Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

One Year of Kite Co Space Trucking

BenLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A forum post from our glorious leader Mattisen, space Stalin, king of the north/kink of the garbage etc.:

One year ago today, after hearing Dave Snider's comments on the Giant Bombcast about the possible creation of a "Kite Co. Space Trucking" corporation in EVE, a few Giant Bomb community members took it upon themselves to create just such a corporation. The corp started as a relatively small affair, and I joined shortly after its creation to participate in Kite Co's first corp op: a frigate roam through low and nullsec. Djorgo Skord quickly became CEO and, staging from the Mani and Seil systems, Kite Co. continued running ops and getting in tussles with locals for a number of weeks. Eventually the decision was made to relocate to Orvolle and join the Gallente Militia.

Shortly after this move, Kite Co. saw its first— and largest— boom in membership in its history when Patrick and Drew started their coverage on Fanfest in 2013. Kite Co. grew rapidly, becoming the fastest-growing independent corporation for a week straight, as well as the largest independent corporation for some time. This recruitment spike brought Kite Co. many of its most dedicated members, as well as a lot of awesome duders who, unfortunately, didn't stick around for the ride.

Shortly after this boom, Kite Co. left the Gallente Militia, briefly moved to Poitot, then fell back to Orvolle to take stock of its situation. Immediately following the Poitot deployment, I replaced Mishirosen as CEO and announced that we would be making another, more permanent move to VLGD-R in Syndicate. Shortly after, Kite Co. joined Brave Collective [BRAVE]. After months of hostilities, undock games, and skirmishes with multiple groups (particularly the German alliance Avaricious Cartel [AVA]), Kite Co., with the help of the rest of BRAVE, was able to claim control over the pocket surrounding VLGD-R.

Since then, Kite Co. has been operating in and around the pocket and eventually shifted its headquarters to 9GYL-O, one system over and generally engages in PvP (roams and, more rarely, large fleet actions) and PvE in Syndicate.

--------------------

I wanted to write something up real quick to make note of Kite Co's one-year anniversary. As you can see, I included a short history, and I will be brief with the rest of this as well. In addition, Keesha has put together this videocommemorating the first year of Kite Co's time in EVE.

This past year in Kite Co. has been fantastic. Participating in this corp has been a blast from the beginning up until now, and I can't imagine it going any other way from here. To say this is the most fun I've had in EVE would be an understatement and I can safely say that this is the coolest community of duders I have ever played a game with. You guys are awesome, and I'm more than excited for the rest of my time in Kite Co. providing haven't been driven insane by then.

Here's to another year!

Mattisen Arcanth

CEO, Kite Co. Space Trucking

Keesha stop being so good at videos. :p

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

KiteCo has been great fun, cant wait to see where the next year takes us!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.