Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Plex Pricing

KloakinDevice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all!

Just been thinking of getting back into Eve Online, just sorta looking for places to buy Plex and wondering if there was anywhere cheaper than the Official Eve site? Figured someone on here might be able to advise me as to where to look for cheaper prices?

ArcadeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I see it at about $18 on amazon right now.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If PLEX goes on sale somewhere it goes on sale everywhere. When it does go on sale people tend to hoard them as an investment. If you have a $5 Amazon credit or something like that, then you can save some money on PLEX.

InverseMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You can get PLEX on Green Man Gaming and use their 20-25% off vouchers.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By dagas

I've not played EVE in many years. I quit around the time that they announced PLEX. I remember it selling for around 250m isk. I looked at the prices now and it is 800m ISK for a PLEX. What happened?! Is everything more expensive now or is it just PLEX? I was thinking of getting into it again and not spending money but farming 800m is a bit much unless it is much easier to get money now.

BenLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spaceflation.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@dagas said:

I've not played EVE in many years. I quit around the time that they announced PLEX. I remember it selling for around 250m isk. I looked at the prices now and it is 800m ISK for a PLEX. What happened?! Is everything more expensive now or is it just PLEX? I was thinking of getting into it again and not spending money but farming 800m is a bit much unless it is much easier to get money now.

Yep, just about everything costs a lot more than it used to. Basically, industrialists have steadily been able to build capital faster than content creators™ (aka, players) can blow it up.

Unless you're making massive amounts of cash from moon mining or something, PLEX are meant to take a lot of time to earn. It's the main incentive to pay for the game, after all. This is one factor which drove me away from it over time... I haven't played in about a year and a half, but I imagine this hasn't become any better for the majority of players since then.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantstalker: I would totally disagree on plex being the main incentive to play the game. If you come into eve looking at it from a standpoint of "im going to play this game so much that I'll make it free" it will become soul crushing and you'll bounce right off it. Play to Pay to Play is soul crushing and involves grinding no matter what way you cut it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@jesterroyal: I said pay, not play! It's the main incentive to pay for a lot of folks because it's just easier to hand over the cash than to make 800+ mil every month.

So in actuality, I agree with you! The main incentive to play EVE is totally different than PLEX. The main incentive to pay for EVE though has a whole lot to do with PLEX pricing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.