Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVO Championship Series

Concept »

The World Fighting Game Championships in all but name. Since 2000, the Evolution Championship Series has been the most prominent fighting game tournament event. It features the best players from all over the world.

CEO 2013 Preview (June 28 - 30) plus E3 Round-up, new Divekick character, KI is not F2P & FGC News

• 170 results
    Avatar image for omniscientcajun
    omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#151  Edited By omniscientcajun

Man, I know we're not done yet but that PR Balrog vs. Green Ace match was incredible. Marvel match of the tournament thus far for me.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

This has been exciting as hell.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Green Ace... Man... GREEN ACE!

Damn good match, props to Rog for clutching that one out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

That match with Green Ace was down to the wire every single round. Whew. Absolutely the best matchup so far today.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Man, all this does is remind me how much of a magician Keits is.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed! Alas, I'm too tired to watch the rest, I'll have to check the archive!

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#158  Edited By davidwitten22

Now they're showing AE on the second stream... I'm so conflicted! I like AE way more, but this Top 8 in Marvel has been so hype I don't want to switch...

multi-twitch is godlike.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well there it is Chris G winning both Marvel and Injustice.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By StarvingGamer

Wasn't there some thing about Chris G saying he wasn't going to go to Evo because the money wasn't worth it or something? And bitching about PS3?

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't heard about that, but he'll definitely be there. I'm sure his team and sponsors would be furious if he didn't show up to the biggest fighting game tournament in the world.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162  Edited By GaspoweR

@starvinggamer said:

Wasn't there some thing about Chris G saying he wasn't going to go to Evo because the money wasn't worth it or something? And bitching about PS3?

Bitching about PS3 for sure Ive heard of that but not going to EVO is new to me.

@demoskinos said:

Well there it is Chris G winning both Marvel and Injustice.

I'm glad that Chris G uses Green Arrow since his character choices in his other games are hella annoying (except for 3S since I respect his Sean).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun weekend. Thanks again for @flstyle for throwing up these blogs. Awesome work. Can't wait to see what goes down at EVO 2013. I'll have to catch up on some Archives of some stuff tomorrow. Missed most of Friday and Saturday.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to learn that monitor speed control magic Momochi was using against Chris G.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: @davidwitten22: Oh right, it was after Chris G was bitching about PS3 lag after losing to SenorTaxi and MrWizard trolled him about it and Chris retorted with a homophobic slur. Then this happened:

"On an episode of eSports talk show Live On Three he said that because he dislikes MrWizard, and because the prize from winning at EVO is too small to make much of a difference in his life, he's considering passing it up."

I'm sure it was all talk. No way he's not going to go.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great tournament, thoroughly enjoyed it. There were some technical issues, and the stream chat was kind of a write off but the matches were hype and in the end that's all that matters.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just working through the archive now, got 2 hours left! Man, CEO ran long this year.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By FLStyle

Since my last post I've

1. Finished watching the CEO 2013 archive, it was awesome
    2. Found a fresh round of gaming journalism vs. FGC/competitive gaming anger on Twitter following Kotaku reporting on Noel Brown being arrested for hitting his ex-girlfriend and other person

Other than how sad I am to see all the staff, stream producers and attendees and their participation in one of the best and certainly most watched non-EVO tournament event of the year (36K viewers), get overshadowed by 1 person getting arrested, I'm super excited for EVO in less than 2 weeks time.

I'll probably put the EVO preview blog up on Monday, if not a little earlier, depending on what is available to report in a week's time it'll probably also have Noel Brown incident fallout round-up and Curleh Mustache: West Coast 2 results, we'll see.

Thanks for reading this and tuning into the event!

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That was a fun tournament to watch and while I don't like seeing the screen full of Soulfists there's no denying that Chris G is a great player and deserved that win (still have to watch the Injustice matches where I'm all for him winning with Green Arrow). I'm curious to see how he will do at EVO and if someone manages to deal with all that stuff.

Xian taking SSF4 is really awesome. His Gen is one of the most entertaining characters to watch and his execution is just insane. I tried playing Gen for a while and man, he is not an easy to use character at all but Xian just goes to town with him.

Oh, and one last thing: Fuck Vergil.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altairre: I agree with everything you just said!

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

So ready for EVO...switched away from dirty DSL, so now I can stream monster SO HARD!

I wanna see Chris take Injustice, Ilove his Green Arrow play and I hope it puts the Scorpion crybabies top sleep finally.

Hope the GB Chat is open again this year, I wanna stream monster with Bombers again this year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.