Cronus Miners

#1 Edited by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -

Hi,
I just wanted to let anyone know that I have a mining corporation in EVE online called Cronus Miners. CM is based in Sehmosh and is currently seeking fellow miners and possible transport pilots( freighters, haulers, orcas). CM specializes in trade at the moment so if this feels like something you would want to do head over to Sehmosh to sign up.  
You can also contact Mason Onyx for any inquiries.

Thanks, 
Sacerdos87

#2 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5278 posts) -

This is why this game scares the shit out of me.

#3 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85: why's that?
#4 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5278 posts) -
@Sacerdos87: It sounds like you are recruiting for a real world company. Plus Eve has that depth that just seems way too over my head for me. Seems like you have it all under control though :)
#5 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85: It definitely can be a business primer in some ways since it revolves around a free market system. But there are enough players that all you need is the interest and time. Lots of people enjoy pvp combat besides mining and/or trade though.
#6 Posted by rude (1 posts) -

with the amount of work some people put into this game, you're better off starting a real company and putting that same effort into that...seems like you're just working a job instead of playing a game, lol

#7 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -
@rude:  not really cause skills are trained by themselves and not the players, you just have to do combat and gathering of resources beyond that its not all that time consuming like any other game.
#8 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Space Trading Spreadsheet Simulator : 2011

#9 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -
@Gizmo:  That's more of a stereotype and doesn't really explain the game at all.
#10 Posted by SunburnSlap (2 posts) -

Started playing this game a few days ago, looking for a corp that is noob friendly. Was thinking on the team liquid forum but they're corp seems to be pretty PvP focused which isn't what i'm after.

Would your corp be a good fit for me?

#11 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -
@SunburnSlap:  If you are looking for help in EVE that's what the corp is there for in part and beyond that once you start getting a hang of things we would start doing mining ops and trading the resources it gets for money so we can acquire more skills for you. Couple of questions though and you can answer them in game by contacting my Mason Onyx char or saying here. 

1. What do you want to do with EVE specifically? 
2. What skills are you primarily focused on with your character? For example do you have mostly industry related skills?
3. Are you familiar with the star map function of the game?
4. Are you currently in Naeel? Would you be willing to come to Naeel?

In a game like EVE money is the bread and butter so this is how the corp will support its members but will require that in turn that if you have time, real life comes first as always its not an elitist thing  for me that people be on my watch, you would assist in mining ops with either mining or hauling the resources, just generally helping out when you can where you can.

The corp is also in alliance with other corps for anti-piracy purposes and mining. So we have vent if you like voice chat. It would probably be the only requirement since it makes it easier to communicate in game. You can go to  http://www.the-sentinels.net/forum/forum.php its a gaming community in general but we have our alliance stuff posted there plus vent info but you will see when you check it out and sign up at the forums if after this you are interested.

Hope this gives you an idea of how the corp works and in making your decision.
#12 Edited by SunburnSlap (2 posts) -
@Sacerdos87:  
1. Mining, though I reckon freighting would be alright as well, but looking at the required skills they're a bit different from the required skills for mining, so that likely wont happen for awhile.

2. Currently working up to a mining barge, so industry, astrogeo, mining a bit of refining but not much.

3. Know how it works, chances are there are still parts of it that I don't know about, but that seems to be the thing about this game, there's so much depth to everything.

4. Currently based about 10 jumps out of Naeel, so can shift over.

Also what time zone are you in, I'm from New Zealand, as it is daylight savings at the moment I'm at GMT +13, not sure if that will make it so I'm on while everyone else is sleeping.
#13 Edited by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -
@SunburnSlap:  I'm EST+5  and your a day ahead so it's NOT really a big deal I just get to talk to someone from the FUTURE, if you want to apply tho feel free to head over to Naeel. lemme know when u play so i can catch you maybe tonight or some other time.
#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -
@rude said:
" with the amount of work some people put into this game, you're better off starting a real company and putting that same effort into that."
Actually he's probably not. Running a corporation in EVE is one thing but running a company in real-life is a whole different ball game.
#15 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -

The recruitment for this corp is still open. We offer experience and assistance to help others progress in their skills so don't be afraid!

#16 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -
@Sacerdos87: Just started, currently speccing for exploration but I have a mining ship ready to go, think you can use me? 

Hit me up in game: Tseng Deschain
#17 Posted by Greenshoes (284 posts) -

I have only spent about 12 hours in EVE so far, but I guess I come and check you guys out in a little while.

#18 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -
@Greenshoes: Feel free to join us, we are looking for people who will fit in, so far Gunslinger and Sunburn play with me almost every night. First post of this thread gives you our location to sign up. You can inquire about the corp also I'll answer any questions I can whether it be here or in game.
#19 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -

This is still open to any fellow GBers who want to check us out in EVE.

#20 Edited by Dtat (1623 posts) -

I joined this dude's corp a few weeks ago, and I'm having a blast! Granted I use the word "blast" loosely. It's not all non-stop action, but the market economy, mining, and all that good stuff is right up my alley. Though we did have a good old fashioned war recently. I lost two ships T_T. I gotta say, having someone to guide you through your first days in Eve is essential. Many thanks to Sacerdos87 for hooking me up! Glad I gave Eve a try!

I would say now is a very good time to try out Eve. Some really huge additions are coming. It's gonna be fucking awesome!

Edit: the corp's called the Cronus Miners in case you forgot. :D

#21 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -
@Dtat said:
" I joined this dude's corp a few weeks ago, and I'm having a blast! Granted I use the word "blast" loosely. It's not all non-stop action, but the market economy, mining, and all that good stuff is right up my alley. Though we did have a good old fashioned war recently. I lost two ships T_T. I gotta say, having someone to guide you through your first days in Eve is essential. Many thanks to Sacerdos87 for hooking me up! Glad I gave Eve a try!

I would say now is a very good time to try out Eve. Some really huge additions are coming. It's gonna be fucking awesome!

Edit: the corp's called the Cronus Miners in case you forgot. :D

"

Special Agent David Cooper!? :O

Didn't realise you were a Bomber. Tseng Deschain, reporting in. /salute
#22 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda: Yeah that's how I discovered Eve!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.