Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Kite Co.'s trip to wormholes!

SadisticWOlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SadisticWOlf

The space trucking empire knows no limits, and so we decided to make our first foray into wormholes to see some of the elusive sleepers first hand, make some isk, and see if could find one of the new "shattered" wormholes introduced in the latest expansion, Rhea. The group consisted of several "Tengu" class strategic cruisers and a handful of support ships. The Tengus are fit to remote repair one another, as the sleepers do considerable damage, so by splitting the repair duties between the tengus they could keep up with the incoming damage and still project enough damage themselves to chew through the sleepers.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The sleepers themselves are actually ancient but sophisticated drones, guarding a lost colony of humans that experimented with virtual reality, cloned consciousness and other assorted weirdness. The drones themselves are fittingly strange and alien.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

But to actually make money off sleepers you need to collect the "blue loot" that is reverse engineered by various in-game factions, this represent the four empires attempts to understand the sleeper technology, hiring the capsuleers (how the player characters are presented in the fiction) as relic hunters. In addition, you can salvage the sleeper wrecks for parts that are used in construction in advanced starship rigging and the components that eventually are used to construct the strategic cruisers themselves. So one of our support ships was a "Noctis" class industrial ship, that trailed behind the combat ships scooping up loot and salving the sleeper wrecks.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

As one of the fleet scouts, I spent my time making sure that hostile ships didn't show up (none ever did) and probing down other cosmic signatures that could either be combat sites, gas sites which are harvested for tech3 components, and other wormhole connections. I jumped through one of these and found one of the new shattered wormhole systems!

No Caption Provided

The name comes from the fact that every planet in the system is literally shattered, the result of a massive explosion. On my overview was a beacon named "Epicenter." I had to check it out!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The ruins are impressive and the debris field is about 100 kilometers wide, centered off the sun. The structures above are named after the Tacloanians, another race of lost humans that may have warred with the sleepers long before the four empires ever regained stellar flight. The blue energy fields are "violent wormholes" that can't be entered, but may be related to the technology that created the wormholes in the first place. Was this a battlefield, a failed experiment, or some gigantic weapon? I scanned down some relic and data sites which belonged to the various pirate factions, so they've got something to do with this too, or are at least are as interested in what's happening with sleepers as the capsuleers. By now several hours had already passed so we decided to call it a night. I packed up my stuff, took one last fleeting glance at a ruined star system and wondered just what the hell happened here so long ago.

Here's the complete album: https://imgur.com/a/0Lrkl

Interested in EVE? Come check it out with a bunch of duders! Shoot nerds! Explore an entire star cluster! Build an empire! Or just shoot more nerds! Come get a free trial and truck the stars!

Orangefreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Worms with holes.

SpacePinkerton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpacePinkerton

That was a lot of fun. Will fly RR Tengu again.

One of the cooler things about Wormholes is that there is no local chat. Local chat acts as a beacon in known space that lists everyone in that solar system. Without local chat in wormhole space you have no idea who else is in the system with you, without the diligent use of the scanning systems (that's the directional scanner and the probe scanner systems).

BenLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Eve eve eve online woooormholess.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.