Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EyePet

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 17, 2010

EyePet uses the PlayStation Eye camera (and PlayStation Move controller in later versions) to allow a virtual pet to interact with people and objects in the real world.

Eyepet Trailer

unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By unworthyBOZO

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Looks good,
    gona wait n see how it turns out :D

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By PenguinNerd

When I was following the live blogging and they mentioned this I was like...uhhh well ok sure for the kids.  But I decided to watch the trailer any way and I have to say.  WOW.  I don't think it's something I would buy but it's something that I could see myself playing around with for a while.  Plus I think that car they drew proves that if you don't have a PSEYE that YOU NEED ONE.  I don't know if anyone remembers the video but a few months back there was a video where these guys drew tanks and battled against each other using the PSEYE.  It was awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Saw this a little while ago, here is another video player embed;

Too bad it's coming in late 2009, but it will give them time to perfect what is shown in the video. Simply AMAZING IMO.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Sentry said:
    "Saw this a little while ago, here is another video player embed;

Too bad it's coming in late 2009, but it will give them time to perfect what is shown in the video. Simply AMAZING IMO."  
    Especially the part where they drew the car...and it came out of the paper....and he picked the controller up and IT MOVED LIKE ZOMGBBQ!!!!!  :D
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Otacon

Take it you don't need a white table lol, that would be hard to bundle in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, probably not but it works best that way, or else t would have a hard time recognizing you from the background at certain times.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PenguinNerd

It's too bad you can't like export your Sackboy from LBP and put him in this...so that they could interact with each other....that would be epic and I would get this game day one. :D

inferno1321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferno1321

using your sackboy would be pretty cool. my little sister is going to love this though. ha ha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, this is the next Sackboy. ;P

Really is cute though, always loved monkeys... and kittens... and puppies.... and this is just a mix of all of them. XD

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Sentry said:
    "Haha, this is the next Sackboy. ;P

Really is cute though, always loved monkeys... and kittens... and puppies.... and this is just a mix of all of them. XD"
    Maybe Sackboy and this thing (does anyone know what it is looks like a monkey) can coexist.  One day they'll rule the world together :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nerdboy said:
    "Sentry said:

Really is cute though, always loved monkeys... and kittens... and puppies.... and this is just a mix of all of them. XD"
    Maybe Sackboy and this thing (does anyone know what it is looks like a monkey) can coexist.  One day they'll rule the world together :D"

Perhaps in the future they will have DLC for EyePet that gives you a Sacboy costume! :P
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Sentry said:
    "nerdboy said:
    "Sentry said:

Maybe Sackboy and this thing (does anyone know what it is looks like a monkey) can coexist.  One day they'll rule the world together :D"

Perhaps in the future they will have DLC for EyePet that gives you a Sacboy costume! :P"
    YES!!! 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would be even better for this game is some kind of online play. Connect with buddies and have it look EXACTLY like it does in the trailer, except the screen is split for your camera feed and his, but your 'pet' are on the same area, so they can play with eachother seamlessly, and even fight with eachother (playfully).

What would be cool as well is a progression with your pet, how tough it is, how playful it is, etc, depending on how you treat it, and this will then determine how it acts with other pets.

Eh? Eh!?

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Emilio

I don't know, this could just be eye of judgment all over again.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By brukaoru

Those things look adorable! That is just a very cool idea, really neat to see that Sony's taking advantage of the camera more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dcpc10 said:
    "now i'm not regretting that i bought a PSeye anymore =)
    even though i dont think i would buy that...its a nice little piece of technology....hopefully the selling price will be under 10 bucks."
    I wish, I hear its going to be a disc game. :(

If it is, hopefully it has a LOT of functionality to it, like my ideas I posted up there.

This shows the future potential to the PS Eye as well.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Sentry said:
    "What would be even better for this game is some kind of online play. Connect with buddies and have it look EXACTLY like it does in the trailer, except the screen is split for your camera feed and his, but your 'pet' are on the same area, so they can play with eachother seamlessly, and even fight with eachother (playfully).

What would be cool as well is a progression with your pet, how tough it is, how playful it is, etc, depending on how you treat it, and this will then determine how it acts with other pets.

Eh? Eh!?"
    EyePet RPG!?!?!?!?! wait no.... EyePet MMORPG!!!!  Watch out WoW.
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HazBazz

So its Nintendogs?
    Actually that thing looks kinda awesome. So cute!

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Emilio said:
    "I don't know, this could just be eye of judgment all over again."
    I'm sorry I saw nothing wrong with Eye of Judgment... I still think it's one of the most innovative games this generation....show me ONE game on a console that can do that.
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HazBazz
    nerdboy said:
    "Emilio said:
    I'm sorry I saw nothing wrong with Eye of Judgment... I still think it's one of the most innovative games this generation....show me ONE game on a console that can do that."
    innovative does not mean good. I haven't played it so I won't judge it, but just because something innovates doesn't mean its good. If I were to bake you a cake made of old Game Boy cartridges, it would be inovative...
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PenguinNerd
    HazBazz said:
    "nerdboy said:
    "Emilio said:
    I'm sorry I saw nothing wrong with Eye of Judgment... I still think it's one of the most innovative games this generation....show me ONE game on a console that can do that."
    innovative does not mean good. I haven't played it so I won't judge it, but just because something innovates doesn't mean its good. If I were to bake you a cake made of old Game Boy cartridges, it would be inovative..."
    It actually was very good and has a very large following.....I own it and still play it.  And you say you haven't played it...so why would you have even said that this would be "eye of judgment all over again." as if it wasn't any good?  Also by saying that I saw nothing wrong with it means that I thought it was a very good game.
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HazBazz

First off, it wasn't me who said "Eye of judgement all over again", it was Emilio. Also, I wasn't doubting that it wasn't good, like i said, I've never played it, its just that in your origional post all you said in its favour was that it was innovative, and I was just making the point that origionality doesnt equal quality.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PenguinNerd
    HazBazz said:
    "First off, it wasn't me who said "Eye of judgement all over again", it was Emilio. Also, I wasn't doubting that it wasn't good, like i said, I've never played it, its just that in your origional post all you said in its favour was that it was innovative, and I was just making the point that origionality doesnt equal quality."
    Sorry I thought you were emillio I'll pay attention next time....that and try not to do 3 things at once. :D
    Just imagine everything I said was to him :D
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Emilio
    nerdboy said:
    "HazBazz said:
    "First off, it wasn't me who said "Eye of judgement all over again", it was Emilio. Also, I wasn't doubting that it wasn't good, like i said, I've never played it, its just that in your origional post all you said in its favour was that it was innovative, and I was just making the point that origionality doesnt equal quality."
    Sorry I thought you were emillio I'll pay attention next time....that and try not to do 3 things at once. :D
    "
    From trailers I meant. The EoJ trailers made it look like it was the most responsive thing ever.
    And cards to game connection was done earlier with the e-Reader, but not exactly like EoJ.

This is just a marketing trailer, so I have my doubts that the final product will actually be that interactive and responsive.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PenguinNerd
    Emilio said:
    "nerdboy said:
    "HazBazz said:
    "
    From trailers I meant. The EoJ trailers made it look like it was the most responsive thing ever.
    And cards to game connection was done earlier with the e-Reader, but not exactly like EoJ.

This is just a marketing trailer, so I have my doubts that the final product will actually be that interactive and responsive."
    Don't know how you have yours setup but whenever I play EoJ I have absolutely no problem getting it to respond. 
    jtickner1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By jtickner1

The game isn't really my cup of tea but the technology behind it is pure awesome. I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.