Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Giant Bomb EVE Corp and Community - New duders welcome!

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By Nentisys

Good to hear you guys actually did PVP! Next time go to 0.0, NPC Delve is a great place for small fights. Also rifters are horribly bad in the current t1 meta :)

I guess I could put one of my bomber alts into the corp so I could roam with you guys occasionally.

A word of caution about the giantbombing channel though, 90% of the people there are either new players or dudes who have never left hisec (and thus dont know shit about pvp meta or pvp mechanics). I see tons of bad advice there every day!

btw, im SerratedX/Miss Insanity there.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Downloading now!

No Caption Provided

I'm scared!

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I am not smart enough for EVE, just aimlessly flew round looking into space.

Skithus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Skithus

If any of you younger miners want some ore refined in Mani I'll do it free of charge, 0% waste and 3.5% corp tax.

Just contact Thaddius T'vain

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By kinggiddra

2013.03.02 @ 0000: [ROAM] Video Thing

Information
    Link - http://www.giantbomb.com/eve-online/3030-14447/forums/giantbomb-corporation-and-community-new-duders-wel-569155/#75
    When - 2013.03.02 @ 0000
    What - This was a training OP and roam into Querious.
    Where - Seil and Efa
    Why - This was an attempt to get some new duders into PVP.

https://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=759407

The OP started at approximately 23:00 EVE time and the majority of time until 00:00 was spent in preparation. It took a significant amount of time to set up mumble for many people on the fleet and I did not anticipate this. At least one member was kicked from the fleet due to the lack of mumble setup. The next fleet should have more than one hour allocated to getting voice communications working.

At 23:30 I began handing out ships to fleet members that joined mumble. About 90% of the fleet had mumble working so we waited an extra 15 minutes for the rest of the fleet to join. At 23:45 I had everyone undock and we practiced navigating as a fleet. After reaching a planet in system, we organized overview settings for a couple of members of the fleet and went over basic UI settings. At 00:00 we departed from Seil and practiced fleet maneuvers on the way to Efa.

At 00:30 we arrived in Efa and warped to the sun. The roam had originally planned to move through Querious for some fleet combat, but I received intel that there was a sufficient gatecamp in 3-F. We paused in Efa to receive a crash course in combat tactics. Jay Remmington was volunteered to act as our training target and Pronounceable served as an example for the fleet. We quickly brushed over basic tackling strategies, but I was unable to sufficiently explain spiraling towards the enemy in the time we were allotted. Each module got a quick explanation on the rifter before I was informed a fleet was approaching our location.

I executed an emergency wing warp to a random celestial while we waited for the fleet to enter Efa. Djorgo volunteered for baiting the enemy fleet, so I had him warp back to the Sun at 100km and fly directly up. I caught a Stabber Fleet Issue on d-scan and decided to warp the entire fleet back to the sun. We warped within 20km of the SFI and I ordered the fleet to engage that ship. We pelted it for about 20 seconds before a second fleet landed on grid.

The second fleet consisted of two cruisers, two destroyers, and assorted frigates. They landed approximately 20km from us so I ordered the fleet to continue damaging the SFI and ignore everything else on grid. At this point we started suffering losses every five seconds. I was killed and taken off the field once the SFI reached half armor. The fleet that held the field, kept us abreast of the situation, and managed to finish off the last bit of structure on the SFI.

https://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=759317

Once killed I ordered the fleet to warp to random celestials and wait out criminal timers. I had us reconvene in a neighboring system and ordered the fleet to head back to Seil where we stood down.

Originally I had organized a skirmish battle in Querious with the aforementioned cruiser fleet. Our fleet had dragged late due to mumble issues, so the cruiser fleet had ended up getting to 3-F before us. I received intel about the gatecamp, so we decided to stage our battle in Efa. The gatecamp in 3-F realized we were in the neighboring system and sent their SFI to clean us up. It was quite nice to see some emergent gameplay in our very first roam. Everyone in fleet was attentive and followed directions for the duration of the OP, which was awesome. In the end, we were able to take down a very expensive deadspace fit SFI with a group of rifters.

