As a fan of Excitebike...

#1 Edited by mac512k (148 posts) -

I decided to make a little homage to the game. Let me know what you think. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/techthis/2880238220/

#2 Posted by sheisty_shogun (256 posts) -

Cool man - how did you make it? Did you make those renders?

#3 Posted by Metamorphic (383 posts) -

Pretty awesome

#4 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

excitebike 64 was awesome.

#5 Posted by mac512k (148 posts) -

I found a picture of a Dirt Bike course. Then remade the sprites in Illustrator and used the Illustrator 3D tools. Imported them into photoshop and added some lighting, depth of field and dirt .

Here's the hi-res version if you want to download it 

#6 Posted by mac512k (148 posts) -
Lemegeton said:
"excitebike 64 was awesome."
It was but going back now it's soooo hard to play. I remember a game on the PS2 early one that kind of played like that... but I forgot exactly what it was. 
#7 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

thats really good man, I struggle to use illustrator.

#8 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -
mac512k said:
"Lemegeton said:
"excitebike 64 was awesome."
It was but going back now it's soooo hard to play. I remember a game on the PS2 early one that kind of played like that... but I forgot exactly what it was. "
i think its stood the test of time pretty well. the controls are responsive even by todays standards.
#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

That's damn cool, excellent job.

#10 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

+1 from me.

#11 Posted by GMan (471 posts) -

Ah, Excitebike.  The memories...

#12 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

I was never a fan of the first Excitebike, i loved 64 and Excite Truck though. The pic looks awesome btw.

#13 Posted by mac512k (148 posts) -

I would love to see a highly stylized version of Excitebike come out. Something like how Capcom is releasing Street Fighter. Updated but with the classic games heart and soul in mind. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.