Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Evolve

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 09, 2015

Evolve is a class-based cooperative-competitive game in which a team of four hunters chase after an evolving monster, also controlled by a player.

How is the matchmaking?

carlos707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am considering getting the game on PS4. How has the matchmaking been for you ppl?

Is it hard to get into a game?

Can you party up with 5 ppl and start a game?

Is it harder or easier to find a game if you play with a partial group of friends?

carlos707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please state your platform too!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

I am on PS4. I have no issues getting into a game at all. My biggest gripe with matchmaking right now is it throws me into games in progress a lot. So basically for your first game in a session you are thrown into a game in progress. After that though you usually have a group. You can party up with 4 people, not 5. Also when you are in a party neither of you can be the monster.

I haven't played with any friends, just random people, and have had no problem finding games.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thatdudeguy

@ssully said:

I am on PS4. I have no issues getting into a game at all. My biggest gripe with matchmaking right now is it throws me into games in progress a lot. So basically for your first game in a session you are thrown into a game in progress. After that though you usually have a group. You can party up with 4 people, not 5. Also when you are in a party neither of you can be the monster.

I haven't played with any friends, just random people, and have had no problem finding games.

I agree. I'm also on PS4, and games take less than a minute to jump into. And I don't know if this is the norm, but anytime I run into a random player with a microphone icon, I invite them to a private party. Everyone has been super nice and after two or three rounds of being matched up with random players, I've generally been able to build a group of four in the private party chat. The side benefit is that the PS4 party chat is of significantly higher audio quality than the game's janky chat audio (a known bug).

One suggestion I might make for getting thrown into a game in-progress is that instead of playing a character (or monster) you really don't enjoy, just put down the controller and don't press Square to take control of the bot. Let the match finish and you'll generally be given your first choice of class. And if one or more bots are in the game, it'll generally be a short wait :)

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thatdudeguy: I don't really have a class I don't like, so that isn't my problem with being put in a game in progress. This used to happen a lot in left 4 dead 1 and 2 as well, but they atleast gave the option of joining a game in progress. I dont hate the idea of joining games in progress, it's just having it happen nearly every first game I play is a bit annoying.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

PS4 here and it never takes longer than a minute to find a group of people in matchmaking. Like some others have stated, one downside is that you will be placed in matches that are in progress sometimes and that can be jarring.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.