Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Giant Bomb EVE Corp and Community - New duders welcome!

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wish I could've made that but it was a bit too early for me. There's always next time and, hopefully, some Corporate fleets coming up.

MaximusArtimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started today, my name is Happy Ducky Koraka, so yeah whatever that means :)

hazzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By hazzor

I applied, played not too long ago, got mining skills up and am flying a retriever at the moment and am training refining up, would like to get into industry

chaosmonkeyx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By chaosmonkeyx13

Hi everyone, giving this a try as well and going through the tutorials now. Name in game is Saren en Daire.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By mr_creeper
    jjacobsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am Lehovron in the game. I like to blow shit up.

I played eve for a couple of months for the first time in 2010... got sucked into a small corporation that could get something going with like 5-7 people once a fortnight and that got boring kinda fast. So, hoping for more stupid stuff happening this time around :)

FluidLung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#307  Edited By FluidLung

Thought i would try my hand again at eve with some fellow Giant Bombers my name is FluidLung Jaynara. Cant wait to have some fun.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god haven't found the time to get started properly. Ugh work suuuuucks.

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I downloaded the demo on Steam, I think I'm finally gonna give EVE a chance on these days.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I also downloaded the trial version and applied to the group. My name on there is like Matt Matatat or something like that.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I applied ingame as Pazy Vendron, going to give it a proper start tomorrow and try and be a miner :)

Valle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hi bombers, i have been playing eve on and off for probably 7-8 years or so. I'm thinking it would be fun to join your ranks since I'm mostly roaming w-space alone in a stealth bomber. Although I'm always loyal to corp/alliance i cant say i earn my iskies in a very honest way.. I'm therefore wondering if a wh pirate would be welcome? Hell, someone might even be interested in a nuclear submarine course ;)

Avaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tonight's activites from my perspective:

Recently, we were declared war upon by a corporation named "i do whats i want to do". The only kills in this war so far had been one Nikita Romeo consistently taking out our defenseless miners, doing their pacifist day's work. This, we knew, we could not abide.

Earlier in the day, a small t1 frigate roam went out to test the waters, and were annihilated. Our enemy was not weak. Our enemy was not stupid.

Later in the evening, the call went out. We were to form a bait fleet, with miners in one system, and a fighter wing in the next. The plans were laid, and Nikita did come near, but it was known he has at least 1 alt character that is not in the corporation and as such does not appear as a war target to us. He seemed to know the trap was laid. We attempted a chase, with mining ships leading the way to hopefully attract his attention. This did not work, and he claimed a few lives (including my own) as we tussled across various systems, being stretched thin by his devious maneuvers. Those killed hopped in new ships and returned to the fray.

It was then, I noticed a change in the fleet. We began to work as a unit, telling each other where we were at any time, and where the target was spotted. We adapted to his tactics, and instead of all bumbling forward in a direction, we fanned out, and waited for backup upon contacting the enemy. As we coalesced into a real fighting force, we nipped at his heels and nearly destroyed him once. He escaped to a station and admitted to us, he was "in panic mode on that one."

He continued to drag us along system to system. We ambushed him outside stations; He kited us, re-docked, undocked and warped away. We brawled him at gates; He burned his afterburners and jumped through, bouncing from planet to station to stargate. As he jumped through one gate, I loaded in and saw him burning away from the gate, about 30km out. I didn't think anyone else was through the gate, and I considered my options. I knew he was trying to bait a smaller engagement where he could pop one or two of us, then run away again. But the whole wing was coming through the gate in about 15 seconds, due in no small part to our recent cohesion. I sprinted off the gate and feared the fleet would arrive before I could scramble his warp drives, but then I heard the most glorious thing in the Eve universe.

"He's fighting me. I've got him scrambled." LASSIE YOU BEAUTIFUL SONOFABITCH. As I had sat cloaked at the gate weighing my options, one Lassie Tivianne was already burning at the enemy fearlessly. As I arrived with a second point, the fleet jumped into the system, and all bets were off. Nikita was a fucking pitbull. He flew that ship so hard I couldn't stay on him using normal orbit and had to manually turn to keep the damn scrambler in range. Our net closed, webs and scramblers and disruptors tightening the vice. He wanted the fuck out, but KITE CO. SPACE TRUCKING SAID NO. His shields and armor and structure fell, filling crimson bars as his chances faded. Our mission was complete. It was such an intense battle, we even forgot to scoop the loot for about 10 minutes.

Fuck yes, space truckers. Truck the fuck on.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaren: You managed to make this kill all the sweeter with this epic retelling.

Wish I hadn't logged off just before this all went down! Great job, Kite Co. Keep at 'em.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@avaren: Thank you so much for writing that up, made my day reading through it all.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

I'm reinstalling EVE for the first time in 3 years.

You monsters, what have you done to me?

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@avaren: After the nearly 3-hour manhunt preceding that battle I'm really proud to be on that kill-mail. One hell of a first PvP fleet experience definitely.

jjacobsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaren: That was a epic read! Great job! This post should go out on the corp mail imho....

gnu2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a member of the previous team, I would like to congratulate everyone for avenging us so handily - awesome stuff!

Beaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've sent my application. I'm new to the game and I'm looking forward to participating.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kinggiddra: Hey duder, I ended up subbing using your extended trial link. My character is Sub Starasque in game. Would love that half of the item value so I can get myself off of the ground.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

What have I done? Installing the trial now.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just applied in game (Maverick Olovinas is character name and cbarnes86 is account name)

swimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders! Just joined the corp as Aldrick Charante. Looking forward to space trucking with you all!

