Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 29, 2011

Based on the roleplaying board game, A.V.A, E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is an FPS-RPG set in a "dark cyberpunk world."

I'm finding this game inter-CRASH TO DESKTOP-

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sin4profit

So After hearing this game was Deus Ex like i gave in and gave it a shot. So far it doesn't explain itself at all so a barely no what i'm doing and you have to learn throughn trial and error. Like for example, there's a tutorial about hacking, it tells you, "this is how you initiate hacking", but it doesn't actually tell you what the hell you're doing to successfully hack something.

By sheer observation i've figured out it's a menu based RPG attack system played in real time; you have "Cyber hit points" and the object is to decrease your targets Cyber HPs to 0 using attack viruses and debuffing your targets attacks and defenses while they attack and debuff you in the same manner.

After that the game felt a little more interesting as i walked around trying to hack everything within range, hacked "Bank Dispensers" to get [$ whatever the hell they call their funny money], hacked enemy AI to fight for me and also possessed an AI which makes for a strange "influential first person control" system. I even had to hack myself out of being hacked to the point of a psychedelic freakout.

The levels i'm playing, which from what i've gathers are "side missions", are really just placing you on a level map, generating a random selection of objectives, and obnoxiously respawning enemies at you. I've set the option to reduce enemy respawns and it helped to make the game more enjoyable but still seems like too much.

I haven't completed a full playthrough of a single side mission because THE DAMN GAME CRASHES CONSTANTLY! Usually it's between loading levels.

I'm in the process of grinding out some [funny money] so i can upgrade my implants and see what the hell that stuff is all about but it keeps crashing and setting me back to where i made the mistake of spending too much money on research...and still not knowing what the hell that did.

If you're interested in deciphering the cryptic gameplay mechanics and have better luck with the stability of the game, it maybe pretty cool. but i don't know if i'm going to keep playing it if it cannot behave itself.

Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jones

Brouzeufs, possibly the greatest name for a videogame currency ever. Having a blast with the game, i was getting black screen/sound loop crashes from time to time but I found a fix so when it works its a great game. I thought the hacking mini game was difficult at first but after a while it became really easy. I found it a good tactic to bring down their attack power first by using masking and then building up player attack level to around 100-130 and attack two times to insure a succesful hack. Seems to work most of the time.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#3  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Fascinating how differently it runs on different machines, before I bought it I heard a lot about it's bugginess, and thought about waiting for a daily sale or something until I got into a 4 pack. I can run it perfectly on my machine with a modest integrated ATi HD4200 GPU, and actually haven't encountered a single bug so far. And I generally get problems running Source engine games on my machine (TF2's UI gets screwed up and it often crashes on disconnecting from servers, Half-life 2 got weird sound issues, Dark Messiah barely runs at all, and Counter-Strike: Source crashes frequently)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.