Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

DUST 514 and EVE move to the same server!

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kinggiddra

Right now CCP is finishing moving DUST 514 from its own test server onto the live Tranquility server that hosts EVE. What does this mean? The universe of EVE will become one of the first virtual worlds that molded by multiple separate games. I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself; right now the interaction is somewhat limited. You'll basically be able to chat with DUST mercenaries and bombard them from orbit with artillery. Nothing major.

The future looks bright, though. This is the first step in integrating two separate games and forming one cohesive world. Soon you'll be scamming DUST mercenaries and recording voice communications for intel.

Any GB duders that have a PS3 are able to join the beta by purchasing a Mercenary Pack on the PSN. The game itself will be free when it launches. DUST will remain in beta for some months while on the live server, but due to the limited initial interaction it shouldn't pose a problem.

Is anyone else excited for this revolutionary conecpt?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

this sounds completely bonkers. i think i've had a beta key for a while now but i never redeemed it. i wonder if i could still redeem it and get into the current beta. i'd like to see it for myself. are you in it, KingGiddra? or anyone, for that matter

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PandaBear

I have to start playing the beta ... but either way, I'm so fucking down for a game like this.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WarlordPayne

It's a really interesting concept. Unfortunately, as of now anyway, I don't enjoy playing DUST. I'm hoping that as the beta progresses I'll like it more since I would love to be involved in the craziness of the EVE universe without having to actually play EVE.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By datarez

Here's the big FAQ for the eve player:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE-DUST_514_Link_FAQ

It looks like you'll need to be joined into faction warfare, but not your corp. Time to dust off my Caldari I've been just sitting and training as a good use here then. I don't think I want my industrialist involved in FW as it'd muck up future trade routes.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By innacces14

@datarez said:

Here's the big FAQ for the eve player:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE-DUST_514_Link_FAQ

I just want to note how hilarious it was to see "how do I shoot planets?!" as the first question. Never played the game, never will, but man do I love me some EVE news. haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.