No recent wiki edits to this page.
Evolution: The World of Sacred Device is a dungeon crawler RPG. It was developed primarily by Sting, with additional work being provided by Neverland Company. The game was published in Japan by ESP on January 21, 1999; Ubisoft handled the publishing duties in America where it was released on December 16, 1999 and in Europe when it was released in 2000. As in most JRPGs the combat is turn based and can involve up to 3 player controlled characters. Each character can use a normal attack, an item or one of special skills that become unlockable as the character levels up. All of the dungeons are randomly generated and consist of multiple floors the highest of which a boss monster.. The story is presented mainly between the dungeon crawling parts of the game.
In Evolution: The World of Sacred Device, you play as Mag Launcher, the son of two adventurous explorers. In the beginning of the game after your parents have been gone, a young girl appears at your house with a note from your father stating that you must watch over this girl, her name is Linear Cannon. Being the son of adventurers, you too are adept at exploring dungeons and such, in the world of the game these people are called "adventurers or cyframe users". A cyframe is a mechanical assistant that helps the adventurers explore and fend off monsters.
- Mag Launcher: Mag is the hero of the game and a descendent in a family of famous and well respected adventurers. He is short tempered and can't resist a fight; he uses a giant hand for a cyframe.
- Linear Cannon: Linear is the cliched female sidekick, she is quiet and reserved, she only opens up to Mag and she doesn't know her age; she does not use a cyframe.
- Gre Nade: Gre Nade is the Launcher's butler, he tends to the house and looks after Mag when his parents are off adventuring.
- Chain Gun: The only child of the Launcher family's rivals, the Gun family. She has had to undergo rigorous training to become an adventurer, whereas a feud has developed between the two families, Chain Gun has developed a liking to Mag. She has a wild personality, is selfish and hates to lose at anything; she uses a sword cyframe.
- Pepper Box: Pepper Box is an adventurer who comes from another country. She is cheerful but can be wild and unpredictable; she uses a bazooka cyframe.