This one time in EVE Online...

Posted by GunslingerPanda (4700 posts) -

I used to play EVE Online before I lost my job. There was a website that ran a live internet radio show for the game, and one night they were giving away a really big ship for the craziest shit that someone would do. A couple who played the game said they would film themselves hitting each other in the groin and send it to the radio hosts for the ship.

Now, this radio show also did more traditional contests for ISK, and on the evening in question I happened to get through to the show on skype for the contest. It was a variation on that shitty TV show Deal Or No Deal, and I won a decent amount of ISK. Not a ton, but enough. After the contest, I hung around in the skype chat they were using to broadcast because I was playing EVE anyway so why not? A few minutes later, a video was linked to us.

There was a topless man and a topless woman taking turns to punch each other in the groin. I could hear a baby crying in the background.

#1 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4700 posts) -

I used to play EVE Online before I lost my job. There was a website that ran a live internet radio show for the game, and one night they were giving away a really big ship for the craziest shit that someone would do. A couple who played the game said they would film themselves hitting each other in the groin and send it to the radio hosts for the ship.

Now, this radio show also did more traditional contests for ISK, and on the evening in question I happened to get through to the show on skype for the contest. It was a variation on that shitty TV show Deal Or No Deal, and I won a decent amount of ISK. Not a ton, but enough. After the contest, I hung around in the skype chat they were using to broadcast because I was playing EVE anyway so why not? A few minutes later, a video was linked to us.

There was a topless man and a topless woman taking turns to punch each other in the groin. I could hear a baby crying in the background.

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

I played Eve online, but from what i learned of the people who play it. Eve online players are worse then 4chan.

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Stop making me want to resub EVE.

#4 Posted by henriksultan (13 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

Those are they players that keep me in the game, so many singing Irishmen on vent when I played in 0.0 :| Always made my laugh...

#5 Edited by Mikemcn (6980 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

I played Eve online, but from what i learned of the people who play it. Eve online players are worse then 4chan.

I joined a random corp and everyone in it was friendly, helpful and rational. However you can make a career in Eve by griefing, pirating, and generally being a jerk if you so choose. Most people are cool though.

#6 Posted by returnofjake (231 posts) -

If anyone has any links to stories that have taken place in Eve I would like them please thanks :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.