Official EVO 2012 / 2k12 Livestream Discussion Thread (July 6-8)

#101 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

No one else posting about Eita vs Clakey D?! That was so sick!

#102 Posted by FLStyle (4578 posts) -

@jkuc316: That's EVO for you! Yeah credit where it's due for a great match.

#103 Posted by J_Las_Vegas (144 posts) -

Xian's crazy Gen play is so awesome. Hoping He makes top 8 this year.

#104 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -

I'm actually glad that homestory cup is on Euro time and I can watch that in the mornings this weekend and this at night! E-sports overload incoming!

#105 Edited by FLStyle (4578 posts) -

8-year old Noah Solis will take on one of the strongest Japanese players in Mago at Super Street Fighter IV.

EDIT: Noah is 9 now.

#106 Posted by FLStyle (4578 posts) -

Nice try Noah, you're still better than I'll ever be.

#107 Posted by churrific (475 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

Nice try Noah, you're still better than I'll ever be.

Lol nice sense of humor from Mago about it at least.

#108 Posted by altairre (1126 posts) -

Xian is out. Well that sucks.

#109 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Mago caught a bit of Mike Ross there when he lost to Noah that 1 round

#110 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Haitani with those great reads!

#111 Posted by altairre (1126 posts) -

@jkuc316 said:

Haitani with those great reads!

That was some crazy impressive stuff. And then the triple dash at the end.

#112 Posted by TurboMan (7400 posts) -

T-minus one hour till more Playstation Battle Royal... I'm guessing that Seth will trot out and announce a few new characters (hopefully not something like Ryu)

#113 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Hopefully whoever comes up next chooses a different stage.

#114 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1492 posts) -

My pick before the tournament was Infiltration. Based on what I've seen so far I'd say Haitani is definitely a threat.

#115 Posted by DocHaus (1314 posts) -

Kamais got his shit kicked in by a Goh player. If he doesn't get out of losers' he'll never hear the end of it.

#116 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

@jkuc316 said:

Mago caught a bit of Mike Ross there when he lost to Noah that 1 round

That was really funny. Glad Mago is a good sport.

#117 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Can't believe Juicebox beat Haitani.... Props to Juicebox though :)

#118 Posted by FLStyle (4578 posts) -
#119 Posted by StarvingGamer (7999 posts) -

I was pretty burned out on SFIV last year, partly due to MvC3, but I'm back to being hype as fuck. AE has really grown into a diverse playing environment. Best weekend evar!

#120 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

Damn, Xian is out. :'( Can't believe Eito is out.

#121 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1492 posts) -

Predictions?

#122 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

@thegoldencat7 said:

Predictions?

SFxT - Infiltration/Laugh

Marvel - Impossible to predict.

AE 2012 - Daigo

KOF - Bala

ST - Valle

All the other games - Who cares

#123 Posted by mrcraggle (1821 posts) -

Oh man, looking at the schedule, it looks likely that I'm going to miss UMvC3 finals along with SSFIVAE. Damn 8 hour difference.

#124 Posted by FLStyle (4578 posts) -

@mrcraggle: I can confirm that when I watched the entire thing live on finals day last year, I only got in bed at 7AM.

#125 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1492 posts) -

@MethodMan008: Oh I just meant SF, but OK then.

SF: Infiltration.

Marvel: F. Champ.

ST: Daigo.

MK: Reo.

You're probably right about KOF and SFxT. I only know one SC player and I think he's out.

Edit: We miseed Daigo, Latif because of the Playstation All Stars nonsense. You have got to be kidding me.

#126 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

well this All Stars game continues to look terrible.

edit: Is this a PS2 game? Kappa.

We just missed Daigo vs. Latif for this ****

#127 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

Please get this shit game off my stream.

#128 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

@Sooty said:

well this All Stars game continues to look terrible.

edit: Is this a PS2 game? Kappa.

We just missed Daigo vs. Latif for this ****

Fuckkkk. I thought you were trolling until I read this:latif_7

Lost to daigo, he played so well and I choked too hard!! Gotta climb the mountain of losers now !! super tough

Fuck you Sony. -.-

#129 Posted by StarvingGamer (7999 posts) -

Parappa stage is mashed up with Metal Gear so... Solid Snake confirmed?

