Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Giant Bomb EVE Corp and Community - New duders welcome!

hobblygobbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Had fun last night fighting the Germans and Exodus guys with the POS bashes, glad to be able to fly with part of the GB community in the alliance, you guys are awesome.

gnu2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to our new friends in BRAVE, who brought a cloud of ships so that we could slam structures and dunk Ze Germans:

Loading Video...

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I just wanted to take some time to post an update here, a trail marker of sorts on Kite Co's path through EVE.

Back around February, Dave mentioned he wanted to run a corp in EVE, and we saw an influx of players into our public channels. He had said he wanted to be a puppet master of sorts, without the major time investment in the game some of us had, as he is understandably a VERY busy man right now. After a couple weeks of not hearing any more about it a few people decided to make Kite Co in spirit, get it going, and grow the community corp so if Dave decided he wanted in, we'd be ready. A big catalyst for this was more and more people coming to EVE channels, looking for Dave's corp, and leaving after a few days. We wanted to make sure all GB duders have a place if they want one within the community.

We were living in Mani, mining the days away. Roams to CVA space and staged fights with TEST for pvp were the activities at night. Eventually we moved to Orvolle and joined Gallente faction war for something new to do.

Shortly after moving, Patrick live streamed playing EVE and headed to Fanfest. To say we were not prepared for this would be an understatement. The explosion of people necessitated getting more HR people, API check systems in place etc. They were getting 50-60 apps a day at this point, and we were the fastest growing corp in all of EVE. With the member count came wardecs. People love getting easy kills in eve, and we were a big target. We fought back, made videos, and hilariously killed ships worth hundreds of our own losses.

Recruiting slowed down, but we had and still have a large member base. We decided to try our hand at NPC nullsec. This is much like "Nullsec Lite" using all the nullsec mechanics except for sovereignty. They have public NPC stations etc, so there's not as much need for big ISK investment (or capital fleets) to survive. This first venture into null ended with mixed results. For the first few weeks we happily inhabited Poitot, bringing members down as best we could with limited logistics chains in place. Poitot is on a very active "pipe" of systems leading deeper into the Syndicate region, known for small and mid size gang pvp. After a couple weeks, a larger and more experienced PvP group moved in, and eventually members grew frustrated with the situation. We plotted a new course, looking for deeper, more secluded areas to try out and looking for people to live alongside if possible.

Our new home was not as busy, and on scouting attempts appeared relatively secluded. Leadership and diplomats reached out to corps that seemed to call the area home to check on living peacefully alongside them. This effort was again mixed, and a mid sized German alliance declined, essentially brushing us off. Leadership had meetings, discussions, and concluded that we were not going to simply take "no" for an answer. We made more plans, got better logistics setup, and moved into the new pocket.

During this time we had also been in discussion with Brave Newbies[BRAVE], and they were talking about moving. Whats more is they were talking about moving near us, have a member base very similar to ours, and seemed a GREAT fit for our pilots. After a couple weeks of dunking Germans alone, the BRAVE plans were made public, and we joined the alliance. We had been holding our own easily against the Germans, killing 3 fold more than we were losing. However this new alliance presented eager noobs with some targets, and a few days later, we took down 6 undefended German structures (4 POS and 2 POCOs). This was an unexpected turn, we had not planed on attacking structures for some time, but we jumped at the opportunity.

And that leads us to today. 5 months after creation we sit, living in NPC nullsec, BRAVE living nearby in lowsec. Plenty of PvP, expanding industrial strength, and an active member base who I hope are having a blast! BRAVE has provided us with endless fun fleets going all hours of the day, and our home always has PvP opportunities. We're integrating into the BRAVE structure while maintaining a strong, independent community corp for Giant Bomb members. This will give us expanding opportunities for all different professions within EVE. Join up today and give it a shot!

-Teya Ihara: El Tey, Director, Diplo, Terrible at EVE, Associate "Kink of the Garbage"

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing overview of the corp's history up until now, Teya. I hope we continue to build upon this and that I'm around for all of it. Keep on truckin', duders. o7

Avatar image for deactivated-62fae2132a6ff
    deactivated-62fae2132a6ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@renahzor: I've been contemplating this for a while now. But you've just convinced me to sub up and join you guys :)

Valle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

o/ bombers!

Been playing eve for many years, just decided to quit my current corp in favor of Kite Co, and a vivid corp channel.