Kezxo was able to grab a picture of our battle mid fight:

No Caption Provided

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By therealnelsk

So this is going on right now

No Caption Provided

Kite Co. Space Trucking descending upon the belts!

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By kinggiddra

I'm thinking of what kind of ships I want to encourage pilots to train for combat, but I'm still not 100% sure where I want to start focusing. For at least the next week I'd like everyone that's interested in combat to work on their support skills for the rifter that we've been using. It's a very safe bet to stay with that ship for a bit and then further train into a thrasher. These two ships are really great and super cheap. All of the skills we trained for our rifters will directly transfer into a thrasher, so all you really need to do is work on getting destroyers trained.

I'm considering moving us into caracals later on, though. For any pilots interested in healing, electronics warfare, or dedicated tackling I'm also working on plans for that. I'll post more info as soon as I make a decision.

Jimy_Lamisters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Jimy_Lamisters

Hello all - I'm a new member - you may know me now as Stewarto in EVE. I figured I should join GB if I'm going to be in a GB corp. I'm a friend of Djorgo's (don't know his GB name) from other parts of the internet, and he invited me.

I'm totally a "veteran" EVE player, but really not at all (my account is 6 years old but I only played off and on for less than a year total). Looking forward to frequent ops/pvp if we can keep it up. The turn-out has been good so far, and I'm impressed with the way its being managed!

@kinggiddra said:

For any pilots interested in healing, electronics warfare, or dedicated tackling I'm also working on plans for that. I'll post more info as soon as I make a decision.

I already have some EWAR skills that I was training from years ago, so I'd be interested in that.

tamriilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By tamriilin

Looking to get into the Giantbomb corp. Tamkins is my name in-game.

dutfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing EVE for a few months, doing pretty much the same stuff as Dave - scanning, exploring, mining, basically pottering about on my own in high sec.

I've no real experience with PvP, aside from being on the receiving end a few times, so looking forward to joining up with you guys.

I'm Kayl Gabbiadini in-game.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@kinggiddra: I've used your referral to get the 21 day trial, i will let you know my details as soon as i get logged in as the client is downloading slower than i expected.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buft: Awesome! I won't be on EVE till much later today due to a previous engagement, but make sure to join the "giantbombing" channel (not giantbomb!). The guys in there should be able to help you.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By Scotto

I've got a Mumble server that isn't being used for anything at the moment - I'd be glad to let Kite Co. Space Trucking use it. Let me know, and I'll a) modify the server name/channels, and b) make sure the necessary people have high-level permissions on it.

The server was previously used by the Giant Bomb SWTOR Empire-side guild, Kessler Run (operated by one Matt Kessler). We quit playing months ago, but the server is still operating. I renamed it for a Star Trek Online guild I joined, but they never used it.

EDIT: Removed Mumble server info due to security concerns. Information is currently on the MOTD for the public corp chat channel.

Send me a PM on here, or a mail in EVE (name is Scott Colson) letting me know if you want to use the server, and I'll make the changes. You can start utilizing it immediately if you want - there's currently no password. And feel free to broadcast the information, if you intend to use it. It holds (I believe) 40 people, but can be upped if need be. Kessler occasionally drops in, too.

I plan to join Kite Co. myself, but I currently have an application active to join EVE University (just started playing a month ago). So I'll either learn a few things there and join Kite Co. afterward, or say "fuck it" and just join Kite Co. in the near future. I'm interested in mining, and it isn't exactly rocket science anyway.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should also add that I'm currently skilling toward piloting an Orca - I've already got the ISK for it, and should have the necessary skills done in a couple of weeks. After that, I'll be able to help on corporation mining ops.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit, it's very tempting to go back to EVE. Played for quite a while - got a couple battleships and a handful of battlecruisers. But had a lot of trouble trying to get into PvP. Joined RvB, but had little to no fun because everyone pretty easily destroyed the best Frigate I could put together (Incursis with T2 weaponry, active armor tank, and MWD).

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Funkydupe

I suck at this game. I have a retriever and a badger from mining high sec. I can guess it has to be one of the more boring ways to spend time in EVE.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suck at this game. I have a retriever and a badger from mining high sec. I can guess it has to be one of the more boring ways to spend time in EVE.