But yeah, this game is not looking the prettiest. Still, there are 3 months left of dev time. Maybe they can sharpen it up a bit.

#130 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@MethodMan008 said:

@Sooty said:

well this All Stars game continues to look terrible.

edit: Is this a PS2 game? Kappa.

We just missed Daigo vs. Latif for this ****

Fuckkkk. I thought you were trolling until I read this:latif_7

Lost to daigo, he played so well and I choked too hard!! Gotta climb the mountain of losers now !! super tough

Fuck you Sony. -.-

Yeah it's pretty annoying, this game doesn't even look remotely good. Also why is Big Daddy in this? BioShock was a 360 exclusive at one point and in no way is it an iconic Sony character...

Just lame. They surely paid money for the time to promote this thing.

#131 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

JWonggg

I play Kazunoko next in AE2012 but it might be off stream

FUCK YOU SONY. Turn this shit off. :P

Yeah the game looks terrible.. Bummer this is the first game S-kill is going to have his named attached to for Sony.

#132 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1492 posts) -

This... is the worst thing that has ever happend. Ever.

#133 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

Gootecks, just say it blows. :P

#134 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@MethodMan008 said:

JWonggg

I play Kazunoko next in AE2012 but it might be off stream

FUCK YOU SONY. Turn this shit off. :P

Yeah the game looks terrible.. Bummer this is the first game S-kill is going to have his named attached to for Sony.

Let me spoil it for you Kazunoko wins.

#135 Posted by StarvingGamer (7999 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@MethodMan008 said:

@Sooty said:

well this All Stars game continues to look terrible.

edit: Is this a PS2 game? Kappa.

We just missed Daigo vs. Latif for this ****

Fuckkkk. I thought you were trolling until I read this:latif_7

Lost to daigo, he played so well and I choked too hard!! Gotta climb the mountain of losers now !! super tough

Fuck you Sony. -.-

Yeah it's pretty annoying, this game doesn't even look remotely good. Also why is Big Daddy in this? BioShock was a 360 exclusive at one point and in no way is it an iconic Sony character...

Just lame. They surely paid money for the time to promote this thing.

Dunno, S-Kill is an Evo founder and also now is in charge of PAS so...

#136 Posted by FLStyle (4578 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: That wasn't a Metal Gear mech, so he's accidentally confirmed Metal Gear involvement ahead of time.

Also

@MethodMan008 said:

@Sooty said:

well this All Stars game continues to look terrible.

edit: Is this a PS2 game? Kappa.

We just missed Daigo vs. Latif for this ****

Fuckkkk. I thought you were trolling until I read this:latif_7

Lost to daigo, he played so well and I choked too hard!! Gotta climb the mountain of losers now !! super tough

Fuck you Sony. -.-

This makes me sad.

#137 Posted by ArcadeHero (70 posts) -

Guy on stream said it was a giant metal gear in the background, but it was that mech thing from Killzone 3.

Seems interesting, but not a huge fan of only super meter for kills.

#138 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

Well, fuck. I hate Daigo so much >_<

#139 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Soul caliber steam looks like it has a bunch of homeless people on it.

#140 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

Here we go.

I could of sworn people were saying Kaz switched to Seth a few months ago..

#141 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@MethodMan008 said:

Here we go.

I could of sworn people were saying Kaz switched to Seth a few months ago..

He played him for a bit but then dropped him to continue playing yun.

#142 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

so many divekicks! lol

#143 Posted by MethodMan008 (806 posts) -

Man Sako is fun to watch.

#144 Posted by FLStyle (4578 posts) -

I love watching Ibuki and Cammy, so a match between them is a favourite for me.

#145 Edited by jewunit (1054 posts) -

Kindevu sends Sako to the losers' bracket. Both brackets look like murders' rows at this point.

Also......DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEMINION!

#146 Edited by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Is that daigos son on stream?

#147 Posted by FLStyle (4578 posts) -

Dieminion! A well fought victory.

#148 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Nevermind im an idiot its just regular daigo.

#149 Posted by churrific (475 posts) -

Lol I respect a guy that brings his own desk.

#150 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@churrific said:

Lol I respect a guy that brings his own desk.

Now all he needs is the mah stick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.