Worth it?

#1 Posted by PATERSON (248 posts) -

Hey guys I stumped on what MMO to try out before Star Wars comes out and I came accross EVE online. Is there still alot of people playing and is it worth it? or should I move on and try a different MMO ( not WoW please ).

Thanks!

#2 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -
   nuff said i think
#3 Posted by PATERSON (248 posts) -

I just played the trial and I see what you mean! its complicated man haha, I'm obviously new to this game so if anybody wants to add me and give me a guided tour of the universe? please feel free haha.

#4 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -
@PATERSON said:
" I just played the trial and I see what you mean! its complicated man haha, I'm obviously new to this game so if anybody wants to add me and give me a guided tour of the universe? please feel free haha. "
i bought it when it was on sale for a buck havent installed it yet it is very complex yes. its kinda crazy at the start when you get into it its not so bad
#5 Posted by PATERSON (248 posts) -
@pwnasaurus: 
Can't you just download it for free from the site? you should install it so I have a buddy to play with haha.
#6 Posted by Althox (292 posts) -

You can download it for free, but it still comes with a monthly subscription fee. And you should definitely give it a REAL try, not just 1-2 weeks. It takes some time to get into (still not sure about everything after 3 years), and it's a learning game. Take your time with it, and not just say it's shit after the first day cuz you can't go into big fleet battles.

#7 Posted by PATERSON (248 posts) -
@Althox: 
Thanks for the advice, I'm just trying out the 14 day trial, so I'll see how that goes. Sounds like you still play?
#8 Posted by Althox (292 posts) -
@PATERSON said:
" @Althox:  Thanks for the advice, I'm just trying out the 14 day trial, so I'll see how that goes. Sounds like you still play? "
I do very much. Jump in on the GB channel in EVE if questions should come up.
#9 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Might take a little time but once you find yourself a good corp full of helpful and friendly people the game is pretty fun. The community makes the game more than the game itself but I guess that is what a proper MMO should be. 
I got burnt out after 5 years but GL and hope you enjoy it.
#10 Posted by Astrophyle (127 posts) -

I'm trying the game out right now as well, and I can't get over how good it looks after all these years.  I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  It's nice to play something completely different.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.