Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Evolve

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 09, 2015

Evolve is a class-based cooperative-competitive game in which a team of four hunters chase after an evolving monster, also controlled by a player.

Any interest in the beta this week?

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wallee321

I didn't get to play the last beta, but would at least like to check this game out.

I'm not typically a multi player, but am intrigued by the 4 v 1 concept. I don't like gated weapons and perks rewarded based on how long have been playing a game (call of duty model), or games based entirely on simply death matches.

Have to see how it goes, but the coverage around this game make it feel like this year's Titanfall. Generally, well received game that doesn't have enough content, but is played for about a month before being forgotten from the mainstream conscience.

Where everyone planning to play it? Obviously, I trying it on Xbox One for this beta, but I really have a larger friends list on psn.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well Titanfall had something going for it but this game actually has to be good for anyone to even notice it.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would play in the beta if I had a Xbox One. I played the alpha on PC and really liked it. It took a few games for me to get into it. At first I thought it was unbalanced and not a great multiplayer game. But once I got things figured out, especially how to play all the different classes, it was way more enjoyable.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Beta key! Get your beta key here! Can't get into the closed technical test without a beta key!

25WYN-AKNH0-3LTPT

tumbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It says here that anyone with Left 4 dead or Bioshock Infinite in their steam library gets to participate in the technical test.

Beta key! Get your beta key here! Can't get into the closed technical test without a beta key!

25WYN-AKNH0-3LTPT

Its sitting in my library with a preload button on it. Do i still need a beta key?

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Not even a little bit. I don't enjoy many co-op games, and this doesn't look like something I would care for at all.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I love the concept of the game but not sure it'll work for me practically.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I played a few matches last weekend on the PS4 stress test. Hopefully I'll manage to sneak a few more in this weekend, too. I really liked what I played after not being sure how this would actually turn out. I don't know that I'll actually buy it given that I don't have many friends to play with, but it seems like it's going to be a solid game for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't really enjoy the "Big Alpha". Giving it another whirl on XB1 now.

Here's some extra PS4 codes (Starts on the 17th): NAP7-2FNP-BPPKand TB5A-QANC-BEG6. They said redemption of PS4 codes may not work yet, but will sometime by Friday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to play this game, but none of my friends are interested in it at all. Maybe I will try and find a group of people on here to play the game with. :-)

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Onemanarmyy

From the earlier beta thingy i found out that that leviathan monster seems extremely hard to kill. He has all those attacks to splinter the group up so he can focus teammates one by one.

Also, the trapper seems to be the keyrole to actually dealing damage to the monster. If your team lacks a good trapper, you'll have an hard time keeping the monster in one spot and chipping his armor/hp down.

I guess it's cool that there's some amount of skill needed to do well, but i wonder how good the matchmaking will be.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By HadesTimes

I'm going to play in the beta, mostly because I have the game pre-ordered and I'm seriously worried that unless I want to play this game single player(which you can) or ONLY play it with friends that this game is going to be a disaster. I'm also wondering how big of a community this game will have. I absolutely LOVE watching this game but I have not yet had a chance to play. So here it goes...

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game is probably fine, but I'm not big on Co-Op anything so I can't say I'm interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gamertag is "Epidemik LV" if anyone wants to hook up on XB1.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When does it start and end on PC?

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure...if it works this time

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Giant_Gamer

I'm downloading ~24gb on steam right now.

I was not impressed by the big alpha but i'm not giving up that easily, especially when it is free to try

JeremyKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JeremyKO

Is there a PS4 closed beta as well?

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a person who doesn't have people to play with - Being the monster seems to be a lot more fun than being any of the hunters. My time spent playing as a hunter was most me running around semi-aimlessly. Playing as a monster I found to quite satisying. Being able to set the pace of the game and sometimes deciding to take the fight to them was cool.

But that being sad, this beta will probably give me my fill of this game. Still fun though.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Nope. I've reached a point where I really can't get into multiplayer games anymore, especially if that's all there is like with Evolve. With few friends who game, I don't have a good group to play with anymore. Also, I just find myself enjoying single-player experiences by myself a lot more nowadays.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to play again but I believe it's all the same content from the alpha which is disappointing. I'm still not sure what to think of the game; I probably enjoy the concept more than the actual gameplay.