Have you tried joining Kite Co. yet? It's just starting so now a great time to hop in. I'm not a big fan of mining either, so I don't do it! Your time in EVE is only as boring as you make it. If you want to try something go out there and do it! I'm organizing another fleet for sometime later this week. I think it'll be fun, so I hope you can make it.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By kinggiddra

I feel really bad for not getting to the ship post tonight. My various ~space jobs~ have kept my free time occupied putting out various fires. I have a nice post planned out that will summarize what ships we will use in a friendly format, but that won't come till later this week. In its stead I'll leave you guys with the source material to look over if you want a preview.

http://www.agony-unleashed.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Hydra_Principle

http://www.agony-unleashed.com/wiki/index.php?title=Recommended_Ship_Setups_for_BASIC

Those will serve as a basis for what I'll be doing going forward. If you get confused by any of it or overwhelmed I'll be breaking down those guides and taking out the parts that won't apply to us.

I'm also finalizing our next sparring partner. More info will be available in the coming days!

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was having some computer problems so wasn't able to join the last couple of days. Hope it's stable for now.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Ain’t No Gang Doctrine

Kite Co. is built on the backs of its bright-eyed and bushy-tailed brand new duders. As such, we don’t have the experience, the skill points, the wallets, or the sense to shy away from fighting. What we do have are crazy good looks and determination. I’ve previously thrown around the idea of pushing us into battlecruisers and cruisers, but this is a terrible idea for innumerable reasons. We need to learn to play videogames before we make cynical youtube videos about them. Our new best friends for the foreseeable future will be frigates. Frigates of all shapes and sizes.

Our first roam was a group of plain old rifters. You guys saw first hand the power of a bunch of brand new players. We successfully decimated a very expensive ship piloted by someone with more SP than our entire fleet combined. The rifters we used were each exactly the same. They had guns, a microwarp drive, a scrambler, and a damage control. What that means is that we may have had 20 duders scrambling that guy, but realistically we only needed two or three to keep that guy in place. Our fleets in the future will focus on efficiency and distribution of support across a fleet.

A Crash Course in Support

The ships we’ve piloted thus far have focused on dealing damage and tackling (scrambling). Tackling another ship is a form of support, but not the only form of support. There are many different kinds including jamming, tracking disrupting, target painting, and webbing. Focusing an entire fleet on one type ensures that it will get done, but you will lack various other forms of support. Going forward we will be distributing all forms of support across our fleet.

Frigates are cheap, but quite fragile ships. Distribution of support across a fleet will allow us to engage more targets and stronger targets. For instance, placing three tracking disruptors on a cruiser we’re engaging can drop its damage to such a significant amount that it may not be able to kill its target. The caveat to this fleet is that requires some amount of prep work by our volunteers and requires a bit more effort on the part of our individual pilots. I have plenty of faith our duders can handle the task, though.

For the next few days individual pilots should look at training each basic support skill to one.

Support Skills
    Electronics Warfare
    Propulsion Jamming
    Sensor Linking
    Target Painting
    Weapon Disruption

Beyond everyone fitting support modules, I’d like to keep our fleets somewhat diverse. We’ll be stocking many different ships (including rifters). Each ship will be fit for the most part minus a support module. Once our fleets are formed we will distribute support modules to the fleet. For any members that want to specialize in support we will have a few slots open for ships dedicated entirely to those roles.

Ships of the LineRace
    PunisherAmarr
    TormenterAmarr
    KestrelCaldari
    MerlinCaldari
    IncursusGallente
    TristanGallente
    BreacherMinmatar
    RifterMinmatar
    Specialized SupportRace
    CrucifierAmarr
    GriffinCaldari
    MaulusGallente
    VigilMinmatar

I’ll be adding to this guide and updating it over time. Let’s kill some duders!

thecreambun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just re-activated my account. Looking forward to flying with you duders:)

Jimy_Lamisters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screenshot from our impromptu 10-man roam last night. That Raven must have been so annoyed by us probably maybe

No Caption Provided

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By kinggiddra

Going forward I'd really like to have a couple of duders interested in working the markets or manufacturing to start procuring supplies for our ship programme. I love doing stuff with Kite Co., but I only have so much time. I've had a little trouble finding the time to collect the materials for our ~outing~ this week. Regardless, I'll be doing our next roam today (2013-03-09) during the afternoon USTZ (1800-2359). I have other ~spacejobs~ that need work to be done before I can have some fun with you guys, so it'll depend on how fast I get work done. We may or may not have a practice partner, but either way I'll find us something to kill. I hope you guys can make it!