My toon is named VNX, i just applied.

Best,

VNX

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#507  Edited By Brackynews

@renahzor: I'm pretty damn sure that deserves to be put on an Evelopedia wiki page. Fine work sir. :D

And I look forward to shooting you soon during an E-UNI / Brave brawl! woot

I'll be sure to bring my Mining Barge. ;) Full suicide glory indeeeed! *\o/*

Valle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#508  Edited By Valle

Hi, applied 11 days ago but have not heard anything, have i missed to do something or is people only still on vacation? All the best, VNX

BenLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Join the giantbombing chat channel, not sure if any of the corp leadership checks this topic much but I know they idle in there.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#510  Edited By LassieME

@valle: Yeah, we've tried to catch you when you're on for a convo, but I'll just send you an ingame mail.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@valle: Sry we havent been able to catch you while online for a quick convo, sent you a mail today.

Valle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lassieme: Hi! Just read the mail, thanks alot. Been on my alt trading mostly, just a few quick logins to update skills ;)

Nice to hear from you,

Best, VNX

CannedBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513  Edited By CannedBread

I've come down with the itch to play this again, I've applied as Breadcan in game.

zecriah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders,

I have officially started to play and I've been loving every minute of it so far. My in game name is Dash O'Rendarr.

I'm in the giantbombing channel in game.

Boywonder03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zecriah: WELCOME DUDER!

Once you get set up, speak to Lassie Tivianne in game!

citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey folks! I just resub'd to EVE Online! Been playing on and off for about 3 years or so and was wondering if any of you giantbombers were still in game doing space stuff! I'm looking to join a corp and re-establish myself so message me here or in game if anythings going on pleeeaaasseeee. My name in game is: Citizenjp1989

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenjp: Join the "giantbombing" channel in game. That's where all of the duders hang out from all sorts of different corps/alliances. From there you can try and get in contact with a recruiter. See you in game duder.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518  Edited By kinggiddra

Don't hesitate to speak up either. It feels like there's a few duders that log in, but don't say anything. Don't be shy!

We're all duders.

aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519  Edited By aceofspudz

Just thought I'd post here to let everyone who browses this thread that KiteCo is still a threat. This thread and the GB eve forum makes it seem like the GB effort in EVE has tapered, but this is not true. The corp has its own forum, has a mumble, runs deep every night in nullsec with an alliance and they're all really cool and helpful.

So if you're reading this, don't hesitate to hop in.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#520  Edited By fattony12000

I still haven't signed up for EVE Online.

Been meaning to for about half a decade, now.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll be here whenever you're ready!

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I've been getting the urge to play this again. How's the corp going? I gotta admit last time I was playing it got pretty old having to up and move to system after system. I think it happened at least 4 times and I always had to get there on my own because I couldn't be on during the move times.

I also realize that I've probably forgotten 70% of all the stuff I learnt in eve.

aceofspudz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been getting the urge to play this again. How's the corp going? I gotta admit last time I was playing it got pretty old having to up and move to system after system. I think it happened at least 4 times and I always had to get there on my own because I couldn't be on during the move times.

I also realize that I've probably forgotten 70% of all the stuff I learnt in eve.

I joined up a few days ago and I'm impressed with the level of shit-togetherness of the GB Corp. They have their eye on the Fun ball and have staked out a position in nullsec.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524  Edited By kinggiddra

@metal_mills said:

We haven't moved since then. There was a small move that was just one system over, but other than that it's been the same 1-2 systems for the last 6 months or so. We're always ready to take back old duders into the fold.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525  Edited By fattony12000

@fattony12000 said:

But I'm scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaared!

Vikkiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kite Co. is still a threat! We're always hoping for new and returning duders and there's always something to do. Whether it's small gang pvp/pve with Kite in null sec or bigger fleets with the rest of the alliance in low sec, there is no shortage of glorious explosions to be had. Don't let EVE intimidate you, we've got a whole bunch of cool duders that want to help!

Start that trial account! Renew that subscription! Pack your space bags and roll out because we NEVER STOP TRUCKING.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinggiddra said:

@fattony12000 said:

Prepare to die!

Sip that Estus flask and undock, brother!

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528  Edited By jesterroyal

@fattony12000 said:

@kinggiddra said:

@fattony12000 said:

Prepare to die!

