Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVO Championship Series

Concept »

The World Fighting Game Championships in all but name. Since 2000, the Evolution Championship Series has been the most prominent fighting game tournament event. It features the best players from all over the world.

$500,000 Capcom Tournament Series post Evo Championship Series

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Edited By FLStyle

Capcom announced details on the half a million dollars they're giving away in competitive gaming in the form of a 25th Street Fighter anniversary themed tournament series to begin after EVO 2012.

Super Street Fighter IV: AE 2012Street Fighter X TekkenStreet Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online EditionSuper Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Schedule:

Remaining Evo Championship Series Dates

EventDateLocation
    Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8May 25-27Chicago
    NorthWest MajorsJune 2-3Seattle
    Montreal Annual TournamentJune 2-3Montreal, Canada
    East Coast ThrowdownJune 9-10New Jersey
    CEO 2012 ChampionshipsJune 15-17Orlando
    MidWest Championships 2012June 22-24Nashville
    Evo 2012July 6-8Las Vegas

Capcom Tournament Series Dates

DateLocation
    July 28-29Austin, TX
    August 11-12New York (Location Pending)
    August 26Taipei, Taiwan
    Mid-SeptemberTokyo, Japan
    September 27-30London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
    October 13-14Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
    October 27-28Los Angeles, CA
    October 31 – November 4Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
    December 8 FinalsSan Francisco, CA

Glad to see that they're putting some effort into supporting the competitive scene, though I have my doubts over their ability to run these tournaments. Maybe they'll get most of the people who have been running the Evo tournaments to do it for them. I'm also curious about the games themselves, the only one of those four that is being played and is liked is AE 2012. I don't recall HD Remix or 3rd Strike Online ever featuring at a tournament recently (if at all ever) and everyone hates Jab X TimeOut.

No Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3?

Yeah it's not technically a Street Fighter game but unless Japanese players participate in AE 2012 then the most exciting game to watch at tournaments is UMvC3.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle

Capcom announced details on the half a million dollars they're giving away in competitive gaming in the form of a 25th Street Fighter anniversary themed tournament series to begin after EVO 2012.

Super Street Fighter IV: AE 2012Street Fighter X TekkenStreet Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online EditionSuper Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Schedule:

Remaining Evo Championship Series Dates

EventDateLocation
    Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8May 25-27Chicago
    NorthWest MajorsJune 2-3Seattle
    Montreal Annual TournamentJune 2-3Montreal, Canada
    East Coast ThrowdownJune 9-10New Jersey
    CEO 2012 ChampionshipsJune 15-17Orlando
    MidWest Championships 2012June 22-24Nashville
    Evo 2012July 6-8Las Vegas

Capcom Tournament Series Dates

DateLocation
    July 28-29Austin, TX
    August 11-12New York (Location Pending)
    August 26Taipei, Taiwan
    Mid-SeptemberTokyo, Japan
    September 27-30London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
    October 13-14Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
    October 27-28Los Angeles, CA
    October 31 – November 4Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
    December 8 FinalsSan Francisco, CA

Glad to see that they're putting some effort into supporting the competitive scene, though I have my doubts over their ability to run these tournaments. Maybe they'll get most of the people who have been running the Evo tournaments to do it for them. I'm also curious about the games themselves, the only one of those four that is being played and is liked is AE 2012. I don't recall HD Remix or 3rd Strike Online ever featuring at a tournament recently (if at all ever) and everyone hates Jab X TimeOut.

Yeah it's not technically a Street Fighter game but unless Japanese players participate in AE 2012 then the most exciting game to watch at tournaments is UMvC3.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By bretthancock

Capcom is smart too throw up that much money AND put out the DLC with balance patch for SFxT before this tourney. I think it's a really fun game that seems to have decent balance already but the majority of people had their expectations way to low before launch. The majority of middle to upper class players spent so much time shitting on everything outside of the game like business practices and interview comments, seems like they never gave it a chance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.