Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Eversion

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 29, 2008

An indie 2D platformer that begins with cheerful music and a sunny disposition, but gradually displays a dark and dreadful secret.

I generally hate platformers, but

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

this game has done a pretty top-notch job of getting me on-board. 

I should stress again how much I hate platformers. Braid, New Super Mario Bros. Wii... Hell, even the old Duke Nukem games... I'm just awful at 'em. Don't get me wrong, I liked new super mario bros wii and the old Duke Nukem games (I couldn't stand Braid. Felt like I needed to be in an ipod commercial, drinking Starbucks and wearing ironic 80's metal tshirts to fit in with that game.)  

Hell, I'm probably even going to pick up Super Meat Boy whenever it comes out for PC. I'm just phenomenally bad at them, and after stupidly dying in the same bottomless pit I've died in 6063042432 other times, I just get mouse-gnawingly frustrated and quit. 

Eversion still has those moments, but there's something truly satisfying in seeing a cutesy, cartoonish paradise slowly decay into something truly horrific that just puts a big grin on my mug.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By Forcen

I just read about this on Destructoid, got me really interested.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Axersia

I got interested in this because of Destructoid as well and decided to just go ahead and buy it instead of trying the free version first.

It took me 20 mins to get the bad ending and another 100 mins to get all 240 gems, unlock the final level, and get the... ummm... "good" ending. Also, goddamn, that final level required some mad platforming skills. Luckily the game is extremely generous with checkpoints.

Anyway, despite its short length I'd recommend it to all fans of 2D platformers. This was one of the more enjoyable platorming experiences I've had in quite some time.

SoundShower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SoundShower

Saw this game on Steam earlier today. Did i little bit of googling and then remembered to check here.
    Might just buy later today thanks to this thread!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.