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By mrflibble

@kinggiddra: I'm working on getting all of the planetary interaction skills, though it looks like I'll need to use my alts to get anything significant out of it. Hopefully some of the resources from that will be useful. I know how to make fuel for a POS but not sure what else can be made. I've been reading guides and watching youtube videos, hopefully I'll get something useful out of it.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going forward I'd really like to have a couple of duders interested in working the markets or manufacturing to start procuring supplies for our ship programme. I love doing stuff with Kite Co., but I only have so much time. I've had a little trouble finding the time to collect the materials for our ~outing~ this week. Regardless, I'll be doing our next roam today (2013-03-09) during the afternoon USTZ (1800-2359). I have other ~spacejobs~ that need work to be done before I can have some fun with you guys, so it'll depend on how fast I get work done. We may or may not have a practice partner, but either way I'll find us something to kill. I hope you guys can make it!

I'm currently skilling towards piloting an Orca, after which I'll be glad to help manage mining ops. Just dropped the 770 million ISK on the ship itself tonight, though I'm still about a week and a half from being able to fly it.

After that, we should get a group together to do some heavy duty mining, and a ship or two to haul it to station.

Also, don't forget we've still got a Mumble server to help co-ordinate stuff. I don't see the server details on our MOTD any more, so some might not be aware of it.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Just wanted to say that I'm Cypherlith in the game. If you aren't in the Corp yet, what are you waiting for?

Jimy_Lamisters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Jimy_Lamisters

Reminder that there will be a roam out of Seil tonight at 2400 (~2 hours from the time of this post).

alexslime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By alexslime

PVP AAR

So the Op Went Pretty Great

After some small troubles buying the ships we needed (the corp now has 15 frigates sitting in pirate space) we all managed to un-dock (except for Jay who was getting his hurricane because he's a show off) and head for null.

Once we were done waiting for Jay at the gate Stewarto our scout went through and said something about 16 or so people in local and a Manticore right across the gate (which I thought was some sort of industrial ship but apparently it's a stealth bomber) along with some other assorted ships.

everybody jumped into the system and started shooting at a Talos because it was the closest ship at the time.

it went down super quick, some ships warped out, some ships warped in, and we chased and took out a Tornado that was just sort of burning away from us.

after that we were going to go back for the Manticore when another Talos Warped in right next to us so we shot it and blew it up.

I can't really tell the story all that well after that because the second Talos managed to take out my frigate, but I guess everybody who was left managed to take down a Hurricane before they lost their ships too.

while we were burning back to Seil, folks on the roam started looking at killmails and figured out that the Manticore that we let live was probably being chased by the guys we blew up when we ran into them.

The jerk Manticore pilot took advantage of the situation by stealing our corp's rightfully earned last hits.

Anyway The Roam was awesome, we managed to blow up something like 400 mil worth of stuff for only 100 mil worth of stuff (most of which was ammo in Jay's cargo hold) and after about two weeks of playing EVE I got to Fleet Command for the first time (it's mostly just shouting ship names I guess? we need more FC's so we can do more ops guys)

here's the four kills in no particular order

Kill, Kill2, Kill3, kill4

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexslime: Awesome! As you can see, no prior experience and not a huge time investment to have fun. I hope some more duders get inspired from this.

gnu2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Dave gave us a mention on last night's TNT (15/03/13), and I put some screenshots over it...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for freakinoutanames
    Freakinoutanames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinggiddra: I actually managed to plex after only paying for the game once, just off of mining. I do have the advantage of having an active internet connection all day however. So working or whatever my ship can do it's thing. Makes me between 50 and 80 Million ISK a day depending on how easily and quickly I can reactivate my strip miners.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By kinggiddra

This Ain't No Gang 2: Kinetic Boogaloo

Our first TANG roam didn't go as smoothly as planned, so for now I'd decided to focus the doctrine a bit more on the ewar front. We're going to be focusing on sensor dampening, specifically targeting range.

