Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

EVE Online Planetary Interaction

Sacerdos87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sacerdos87

I noticed that CCP recently released a video on the interwebs showing off Planetary Interaction or Pi as it gets abbreviated in chats and forums. I figured this would be a good opportunity to show those interested, one of the things you can do in EVE and it's complexity with it. I was thinking of waiting to see if maybe the site itself would jump on it but I decided to grab the bull by the horns and not wait on that.

As you can see it's got some pretty cool stuff. You can take those goods and either expand on them and make more goods or just sell the raw materials for some passive income. Either way, it's pretty cool as I just recently delved into it myself. Once you figure out how to lay out everything and use the controls for it. It's pretty amazing because the materials come in and then after 30 mins get a product to stockpile to sell later for some decent prices on the market. I would say this is a must have to do in game if your going into the industry career portion of the game because you can essentially provide yourself with goods for manufacturing and/or some more money to buy skills, ships, and equipment. Hope you enjoyed it and discuss it a bit.
    AnnonOMous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AnnonOMous

From someone who has 6 colonies going, following this video will balls up your efforts.

Speak to someone from EVE uni to get decent instructions.

Firstly, don't get storage buildings, get launch pads.  They have twice the storage, for a little extra CPU.  At higher levels, you run put of power before CPU.  Also, position factories as near to storage area's as possible.  Don't place them between ECU and storage, you will only waste valuable power.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

Planetary interaction is something I never had a reason to try, i remember putting like a commandpost on some random lava planet but I never actually did anything with it. 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye
    @AnnonOMous said:
    " From someone who has 6 colonies going, following this video will balls up your efforts.Speak to someone from EVE uni to get decent instructions.Firstly, don't get storage buildings, get launch pads.  They have twice the storage, for a little extra CPU.  At higher levels, you run put of power before CPU.  Also, position factories as near to storage area's as possible.  Don't place them between ECU and storage, you will only waste valuable power. "
    This is all great info. I also find it's only really worth your time to do PI in nulsec, the yeilds just arn't high enough in high-sec.
    Sacerdos87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sacerdos87

The video itself shows how PI works though to a degree. I know people on GB are intrigued about EVE and what you can do.

By posting here people who frequent the forums but are unsure of EVE could see how working with planets goes. It's definitely a video for new players and EVE Uni won't work for everyone.

Good advice though on the storage containers, someone like me who has trained the majority of the skills up high definitely doesn't need them but I see their use for pilots who are fairly new and need a viable storage to avoid waste. 900K doesn't come fast enough for new guys.

@jadeskye said:

"This is all great info. I also find it's only really worth your time to do PI in nulsec, the yeilds just arn't high enough in high-sec. "
    No doubt. But not everyone can get to low sec. You are fortunate enough to be able to. Doing this in high sec still gives some nice passive income once you make the refined commodities and sell them.
    AnnonOMous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By AnnonOMous

If you know what your doing, you can make ISK from planets in any part of EVE.  The only problem is that it takes longer to get back you initial investment in high sec.

I think, one of my high sec colonies cost me around 10mil ISK to set up (after fine tuning) and get's me a return of 600k ISK a day.  So it took me between 3 and 4 weeks to get my money back.  On the other hand, one of my w-space colonies cost 15mil ISK to set up, but gave me an income of 1.4mil a day and only took me 8 days to start making a profit.

If you look after your planets, they will look after you.

(BTW, in no way at all do I use planets as my main source of income.  I run the extractors once a week, and once a week I fly round picking up all the items made.  And once a month I go to Jita.  Every month, I put my PI stuff up for sale, and receive in the region of 30-40mil depending on prices.  This is only 1mil per day, but it's not much effort to run PI once a week.  Easy money.  The only money I make easier is selling data cores form my research agents.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.