Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Extraction Point: Alien Shootout

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 04, 2010

Duke Nukem: Critical Mass was to be the first in a new Duke Nukem trilogy for the PSP and the Nintendo DS, but the rest of the trilogy was cancelled.

Looks like this Duke Nukem will actually come out (screenshots)

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

3D reals just posted the first screenshots for a new Duke Nukem trilogy for both the PSP and DS. Quite a surprising choice of platform i must say wonder how it will turn out. Games were announced at E3 last year (Not sure if this page is still valid since it was announced that it are actually 3 different games). The only date I can find for it is end 2009.

DS Screenshots:

PSP Screenshots:

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

It looks like the crappy third person Duke Nukem games. Hopefully, the real deal on PC has evolved since those. Why didn't they just go retro (both on DS and PSP) and designed it like they would design an expansion/sequel to Duke Nukem 3D or something? Maybe with even more retro roots so that you can simply hit enemies by lining the weapon up to them horizontally, not also vertically (as long as they're in view). The portables aren't really great with mouselook functions. Though I haven't played a DS FPS, but then that would benefit from the better retro visuals.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

The PSP version looks awesome. If only I had one.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb
    Dr_Feelgood38 said:
    "The PSP version looks awesome. If only I had one."
    Too bad it will probably control like ass. Nothing against the PSP mind, it's just, games like Resistance Retribution are the absolute best at this type of game. And even that's negative mark are its controls.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gizmo

FPS on PSP = phail.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

How come the DS version isn't a FPS?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

They were all like "so the DS is weak, how can we make it even worse on that" and came up with "oh, let's make it third person, that's one more extra element for us to draw on screen" or something like that. It looks awful for a DS game, they should just go Duke Nukem 3D style with some better defined sprites and levels. It's more than doable on DS considering amateurs have ported Duke Nukem 3D on it with great success.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.