Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EverQuest Next

Game » consists of 0 releases.

EverQuest Next was to be a complete reimagining of the franchise both in terms of the world of Norrath itself and the lore behind it. EQ Next sought to revolutionize the MMORPG genre with key features including a customizable multiclass system, destructible environments, emergent AI, and permanent world-changing events. After many years in development, it was canceled on March 10, 2016.

Everquest Next Confirmed for PS4

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

For those who don't know, Everquest Next is Minecraft in HD (more precisely *in Voxels*) meeting Fantasy MMORPG, coming with more modern actiony combat and expanded movement systems. Here's an extremely early trailer...

John Smedley, President of SOE, recently confirmed on a Reddit *Ask Me Anything* thread that a PS4 version is definitely coming. No further details were given though. It's unclear if it will release day and date with the PC version, if console and PC players will share servers, and so forth.

I wonder if that means we'll get Everquest Next Landmark on PS4 soon? I'd love to try out its creation tools.

That it's coming to PS4 makes me glad. I hardly see my current PC handling Everquest Next all too well, and it'll be awhile before I invest in an all-new box. This'll keep the pressure off to do so a little longer. I'm also excited to play an all-new MMO on the TV with a gamepad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I had assumed it would, but it's nice to have confirmation. After Final Fantasy XIV, I don't think I'm really interested in playing an MMO without a gamepad. Hopefully the PS4 version shapes up well.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FUCK YES BITCHES.

Sorry, let me compose myself. EverQuest is my favorite game of all time. From the moment EQ Next was announced, I was hoping deep down, that Sony would also fetch it to Playstation. Obviously I know next to nothing about the game, but it gives me reason to be super excited. This would absolutly be a game to get my to make the leap into next gen.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Excellent

pretty obvious that it would, but still excellent news.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cloudymusic

I am certainly more interested in this now. Cool news.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By tourgen

Jesus, Smedley is still around?

FYI, dude was personally responsible for some of the most dickish and fun-breaking re-balances in Everquest back in the day. D&D nerd. Fuck that guy.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I thought they confirmed it would be on next gen consoles when they announced the game?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@sammo21 said:

I thought they confirmed it would be on next gen consoles when they announced the game?

Nope, they had no answer by then. Likely they first had to build a complete enough version of the game to make a feasibility study or something. Their ambitions seem quite taxing to hardware to me. Really glad the PS4 seems to have made the cut, resources-wise.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've been keeping a close eye on this game so it's good to know I will actually be able to play it. I don't have a gaming PC and don't plan on having one anytime soon sadly.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

As someone who frequents quite a few MMO websites, this is both great news and literally the worst thing ever. It's great news because now I'm personally excited for the PS4 version as that's the one I'll be playing. It's literally the worst thing ever because now any time anyone has a problem with the game, I have to read some comment along the lines of "omg [insert something about the game here] sucks because the game had to be dumbed down for kiddie consoles. I'll go play a real game where the developer cares about their real playerbase."

No, you guys don't understand. Muthafuckas be out there with pure vitriol running through their veins. I've seen some fanboys in my time, but these dudes on MMO sites act like a Playstation raped and murdered their parents or some shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.