I'll see what I think after this beta but I'm unlikely to buy the full game especially when they are selling characters and monsters as DLC - I think that is really shitty, there are only 4 monsters.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

OK,

There are a lot of misconceptions about Evolve(apparently). In the full game you can play in a solo campaign as any of the hunters you've unlocked or the monster. Also, these Hunters they are selling, through DLC is simply an unlock. You can play through the game and unlock these hunters and monsters or you can buy them. The final monster, Behemoth, is the ONLY monster that you cannot currently unlock through regular gameplay. But he IS a DLC character and won't be out until sometime in March. IF you buy the season pass for Evolve, he is free or as of now he will be $15(kinda of steep I know). So I hope that all helps. I've played some of the game today and it seems like the matchmaking could be a whole hell of a lot better. But it is STILL a beta; I hope they get it figured out. My time with the game has been pretty descent so far. But I too am a little leery of this game. Playing as a hunter is pretty hard compared to the monster. And I just don't think the average person is going to put in the time to know what to do; rather than thinking they can just dick around and shoot stuff randomly. And the people who DO put in the time might make DOTA 2 players seem like understanding mothers compared to the tyraid they are going to have over mic if you do something stupid. But maybe I'm wrong. I am so far getting this game for PS4(Mainly because I have the most friends on PS4, so I figure statistically I'm better off). But I might cancel my pre-order if I don't see things improve on the matchmaking side. I might even just cancel my pre-order anyway and see what people say about the servers post launch. This is 2K, and I'm leery of their ability to run descent servers.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloaded the Beta today and have really enjoyed what i've played. Going to keep playing tomorrow to see if this is something i'll play, but if i do decide to buy it i'll wait to see what the playerbase is like before i do even do that.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heres a code for anyone interested.

PRODUCT CODE: 7HJ6M-VNC7N-3RQ7Z

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Humanity

I watched the GameSpot stream last night and honestly it looked a bit boring. If you're playing against a good monster then the entire first 20 minutes are spent in a game of running circles until you evolve. On the flip side for the hunters, strategically you need to stick together as a team so you're all running behind the dog in circles trying to catch up with the monster.

It just didn't seem like you had that many options to vary up the gameplay. Of course there are plenty of perks and you get UAV's and such, but the gameplay seemed very similar from match to match.

Also it's unfortunately one of those games where you really need a few friends as playing with randoms can be a pain.

Avatar image for kqedequalsvolvo
    kqedequalsvolvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kqedequalsvolvo

Kind of game that will live and die by the community that forms (or does not) around it. I'm interested in the beta but will almost certainly wait a little while after launch rather than pre-order, just to see how it's evolving (lol) and, as others have said, to see how the servers and match-making stands up. If there's a fair amount of people on here willing to give it a go, I'd be into that - although in the past it's been an issue being in Europe with the different timezones and all.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got an email with a code for the PS4. I entered it into my account at least. I might download the beta and try it out but I can't say I'm overly pushed. I'll probably just play Dragon Age instead.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, how big is it?

Robinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really, really want to like this game, but I just couldn't get into it after playing the Alpha. I guess it's probably most fun playing with friends you actually know.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no interest whatsoever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well played a few matches, but i can't seem to get into it at all. Playing as the hunters is extremely boring, you follow the tracks and then surround and kill the damn thing. If you play with some resemblance of teamwork, you get it done fairly easy.

Playing as the monster was not fun at all for me. I just don't know, seems something is missing.

I also have a feeling this game is pretty shallow content wise, it's a cool concept, but paying 50-60 euro for this game feels like a bit steep.

It looks pretty though.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the game when playing with people who were actually talking when the beta came out last time. Add me on the Xbox if you want to play this weekend.

GT: Katimanic

secondhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel free to message or add me on Xbox One if you're looking for more people. I'm on most nights, Central US time. GT= Secondhands

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If I get in on the beta do I get the 3rd bonus monster or the 4th bonus texture included in the Super Extra Special Edition?

eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Just got i the beta on PS4 and played a few matches. I'm liking this way more then in the big alpha, it was shit on PS4 (at least for me).

Game is shaping up nicely and it's clear that there is something awesome about hunting and being hunted.

So far haven't lost one single match as the monster (Across both alpha and beta), I feel that once i get to level 2 it's kind of tough for the hunters to survive without tactics and better handle of their character, and at level 3 it's pretty much game over. I always sneak as much as possible, and focus on feeding (I priorities Flame breath, then charge, then leap).

For hunters, trapper seems to work the best for me. We had quite a few matches under 7 min thanks to catching the monster early in the arena and just spamming traps on the ground nearby him)

Overall i'm liking the game, but maybe not enough to buy it day 1 or preorder it (which sucks cause I want the 4th monster as well).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.