Do you know what they say about fear? Fear is a choice.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinggiddra said:

@fattony12000 said:

@kinggiddra said:

@fattony12000 said:

Prepare to die!

Do you know what they say about fear? Fear is a choice.

Remember that time you regretted doing that thing that led to ships dying? No? Neither do I.

Go beyond death.

Loading Video...

dronethrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello fellow space entrepreneurs,

My name is Drew and I am new to EVE. It all seems a bit daunting to tell the truth and I do not really know where to start. I would love to join Kite Co. and any tips or advice for a new player would be greatly appreciated. I know that this is the best community out there and I can't wait to start exploring space with you all. By the way my in-game name is Drone Throne.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my in-game name is Drone Throne.

I think you'll fit right in.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533  Edited By jesterroyal

@dronethrone: Hey duder. Do the tutorials and try to absorb as much as you can from them. They will help you get used to the interface. Also, join the in game channel Giantbombing and chat with other duders. Ill try to reach out to ya soon (its time for bed now, though). But there's plenty of people willing to help you out there.

Edit.. Strange doublepost that I cant delete... Hrm.. Sorry about that =D

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't emphasize how important it is to get in chat! Communicate with us!

loremiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup everybody!

I've been a bit back and forth with EVE for a few years now, but I think knowing that I'll have a community to actually play the game with will help me stick around after I get lost. So back to it I guess!

I'll edit this once I figure out what to name my new pilot :P

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders! I'm going to start playing EVE. Just updating my client now.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders! I'm going to start playing EVE. Just updating my client now.

Awesome. Hop in the giantbombing channel in game and be sure to say hello!

SadisticWOlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538  Edited By SadisticWOlf

PREPARE THINE SELF.

LordoftheHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting again too!. Wheeeeee!

sowingshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this is the moment of truth. I'm finally going to take the plunge and play this game. If I die, I die.

Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this is the moment of truth. I'm finally going to take the plunge and play this game. If I die, I die.

My thoughts as well. Will join tomorrow. See you in space comrades!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys ever going to let dust players join?

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543  Edited By Renahzor

@devil240z: @marnox: @stratesfear: @lordofthehills: Be sure to join the "Giantbombing" chat channel in-game, we have a good handful of new folks in there already this week. Also someone in there can probably answer any questions you might have. As an aside I know our corp had a small roam last night that ended in a really fun fight, letting some very new players get some nullsec kills (and losses) and a good time!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=21749448

As far as the DUST 514 players, there was a separate corp for that. Unfortunately until something changes with DUST/EVE interaction its unlikely we'll have Dust players in the corp. However, you should still be able to join our chat channel in-game to BS a bit if you want!

Polekat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I may take another plunge in the eve pool!

oversteps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Installed EVE yesterday. I attempted the plunge a few years ago, but something felt limited to me. This time, it'll be with the Giant Bomb crew. Looking forward to jumping in tonight!

sowingshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renahzor said:

@devil240z: @marnox: @stratesfear: @lordofthehills: Be sure to join the "Giantbombing" chat channel in-game, we have a good handful of new folks in there already this week. Also someone in there can probably answer any questions you might have.

I was in there yesterday; I was pleased to see that it was fairly active.

My in-game name is Kronos Briareus, if anyone cares to know.

Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just applied to be a trucker. Hope there is room.
    Pinetree Hollow is my alias.

Bobafeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played a couple years ago. Ready to hop back in. Hopefully with you cool duders at Kite Co.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549  Edited By Devil240Z

@renahzor: What has to change exactly? I'm just curious cause I don't know much about eve other than the crazy stories. And the eve related stuff in dust makes no sense to me.

I just want to be on the team! I mean its not like I could do any harm. plus wouldn't you guys want to be on the ground floor when Dust/eve integration gets more meaningful?

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renahzor: What has to change exactly? I'm just curious cause I don't know much about eve other than the crazy stories. And the eve related stuff in dust makes no sense to me.

I just want to be on the team! I mean its not like I could do any harm. plus wouldn't you guys want to be on the ground floor when Dust/eve integration gets more meaningful?

DUST is a different game with connections to EVE. The set of tools DUST players have access to are incredibly limited. Allowing any DUST players into a corp that isn't specifically DUST related is a security risk no one is willing to take.

If you have interest in EVE, I would suggest trying the game out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.