and territory as well as the rights to the guild name are passed onto the GSA.

Will the madness in EVE ever stop? I agree with Brad that hearing about this stuff makes me want to play EVE. But it would take a few years hardcore playing to get to that level of noteworthy backstabbing.

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Steven

Wow, amazing.  EVE sounds so goddamn insane...

redeye1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By redeye1984

I think EVE Online is a TV show for the masses. With stories and plot twists. With games like these, why bother going to the movies. :-X

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By albedos_shadow

I tried a free trial of EVE yesterday, and damn, is it complicated. Like super-complicated. I could tell it would take at least a couple months of play-time to even grasp the fundamentals.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By End_Boss

I don't know if anyone else listened to the most recent Bombcast, but that contains the single most banana sandwich story I have ever heard associated with any MMO, EVE included. I won't recount the story here, but I have to say that that story could be the single reason I will, without a doubt, invest my time in EVE Online. For those of you who want to hear the story, if you fast-forward the 'Cast until there's about five minutes left you'll get the majority of it.

I had to listen to it three or four times before the full weight of it really sunk in.

smokmnky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By smokmnky

As a member of the Goonswarm Alliance I thought I'd follow up a bit for you that are interested. We managed to get a spy into the highest levels of Band of Brothers directorship and then disbanded their alliance. I'll attempt to explain BoB's death to WoW-playing people:

"It's less like someone hacking your character, and more like the Horde disbanding the fucking Alliance and then telling all the orcs to go to Stormwind and take over the shops."

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Driadon

From what I've heard, he wasn't a spy, but rather just a leader of BoB that wanted to join Goon...

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By yorro
    albedos_shadow said:
    "I tried a free trial of EVE yesterday, and damn, is it complicated. Like super-complicated. I could tell it would take at least a couple months of play-time to even grasp the fundamentals."
    Same thing happened to me when I first played it. But after watching a few sci-fi movies, I tried it again and got addicted.
    It is not complicated, just too complex. I've been playing for more than year now, and I still learning new stuff everyday. Not like in other MMOs when after playing for a long time you'll know everything there is to it.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

That was jokes.

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By yorro

He was just blowing off some steam. They didn't explain well enough the cause and effects of 0.4 below, they were just letting him go at it.

smokmnky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By smokmnky
    Driadon said:
    "From what I've heard, he wasn't a spy, but rather just a leader of BoB that wanted to join Goon..."
    It was a leader that join a goon corp that was about to be scammed but the scammer had a change of heart and let him stay, then found it he was a bob director and was able to turn him letting him spy on the alliance and then disband it
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Coltonio7

God damn....downloading the trial =D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.