Evo 2012 Games Predictions

#1 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

So its probably a safe bet to say SFIV AE2012 and UMVC3 will be in this, but what else?

Street Fighter X Tekken and Soul Calibur V are probably very likely candidates...

Mortal Kombat, BlazBlu, and King of Fighters are probably fighting for the last spot (assuming they'll do only five games again, hopefully there will be more)

What does everyone else think? Does Skullgirls have a chance? Maybe Catherine?

#2 Edited by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

@Bestostero said:

So its probably a safe bet to say SFIV AE2012 and UMVC3 will be in this, but what else?

Street Fighter X Tekken and Soul Calibur V are probably very likely candidates...

Mortal Kombat, BlazBlu, and King of Fighters are probably fighting for the last spot (assuming they'll do only five games again, hopefully there will be more)

What does everyone else think? Does Skullgirls have a chance? Maybe Catherine?

Catherine, no

MK

Blazblue

KOF13

SFxTekken

TekkenTag Tournament 2

Soul Calibur V

UMVC3

Street fighter 4

MAAAAAAYBE skullsgirls and tekken 6, (like 85% chance)

thats the most likely list

#3 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

KOF XIII deserves the list. They'll be making a big mistake NOT to put it.

Here's mine:

SSFIV AE v.2012

UMvC3

Street Fighter X Tekken

Soul Calibur 5

King of Fighters XIII

#4 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

MK is doubtful, the competitive scene is so dead. SF and MvC are guaranteed.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

There is a page for EVO on Giant Bomb? Nice.

#6 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

@Sooty said:

ye, The scene is pretty much gone, i think it was mostly due to the horrible online and glitchy start.

#7 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4285 posts) -

@Jethuty said:

@Sooty said:

ye, The scene is pretty much gone, i think it was mostly due to the horrible online and glitchy start.

Shame too. I still feel that, in terms of balance, they completely outclassed Capcom from head to toe.

I think KOF13 will be there since it practically deserves to be.

#8 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

It would be very unfortunate if KOF XIII didn't make it. It's the only other game outside of SF that could potentially attract a ton of international players.

#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@jkuc316 said:

KOF XIII deserves the list. They'll be making a big mistake NOT to put it.

Here's mine:

SSFIV AE v.2012

UMvC3

Street Fighter X Tekken

Soul Calibur 5

King of Fighters XIII

I feel King of Fighters 13 must be on there as well. I think it's the best current fighting game. Your list of five seems spot on as well.

#10 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

@Jethuty said:

@Sooty said:

Shame too. I still feel that, in terms of balance, they completely outclassed Capcom from head to toe.

It's impossible to say how well balanced MK is due to it not lasting in a competitive sense for very long so that's kind of silly to say.

Capcom's got the more appealing to watch games that is for sure, I struggled to make it through the MK matches at Evo, I found it even more boring than Bob vs. Bob on Tekken...

#11 Edited by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

@Jethuty said:

@Sooty said:

It's impossible to say how well balanced MK is due to it not lasting in a competitive sense for very long so that's kind of silly to say.

Capcom's got the more appealing to watch games that is for sure, I struggled to make it through the MK matches at Evo, I found it even more boring than Bob vs. Bob on Tekken...

Tbh, the tekken matches can get really exciting, and i, even not as a very big tekken fan, could see the appeal.

MK was straight up boring at times with the kung lao and kabal bullshit that was going on.

#12 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

i still love mk! i think what made it unappealing was the fact that fans kept crying out for them to change this, rebalance that, fix this fix that and they kept trying to please everyone and i think it became overdone...but i still play it daily and i love watching it on stream :)

#13 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

The only safe bet I can make is MK will not be on the line up. Maybe as a side tourney in someone's hotel room like Jackie Chan would be.  

#14 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@StaticFalconar: That's what happened this year with KoF XIII

#15 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@Jethuty: Maybe appealing to watch, but hard to play against someone who's good.

#16 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I would love to see some Catherine, but I've mostly lost my desire to watch fighting games anymore. I played too much SF4 and got burnt out.

Now if they had Seb and Chris Hu commentating I'd be all over that shit, but they won't. It would be too awesome.

#17 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
#18 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -
#19 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I don't know how MK is even there because it has no scene at all anymore, I bet only top 4 will get streamed.

Must be getting some good sponsor money or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.