[Rifter, TANG]
    Damage Control I Tracking Enhancer I Type-D Altered SS Nanofiber I
    Experimental 1MN Afterburner I Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
    250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I, EMP S 250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I, EMP S 250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I, EMP S [empty high slot]
    Small Projectile Burst Aerator I Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I [empty rig slot]
    [Merlin, TANG]
    Damage Control I  Micro Auxiliary Power Core I  Magnetic Field Stabilizer I
    Experimental 1MN Afterburner I J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I X5 Prototype Engine Enervator Small Supplemental Barrier Emitter I
    150mm 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon, Antimatter Charge S 150mm 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon, Antimatter Charge S 150mm 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon, Antimatter Charge S
    Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I [empty rig slot]
    [Kestrel, TANG]
    Damage Control I 200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
    Experimental 1MN Afterburner I J5 Prototype Warp Disruptor I Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
    'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Scourge Rocket 'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Scourge Rocket 'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Scourge Rocket 'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Scourge Rocket
    Small Bay Loading Accelerator I Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I [empty rig slot]
    [Slasher, TANG]
    Damage Control I Local Hull Conversion Overdrive Injector I
    J5 Prototype Warp Disruptor I Experimental 1MN Afterburner I Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
    250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I, Phased Plasma S 250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I, Phased Plasma S 250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I, Phased Plasma S [empty high slot]
    Small Projectile Locus Coordinator I Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I [empty rig slot]

This will form the bulk of the fleet. The Punisher and Incursus will be available upon request, but members are encouraged to fly the above ships. The aforementioned support ships will serve an integral, albeit space limited role. They will be reserved for pilots that fit their own ships (with supplied materials) confident in their ability to fly said ships.

Jimy_Lamisters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're focusing on damps why no Maulus?

KalAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By KalAl

I just signed up for the 21 day trial under your invite, @kinggiddra. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing but I'm progressing slowly and surely through the tutorials. I'll apply to the Corp as soon as I can figure out how lol.

Is the chat channel still "giantboming", or is that a typo? Should it be "giantbombing"?

Oh, btw I'm Desmond Antillier in game.

IonicSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick Industry Guide

Hey, duders! To help any aspiring industrialists in filling my corp contracts, I thought I would write up a quick industry guide!

We'll take a look at my EMP S contracts. They're asking for 5,000 units of EMP S each, so you'll need that many charges.

First off, you'll want a blueprint. That means an EMP S Blueprint for this contract. You'll be able to find a BPO (Blueprint Original) on the market and it shouldn't be too expensive. Blueprint Originals can have an unlimited number of production runs made from them.

Got it? Good. Now you'll need the materials for those blueprints. Right-click on your blueprint and

Show Info

, then click "Bill Of Materials" and you'll see something like this:

No Caption Provided

This page tells you exactly what you'll need to produce one run of your good. You can get all these minerals by refining ores found in hi-sec; veldspar for tritanium, scordite for pyerite, and pyroxeres for nocxium. If you take a look at the "Attributes" tab, you'll see that one run of EMP S produces 100 units.

No Caption Provided

Once you've got all your materials, we need somewhere to make all this ammo! Click on the "Science and Industry" button on the station panel.

No Caption Provided

The Science and Industry window should pop up. We're looking for installations with open manufacturing slots, so go to the "Installations" tab. Since we're looking for a place to do our manufacturing, you'll want to search for "Manufacturing" slots.

Your panel should look something like this. Note the settings in the dropdown menu at the top. This is searching for
    Your panel should look something like this. Note the settings in the dropdown menu at the top. This is searching for "Manufacturing" slots in my "Current Station" when docked at Mani 7 - 10.

From here, you can select an installation to install your job at. Click on one, then click the "Install Job" button that appears in the bottom-left. You may not be able to find an open slot in your station, so you can either select an installation which has a queue and your job will start when space is available, or you can widen your search.

