Kite Co. anchors outpost, dedicates to Ryan Davis

#1 Posted by gnu2000 (56 posts) -

Today, months of planning and hard work (and a degree of hard gambling) bore fruit. Kite Co. anchored its first outpost in sov null space. Many corporations in EVE Online form and evaporate going nowhere near sov null and playing the game of Space-Thrones, but thanks to our firm friends in Voltron Squad with us, out to Brave Collective and the HERO Coalition as a whole we found our new home.

This was no small effort - more than 30 billion ISK and a month of construction time across multiple characters built our new home, to quote from our noble CEO's press release:

Today, our outpost was anchored successfully in W-MPTH, and on behalf of Kite Co. Space Trucking, I would like to dedicate it to the memory of Ryan Davis. Ryan Davis was a member of the Giant Bomb staff until his tragic death last year, and he is missed by many— to say his loss was terrible would be a horrendous understatement. Although this memorial may not last forever, I hope that it will be just one more reminder of Ryan and how incredible of a person he was.

7o, duder.

#2 Posted by Turambar (6847 posts) -

Giant Bomb New Eden - Ryan Davis

#3 Posted by Vikkiman (7 posts) -

7o beep beep

#4 Posted by bobrocks (22 posts) -

China don't care!

#5 Posted by BreakfastKing (119 posts) -

Every time I see an EVE post I want to try to get into EVE again. But man, I don't know if I'm up to the task. Great work though!

#6 Posted by LassieME (233 posts) -

I love Ryan Davis

#7 Posted by unlabledyogurt (2 posts) -

7o

#8 Posted by Renahzor (1000 posts) -

Thanks to Everyone in Kite Co for making it possible. This thing was no small undertaking, and seeing Mattisen stress about it for like the last month trying to coordinate moving the thing was great! Love, Ryan Davis. Though the station may some day be conquered and change hands and names, Kite Co will remember this as the spot we made a permanent mark on the EVE universe. o7

#9 Edited by MrMazz (1036 posts) -

That's awesome

Eve continues to be an insane oddity to me that I much rather look at than actually touch.

#10 Posted by Spartan117Tron (91 posts) -

7o Beep Beep

Miss you Ryan

#11 Posted by BenLuke (67 posts) -

Fuck, Ryan Davis.

We're sure to lose the station eventually, and the new owners can rename, but the station itself will stay forever unless CCP actually makes outposts destructible someday. It's cool to have a tangible artifact of Kite Co's affect on the Eve universe, no matter how small! :D

#12 Posted by Tondo (143 posts) -

Nice job guys. Good to see these kind of tributes to Ryan showing up in games.

#13 Edited by Forcen (1845 posts) -

I'm proud of you guys. :) Makes me want to join in again.

This time was fun:

#14 Posted by Renahzor (1000 posts) -

@forcen: One of my favorite Kite Co videos!

For reference on the outpost, 30B isk when we bought materials is about $600 worth of plex(game time cards). So cool to have a group that can pull this off all from the GB community. :D

#15 Edited by Hassun (1614 posts) -

Impressive memorial duders.

<>

#16 Edited by Spoonman671 (4751 posts) -

Wow. It's going to be kind of upsetting when some random guy having to answer the door for the pizza guy results in a massive, multi-fleet conflict that destroys the Ryan Davis.

EDIT: I just noticed that it's labeled "invulnerable". That's cool, but it would have been pretty funny if this thing got destroyed in a month or two.

#17 Posted by Renahzor (1000 posts) -

@spoonman671: With current mechanics, stations are never destroyed. They can be conquered and renamed(so it probably wont have this name forever), but not destroyed. There are hints that CCP wants to change it, but for now, this station will remain until something major changes. It is only "invulnerable" until some other steps are taken to allow the station to be attackable!

#18 Edited by Marokai (3114 posts) -

Perhaps I'll try to sneak over there to take a peek at it in that system just to say I was there.

#19 Posted by Boywonder03 (25 posts) -

7o, Kite Co best Co. Ryan Davis best Ryan Davis.
GL HB

#20 Posted by JJOR64 (19051 posts) -

Now that is rad. :D

#21 Posted by Turambar (6847 posts) -

@marokai said:

Perhaps I'll try to sneak over there to take a peek at it in that system just to say I was there.

#22 Posted by KingGiddra (241 posts) -

Taswell Prime is slowly being upgraded with top-of-the-line technology. Our best minds are hard at working making this a monument to Eternal Space God-King Taswell.

#23 Posted by Beomoose (699 posts) -

/salute, Duders, well done.

#24 Edited by amishmonster (44 posts) -

This is just wonderful. Well done, all.

#25 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

This is just simply amazing. Very well done job all-around, duders.

#26 Posted by Zaccheus (1800 posts) -

That's a lovely gesture duders. My imaginary hat's off to you.

#27 Posted by Subjugation (4734 posts) -

Kite Co., disciples of the grand master known only as Dave "enemykite" Snider, know no boundaries in our determination. We hope to leave a mark on this universe with our efforts and contribution much in the same way that our lives have been affected for the better through the efforts and contribution of the Giant Bomb staff, especially Ryan Taswell Davis.

Gone from this earthly realm but forever remaining in our hearts. 7o you beautiful man.

#28 Posted by musclerider (591 posts) -

The other Kite Co. salutes you.

One hell of an endeavor for one hell of a man.

#29 Posted by datarez (569 posts) -

Awesome work duders. o7

#30 Posted by Creigz (183 posts) -

@breakfastking: You should. Kite Co is good. Best corp I've been in, increased my desire to play 100x.

#31 Edited by Sweep (8950 posts) -

My Jump Clone is inside Ryan Davis.

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

Truly beautiful. 7o for you all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.