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#325  Edited By newhaap

I've been playing again for a few days (fifth time getting back into EVE now). Char name is Aran Kuroniji and planning to get his sister Arin Kuroniji started also once I'm done with the career tutorials.

aaronjreeves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By aaronjreeves

@kinggiddra: Hey Tomiko Kawase, I signed up for a trial under your name and just upgraded it to a full account! I really like the game and was going to start playing it regardless but figured I would help someone out in the progress. Someone from the corp told me to post here saying you would hook me up! I normally dont ask for hand outs so dont go overboard! :P my name is between buried in game just msg me whenever

littleemille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hello I'm looking to join up. My account is littleemille, character Majan Detris.

jjacobsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaah, "pro tip": don't type out your EVE account names. Just your character names. Account names just let's people try to guess/brute force your passwords.

timeforplanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey up, thinking of jumping in and trying some eve (and where better than with the bomb?). Anyone else playing on mac?

timeforplanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ask because my traditional go-to would be steam, but the 14 day trial is only on there for windows. It looks like mac users would have to buy the 19.99 deal for a month up front.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Dingofighter

Just applied with my character Macia Ambralle, hoping to truck with you in space soon!

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timeforplanz: Just go to their website for the trial, or follow one of the many buddy links on the forum here, you will not have a better time buying the game on steam before trying it out.

thecablekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This war just got interesting.... hopefully I will stop giving up so many kills.

aka Marcus T

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was my application to join the corp through Dust 514 rejected? I was under the impression that this was an open corp that welcomed new players.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By LassieME

@mrklorox: I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there is no benefit for EVE online players to have DUST players in the corp, other than to add to the confusion of the corp chat and have a much greater chance of having Intel posted in the corp channel, such as capital ship movements and fleet positions, leaked into a free to play game that anyone with a PS3 can make a character on.

You are more than welcome to hang out in the "giantbombing" channel and interact with the community there though, that's where a good part of the conversations take place anyway. I would recommend seeking out a dedicated DUST corp if you're going to join a corp with a DUST character at the moment, or alternatively make a GB DUST corp and do it that way.

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll start tonight to play some EVE, first time.

I'll see you duders in the giantbombing channel.

glass_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just started playing today, loving how friendly everyone is. : ) I'm Dexter Anacott in game. Excited to get into this game and spend my summer (and more, I'm sure) hanging out with you guys in space.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By newhaap

Aaah, "pro tip": don't type out your EVE account names. Just your character names. Account names just let's people try to guess/brute force your passwords.

Really? Geez thanks, edited mine :)

jjacobsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By jjacobsson

Last night (GMT) I had my first ever real PvP moment in EVE online. I played EVE some in 2010, but was in a much smaller corp of friendly people but we just never got anything going togheter and eventually I just got bored.

But this. Holy shit. I don't know how many of "us" there where chasing "shinobi shadow" all over Cat (yeah, there is a system named Cat). All I know is my pulse was what I used to get in a really intense game of StarCraft 2 as I was warping from point to point, half hoping he would be there so I could scramble him for the rest of the fleet and half hoping he wouldn't be there for fear that I would just crap my pants. At points I forgot to breathe.

I think I can see why (some) people play EVE more clearly now, and will defiantly be sticking around for a while this time around.

No Caption Provided

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this game a while back when it was on sale on steam. I played for a bit on my own, it got a bit boring after a while. Would joining a corporation make my experience more fun? Are there specific divisions I can join, like mining division or the military division?

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikoran: The community and the people is what makes this game fun, so joining a corp might help you have fun with the game. We don't have any divisions per say, but we do have people who join together in fleet to go out to mine or people who go on PvP roaming fleets. It will make EVE more fun, anything is better with friends and fellow Giant bombers.

ilogical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, just got back into EVE after a break, was looking for a sweet corp then I heard about this one from Patrick so i thought i'd hit you up, my characters name is iLogical

shinluis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By shinluis

Just got in, but no idea how to join corporations or anything like that. :(

skjeggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By skjeggen

Well patrick convinced me to get back into EVE. Probably gonna be joining the Giantbomb channel if that is cool :) I'm Cat Aylet in game! One thing I've learnt so far, just cause you managed to scan down a cool signature, doesn't mean you should charge headlong into it...:P

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By mr_creeper

Hey guys, it looks like we've got a couple people working on two different Wikis for the corp. One here and the other here. I know the first one is linked in the public chat channel, so perhaps we should consolidate the other into it?

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Patrick's coverage of the game and some of the stories one of my colleagues at work has told me about the game have convinced me to try it out, ive had a good experiance with the GB community playing The old Republic and Neverwinter so looking forward to getting online with you all.

RwGxPsYcHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright so I finally did it. I just finished making my guy, Rucks Wardent (I'm terrible with names), a few minutes ago. I have to see what this is all about at least once. My application to Kite Co. will be coming in as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Megshian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi! All the recent discussion about this game got me interested, so I'm trying it out. My name is Chie Guevara in game.

limpbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played EVE a little bit about 2 years back - and have for a long time wanted to get back into EVE.

Would there be any activity in the Corp. for Europeans? Or are ya'll based in the US, hence making it a bit hard to team up beside in the weekends?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.