You will be asked to pick a blueprint to run from. You will want to select your EMP S blueprint, since that's what we're producing. You can also select your input and output hangars, but you will likely only have "My hangar" as an option. Enter how many runs you want it to produce, then click "OK." Remember that for EMP S, one run is 100 units. Pressing "OK" here does not finalize the production.

You will be presented with a screen telling you how much of each material will be required, how much of each you have, and how much you are missing (if you do not have enough). It will also tell you how long it will take and how your skills are affecting the production.

Hit "Accept Quote" and there you go! You're producing EMP S!

My guide only covers the very basics of production. There is a lot more to industry in EVE, but I hope that this guide can help you out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mattisen Arcanth ingame!

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

So we did a prearranged fight with some dudes this was the result

https://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=789855

If you can't decipher that basically the stuff on the left is what we killed and the stuff on the right is what we lost. The range dampeners worked their magic apparently as they were unable to focus fire on us.

opp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By opp

Hello I'd like to join the corp as well. In game name is Ohp Pi.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opp said:

Hello I'd like to join the corp as well. In game name is Ohp Pi.

Look up "Mishirosen" in game - he's our CEO. You'll also need to apply to join the corp in game.

Uranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gnu2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By gnu2000
    No Caption Provided

A few screenies from last night's mining op:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks intense, but no one is at their computer when those were taken. :D

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#142 sweep  Moderator

I haven't played for 6 months, it's time to refresh my hatred for Eve Online! Installing it now.

Also, while I'm here, I stickied this thread to the Eve Online board and changed the thread title from Giantbomb to Giant Bomb.

x

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Sanity

So im thinking of giving this a go, will download the client tonight if i can and see what its all about...

@sweep: You stickied this on the General Discussion board, which is cool by me as thats how i saw it but im guessing that was unintended.

IonicSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By IonicSquid

PvP AAR

After a couple delays and mishaps forming up, we formed up for a PvP roam tonight. Undeterred by Sweep not being able to (or choosing not to!) hear orders over voice comms, we warped in, ready to fight. Hostiles warped in as well and the fight was on! Largely crippled by electronic warfare our opponents started dropping before we knew it. As the dust settled, we realized that we hadn't lost a single ship; a combination of great focus fire and Mishirosen's diligent logistics (healing) kept us alive through the fight!

At this point, it was getting late for some of our European members, so I gave the command to jump back into highsec. We would've made it out without losing any ships if I hadn't forgotten that I was flagged as a criminal and gotten exploded by CONCORD immediately upon jumping. Oh well.

All in all, great roam, guys! We took down the enemy fleet and got out (more or less) without a scratch! I couldn't have asked for a better result.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By kinggiddra

Kite Co.: Looking Towards the Future

Since Kite Co.'s inception we've had only a couple of corp activities involving roams and light industry. We've seen a slight attrition of the older members, which isn't wholly unexpected, but we'd like to energize the corp. As such, we're looking to crowdsource some ideas for what our duders find interesting. Are you interested in enrolling in Factional Warfare and fighting for an Empire? Do you want to know what lies inside Wormholes? Is heavy industry something that piques your interest? Let us know!

Leave a reply with something that you want to do in EVE and we'll get to work finding stuff for duders to do.

DCam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logged in again just now after 4.5 years not playing one character and 7 years not playing the other. Going back in to the character creator again, but even more complex, was a shock to the system. :)

I am interested in PvP roams, and also in exploring wormhole space. Next time, I'll hopefully have more time in-game and can join the Corp. I am Gip Siparti or Frokar in-game.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see us take on a bigger project, like setting up a POS, and working down some heavier industrial paths. Nothing energizes people like having a longer-term goal to work towards. And, of course, continuing to do group activities and stuff during the week.

Jimy_Lamisters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Jimy_Lamisters

Setting up a POS, maybe trying a real gate camp...I'm fine with doing these roams too as long as people keep showing up.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Sanity

Decided to get game time as they were running a offer, 30 bucks for 90 days so i guess im all in on this and am gonna try to learn this madness. Im Creepy Crawlies in game.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#150  Edited By ZombiePie

So war were declared, huh? Good Luck and Have Batman!

Also Patrick and other community members have been informed about about your new "situation"...hopefully that helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.